SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs Michigan

AZSIOUX

Michigan is a tough match in a couple ways.

First, they are as physical as we are.

Second, they have great team speed.

If we have an edge, its in goaltending, depth, and disciplined play within our systems.

If this is a racehorse hockey game...advantage UND. Our top end guys, specifically our top 2 lines and then throw in Kristo, have as much speed but better skill. You let the Pony line race up and down...fogetaboutit!

If it is a physical, grind it out game...advantage UND. More physical and rolling 4 lines will wear UM down IMO.

2 ways UND doesn't advance. 1) Good portion of game is special teams with UND on the PK alot. 2) Dell has off night...but this is highly unlikely IMO with how consistent he has been.

I'll stand with an earlier prediction...4-1 UND. Close early, Dell is sharp then the man-child, Frattin, and Mr. Smooth, JG, take over half way thru the game.

Agreed. Definitely helps the stress level when you have a 6-0 lead in the 3rd. Although the DU game was stressful till around 8 mins left in the 3rd.

I'm not going to give any predictions, I am happy about facing Michigan though, its a great matchup for us. We are the better team, let's go out and prove it!

In addition to Dell's play, I think one of the most important factors in the Regional was the fact that we did not go into a conservative shell when we got up two. We kept on the pressure and the floodgates opened. We need to play our game for 60 minutes and not get too conservative with a lead. When we are full bore, we can put up 6 on anyone.

The thing about goaltending is that you can be on the best roll ever, and stumble for one game, and it is literally game over. The Sioux can attest to that over the past several years just about as well as anybody.

Michigan is a tough match in a couple ways.

First, they are as physical as we are.

Second, they have great team speed.

If we have an edge, its in goaltending, depth, and disciplined play within our systems.

You can bet Red will have looked for a weakness, and will have watched the WCHA Final Five games with an eye for closing a weak spot. I would be surprised if he didn't also watch the tapes of our recent games with BC.

Krach notwithstanding, I actually like our odds in the final better than the odds in the semifinal.

Why would he watch our "recent" games against BC? 1- they were not recent and 2- the team that lost to BC is not our current team. He would have wasted his time if you ask me. Oh, then I hope he did watch. :lol:

Why would he watch our "recent" games against BC? 1- they were not recent and 2- the team that lost to BC is not our current team. He would have wasted his time if you ask me. Oh, then I hope he did watch. :lol:

I would tend to agree with this. I think the Maine games from this year will be great for him to watch.

I would tend to agree with this. I think the Maine games from this year will be great for him to watch.

yeah he should show the video from maine if he wants to scare the crap out of his own team with all the legal/non legal hits the sioux threw down in that awful weekend of hockey ;) looking back and listening to hak that may have been a very beneficial lesson to the team with what type of run they have been on since that debacle. jump on mich early and then lock down

KG on KFAN just picked the SIOUX to dominate this weekend!! He also said of the 17,000 people at the Final Five 14,000 were wearing green or black! He said the Sioux will travel the BEST this weekend!!! Can't wait for this weekend to start!! Give me a nitro pill now!!!! GO SIOUX!!!!!!!

KG on KFAN just picked the SIOUX to dominate this weekend!! He also said of the 17,000 people at the Final Five 14,000 were wearing green or black! He said the Sioux will travel the BEST this weekend!!! Can't wait for this weekend to start!! Give me a nitro pill now!!!! GO SIOUX!!!!!!!

Kevin Garnett?

Whoever said it, I AGREE!

For all of you that might want to know the latest before and during the game, smart phones are able to pick up I Heart Radio and you can get 96.1 from GF. This way you can keep up on the information and get a home town point of view of what is happening. During the Final Five, I was listening in between periods. Great way to get even more into the game.

For all of you that might want to know the latest before and during the game, smart phones are able to pick up I Heart Radio and you can get 96.1 from GF. This way you can keep up on the information and get a home town point of view of what is happening. During the Final Five, I was listening in between periods. Great way to get even more into the game.

Cool my I phone has a purpose now :D

I'm not going to jinx us with what I think the outcome will be...... but.....

We have a solid core of senior leadership.

We have a whole bunch of really good lines that can be mixed and matched.

We have perhaps the best goalie in the nation.

The stars are beginning to align.

Cool my I phone has a purpose now :D

Schlossman's instant chat works nicely as well. I'd also have a window on Sioux Sports because I think they limit the ability for the press box to see replays. It's nice to be able to look on SS and find out what happened on a disputed goal or penalty.

If I wasn't going to be at a viewing party I'd be on one or the other.

I would think the game against CC in the Final Five would be of interest to them...they gave us all we could handle in that game...

I would think the game against CC in the Final Five would be of interest to them...they gave us all we could handle in that game...

Minus Gregoire, though.

Whole different dynamic when he's in the lineup.

As a North Dakota native and a Michigan alumni, I'm always like one of 14 people in the country who get unreasonably excited anytime these two teams play. Looking forward to the weekend. I think you guys have the advantage line by line. You never can quite tell where Michigan's offense is coming from, so I'm hoping for a physical, low-scoring game otherwise the Sioux might run away with it. And it's scary to be heading to St. Paul, because even though I know Michigan sold it's entire allotment of tickets, I'm guessing it's going to be an all green crowd. I hope we have an exciting one. Best of luck to you. Go Blue!

I think Michigan will look to play it tight and try and squeak one out like they did against Nebraska-Omaha. I look for a tight first period followed by the Sioux opening things up in the second and pulling away in the third. 5-2 Sioux.

GO SIOUX!!!!