SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Frozen 4

AZSIOUX

I have a real tough problem. :D I will be en route to Maui during the Saturday game (will likely miss it). When to Sioux go the Championship I need to find a bar etc to watch us bring home number 8!! Poor me!!!! :blush:

Er... I hate to break it to you, but if you miss the Saturday game, you're missing the championship game. I do hope you meant Thursday!

I really don't see UND as being lucky at all. They would've just beat Denver maybe 3-1 instead of 6-1. If anything Denver was lucky to make it to overtime against WMU. Then the Sioux just played smart in the 3rd period against the Pios and still stretched the lead. With a healthy roster and continuing to play smart, simple hockey I can't see them losing.

This time of the year isn't time for excuses. I agree with you. If you don't care of business the day before or if you go late into OT, its your own fault and it may be a little disadvantage but you can't use that as an excuse for losing.

Will Al Pearson be having a bus?

I will already have tickets and lodging, but would love to jump a bus instead of drive myself. I would just have my buddies pick me up in whatever suburb he has the hotel lined up.

Yes, Al will most likely have a bus going. The fact that you already have tickets is a plus because he has not been able--yet--to lay hands on tickets for his passengers. He is working every possible angle. Call him and get on the list: 218-779-5740

My family and I will be sitting in section 216. Anyone know if they serve adult beverages at the X during the Frozen Four? I don't think they do due to NCAA regulations, but my wife says they do. Let me know.

Go Sioux!!!!

You cannot consume adult beverages at NCAA events.

• Upvote 1

My family and I will be sitting in section 216. Anyone know if they serve adult beverages at the X during the Frozen Four? I don't think they do due to NCAA regulations, but my wife says they do. Let me know.

Go Sioux!!!!

If an adult beverage consists of a cola and ice, your in luck.

You cannot consume adult beverages at NCAA events.

Not completely true, were in a suite, and will have booze and food. There will be no alcohol sales in the concourses though! Sioux fans will have to hit up the st Paul bars before the games, speaking of, where are the places to go by the x?

Btw, didn't mean to + your post, meant to hit reply. Go Sioux!

Er... I hate to break it to you, but if you miss the Saturday game, you're missing the championship game. I do hope you meant Thursday!

I meant Saturday. Thursdays game will be just fine for me. I am trying to change flights to have a loooooooooong layover in Denver or LAX for Saturday a/k/a Championship game.

Go Sioux!!!!

According to a friend that's going to be in a suite, they do not serve beer out in the regular seats, only in the suites, where it's ONLY 28 bucks a six pack. Uff da!!!

Not completely true, were in a suite, and will have booze and food. There will be no alcohol sales in the concourses though! Sioux fans will have to hit up the st Paul bars before the games, speaking of, where are the places to go by the x?

Btw, didn't mean to + your post, meant to hit reply. Go Sioux!

McGovern's

It has been great following the team out in CT with the FCS channel. I am very happy there are no east teams left. :D

Wow -- good to see you Fedorov. An overdue Frozen Four appearance is bringing everyone out of the woodwork :D (I, too, am thrilled not to see B.C. after my mistake of being excited about the revenge meetup in Denver, though wouldn't have minded a shot at Yale this year, #2 vs #1).

Sleeper team is Notre Dame. They are okay just packing it in defensively, getting outshot, and trying to jump on any chance that comes their way (yes, thats called opportunistic). Their key is Johnson. If he plays well the Irish have as good of a chance as anybody. He struggles, Notre Dame gets beat by Duluth 5-1.

I'm not sure what to think of Michigan. Struggle with a testy UNO squad, and pretty much handled CC but couldn't score. They've been a streaky team all year having unbeaten streaks of 4, 5, and even 8 games before losing to Western at the CCHA conference tournament. Control Hagelin's line, limit Michigan's d from joining the rushes with solid backchecking, and I think the Sioux have a great chance to beat Michigan.