SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Not when the media (both Fargo and Grand Forks) say its UND and not NDSU.

Wasn't referring to who has more students (actually could care less). I was referring to that fact that you are exactly like the people on Bville that you constantly take shots at. You just do it for a different team.

I said I don't count online students. Nothing about knowing more than Harvard. Always been more of an Cambridge fan though.

Got it. You don't count online students, which means that you don't believe that those students are important in any way. Harvard and almost every school disagrees with you. I think that Harvard has more credibility in the field of education than Johnnyboy in North Dakota, so I'm going to side with Harvard and believe that online students are important. You and your Bville buddies can live in the 1950's when online students didn't exist.

I said I don't count online students. Nothing about knowing more than Harvard. Always been more of an Cambridge fan though.

I will tell my co-worker who is taking online classes at NDSU that she doesn't count. But I am sure her student debt counts against her.

Wasn't referring to who has more students (actually could care less). I was referring to that fact that you are exactly like the people on Bville that you constantly take shots at. You just do it for a different team.

And so are you and everyone else that posts on a message board.

Got it. You don't count online students, which means that you don't believe that those students are important in any way. Harvard and almost every school disagrees with you. I think that Harvard has more credibility in the field of education than Johnnyboy in North Dakota, so I'm going to side with Harvard and believe that online students are important. You and your Bville buddies can live in the 1950's when online students didn't exist.

Oh I'm aware schools will count online students. Looks good for their numbers and those people are paying for an education that the institution is providing.

Are you going to feel like you have as much in common with them as a student who goes to UND on campus and experienced the dorms, classrooms, other aspects of college life? To me they aren't college students as much as they are taking college classes online.

Oh I'm aware schools will count online students. Looks good for their numbers and those people are paying for an education that the institution is providing.

Are you going to feel like you have as much in common with them as a student who goes to UND on campus and experienced the dorms, classrooms, other aspects of college life? To me they aren't college students as much as they are taking college classes online.

I never lived in a dorm while going to college. Does that mean I don't count because I didn't have the full college experience? I worked almost full time while going to school, so I didn't have a chance to take part in clubs or student government. Does that mean I don't count as a "regular" student? I know a lot of students that never went to a game of any kind because they weren't into sports. Do they count as "regular" students? Do I have to have a lot in common with every other student? Everyone's college experience is different, I think that you are going to have a hard time defining a "regular" college experience these days.

If someone has the University of North Dakota on a diploma, and put it on their resume, do you think that anyone is going to ask them if they were an online student or a "regular" student? They got an education from the University of North Dakota. That is what counts, not your warped impression about whether online students count or not.

• Upvote 1

I never lived in a dorm while going to college. Does that mean I don't count because I didn't have the full college experience? I worked almost full time while going to school, so I didn't have a chance to take part in clubs or student government. Does that mean I don't count as a "regular" student? I know a lot of students that never went to a game of any kind because they weren't into sports. Do they count as "regular" students? Do I have to have a lot in common with every other student? Everyone's college experience is different, I think that you are going to have a hard time defining a "regular" college experience these days.

If someone has the University of North Dakota on a diploma, and put it on their resume, do you think that anyone is going to ask them if they were an online student or a "regular" student? They got an education from the University of North Dakota. That is what counts, not your warped impression about whether online students count or not.

And don't forget only alumns can be fans....I always loved that BV theory.

With UND playing .500 ball in another league, and the bison winning NCs, it is easy to see why appox 58% of voters on this board want the game, and 70% of voters on another board don't want the game. Yes, it is a historic rivalry game, but it will also bring its share of toxicity. I think the ndsu folks know that the river will flow south during the week before the game with all kinds of media bs, and maybe even a few facts to go along with the selective memory bs. If I'm the AD from state, why even go there with a FB game and drag yourself into the muck. The current situation is w/o void. If one takes the time to consider the best interests down south, it is not difficult to see why the game is not scheduled.

Nothing toxic coming from the FU faithful at all....

Finally, from a Bison fan who identifies himself only as “bisonation@hotmail.com” who took exception to my statement that the fans were losers with NDSU and UND unable to get their football rivalry renewed:

“We are national (FCS football) champions and (Bison) basketball team that is 16-3. You are nobodies and no one cares about your old incessant whining like a lil’ bitch! Enjoy being the common denominator!! Racist losers.”

What a good ambassador you have representing FU. Doesn't look like law enforcement will have to follow up on this e-mail, but it sure makes the fan base as a whole look real good.

Excuses for losing Darrel? Reality check people. Back to back national champions vs sub 500

It would be a blowout. This isn't the 90s. Its closer to the 80s. It would be like the sdsu vs usd game. A blowout and anticlimactic game that was supposed to resume competitive. Within a decade you guys will build your program up but right now the balance is way off. I want to see epic games. So do you. My perfect scenario would be a playoff match up.

Other sports we are fairly evenly matched and its competitive. Makes sense.

Excuses for losing Darrel? Reality check people. Back to back national champions vs sub 500

It would be a blowout. This isn't the 90s. Its closer to the 80s. It would be like the sdsu vs usd game. A blowout and anticlimactic game that was supposed to resume competitive. Within a decade you guys will build your program up but right now the balance is way off. I want to see epic games. So do you. My perfect scenario would be a playoff match up.

NDSU would blow out UND? And yet you guys lost at home to Indiana State this year and YSU last year...what were their records? NDSU winning probably but a blowout like back in the 80's? Doubt it.

I can certainly agree with this post. We need to do some building before it makes sense to play SU. When we play them again I want to see a battle like the 90's and we are a few years off. A matchup in the playoffs would do wonders to spark the rivalry but the keyword here is playoffs...let's make the playoffs and go from there.

NDSU would blow out UND? And yet you guys lost at home to Indiana State this year and YSU last year...what were their records? NDSU winning probably but a blowout like back in the 80's? Doubt it.

Darell, you picked two games out of 28.

Darell, you picked two games out of 28.

And UND got blowout on only two games this year. Sorry we are not Moorhead St where you will put up 80 points on us. We beat good teams including Montana and you know how tough they are...or at least in the coming years you will know how tough they are. But ISU and YSU proves how the mighty Herd can fall in their own building. UND knows all to well how to knock you guys on your ass in the Fargodome....4-1!

And UND got blowout on only two games this year. Sorry we are not Moorhead St where you will put up 80 points on us. We beat good teams including Montana and you know how tough they are...or at least in the coming years you will know how tough they are. But ISU and YSU proves how the mighty Herd can fall in their own building. UND knows all to well how to knock you guys on your ass in the Fargodome....4-1!

Butt .... Butt... Butt butt buttthatwasalongtimeago

Quite a accomplishment to only get blown out twice in one season! Good job......