SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Frozen 4

AZSIOUX

Congrats to Sandelin, former Sioux standout player and assistant coach. It hasn't always been smooth in Duluth, but he's now a legend there. Also to the Dogs. Schmidt couldn't have seemed like a nicer guy in the interview on the ice right afterward.

The celebration was tough to watch, though, and my budding recovery has been stunted.

One line team indeed - the all-tournament team had 3 Bulldogs and none of them were Connelly, Connelly or Fontaine.

Brown was outstanding tonight. As was Faulk ... his triple-dangle early in the OT was one where we'd have seen that goal a million times if it had gone in.

(We think we've got puck luck run against us ... UMD before tonight had had 25 years of it ... nice to see it come to an end with a trophy for them.)

Congratulations UMD!

In spite of DrunkHockeyGuy and in spite of some profane UMD t-shirts that were very anti-UND at the X, the UND crowd got behind UMD tonight and helped cheer them on to victory. Congratulations Bulldogs on your first national championship and a very entertaining game. Glad to see you win, if it wasn't the Sioux.

WAY TO GO UMD!!!!! I'm happy for UMD and their fans except for a couple of them.

I'm way happy for the UMD fan who sits 2 rows behind us at the Final Five every year. Wish I could shake his hand right now.

Yep, kind of sticks the knife in again a little bit, but I'm happy for UMD.

Did anyone else notice the HUGE mistake Clay Matvick made at the beginning of the game?

As he introduced Neal Broten, he said he was "the only player to win a national championship, and Olympic gold medal, and a Stanley Cup".

That is so obviously wrong I can't believe his writers screwed that up.

I can think of one Sioux - Eddie Belfour - who won all three.

There might be others out there (probably les Canadiens...)

UMD fan section cheered like mad when Michigan won on Thursday. Despite that, I cheered like the Bulldogs were wearing green tonight. Congratulations Bulldogs!

Can someone tell me what DrunkHockeyGuy did/said now and what these t-shirts said?

Congratulations UMD!

This turned out to be a big year for them, opening a brand new arena and getting a national championship banner to hang in it. They are getting quite the athletic department! 8 national championships in 10 years!

2001 - women's hockey national champs

2002 - women's hockey national champs

2003 - women's hockey national champs

2008 - women's hockey national champs

2008 - football national champs

2010 - women's hockey national champs

2010 - football national champs

2011 - men's hockey national champs

The Sioux had quite the good streak from 97-01 with national championships. It appears that UMD took over for us.

Congrats to the dogs. I guess every dog has his day now and again. This just goes to show you don't have to have the best team in the country or even your league to win it all. You just need a decent goal tender and boats of luck. Case in point the UMD bulldogs. Michigan was on borrowed time and they got lucky twice this year but that was all the magic they had. Goal/non Goal against UNO and then beating UND. Next year we will just have to beat up more on the dogs and put them back in there place. Remember Dog fans, celebrating is one thing but rubbing it in will only makes things worse.

So again congrats. Allow me to take one final parting shot at the dogs. It took them a Sioux to finally win them a NC. Ironic.

• Downvote 2

maybe bleach blonde isn't such a bad idea :silly:

It's a horrible idea! It's the only thing I can think of that would make me question my undying allegiance to the Sioux!

Not that Runninwiththedogs wasn't a platinum vision. But she's the exception.