Shots Allowed 28.8

Last 10 9-1-0

Scoring 4 + goals 18-0-2

Scoring 3 goals or fewer 10-10-2

Allowing 3 goals or fewer 27-6-2

Allowing 4+ goals 1-4-3

Record vs. Tournament 8-5-1

vs. RPI Top 25 11-7-2

Hey, no problem. I don't believe in karma, but I do believe in really good hockey teams.

GO SIOUX!

• Upvote 1

Was in Denver in '07 for the West regional semi when UND won 8-5 and neither goalie, JPL for us, could stop a beachball.

This year we got a Dell...4-1 UND wins. Stars shine on stages like this. Dell will be huge. Frattin will continue to operate in beast mode and JG is going get 1 for sure...maybe 2.

Hey, no problem. I don't believe in karma, but I do believe in really good hockey teams.

GO SIOUX!

There is just certain way things are done here...AZ just has to get the party started for opponent/game threads.

But I'm with you...good teams trump karma.

Go Sioux!

Good sport .... +1.

AZ starts the game day. It's just how things are done. ;)

Agreed, he dictates a lot of the posting that I do. AZ does an outstanding job setting up the game week threads. :blush:

I think this game will be dictated by specialty teams. If we see a lot of powerplays both ways and the flow goes out of the game with a lot of stoppages, advantage Michigan. The sioux take three or less penalties, and 90% of the game is played five on five, advantage sioux.

Hopefully we have an officiating crew that allows the physical play, and doesn't over-officiate the hockey game. If the Sioux aren't killing penalties and rolling four lines they'll be tough to beat.

Props to Michigan for getting to the Frozen Four...Anything can happen (re: 1997 Sioux, 1998 Michigan) but I'm thinking the Sioux will squeeze out a 4-3 win in OT...Go Sioux!!

PS. this is my 2,000th post!! I dont' know whether to celebrate or set up an intervention. ;)

• Upvote 1

I don't know if it has been posted somewhere or not (I've been too busy TRYING to find tickets to read much) but for those of u with xbox live accts, there is an ESPN site where you can watch replays on demand of all of the NCAA hockey tourney games.

I watched the michigan vs CC. Game and my take on them is this:

They play of our style without the checking.

Their power play looks a lot like ours. They like to work it up top and look for shots from the blue line.

On the penalty kill they are very 'sweepy' with sticks and once again they just don't attack a lot.

For us, I think if we stay aggressive and attack the puck carrier, we will destroy this team.

I'd really like to see the Sioux hang 7 or 8 on each of their opponents this week.

I sort of enjoyed the regional.

Agreed. Definitely helps the stress level when you have a 6-0 lead in the 3rd. Although the DU game was stressful till around 8 mins left in the 3rd.

I'm not going to give any predictions, I am happy about facing Michigan though, its a great matchup for us. We are the better team, let's go out and prove it!

Michigan is a tough match in a couple ways.

First, they are as physical as we are.

Second, they have great team speed.

If we have an edge, its in goaltending, depth, and disciplined play within our systems.

You can bet Red will have looked for a weakness, and will have watched the WCHA Final Five games with an eye for closing a weak spot. I would be surprised if he didn't also watch the tapes of our recent games with BC.

Krach notwithstanding, I actually like our odds in the final better than the odds in the semifinal.

Game against Michigan is going to be a good one. While I definitely don't mind spotting 6-8 goals so it'll ease my mind, I think it is going to be a much closer battle. A 3-2, 4-2(EN goal) result game.

Hopefully it is the Sioux that are on the right end of things! GO SIOUX!!