SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

Anyone know what kind of offense they run at North Carolina?

Quarterback Braden Hanson has graduated from North Carolina and will transfer to the University of North Dakota for his final year of eligibility, a UNC official confirmed Monday.

http://northcarolina.../2/1146993.html

Braden Hanson:

http://www.tarheelbl...n_braden01.html

Hanson was caught behind Bryn Renner on the UNC depth chart.

Braden Hanson is transferring to UND for his final season of eligibility. Big pickup

To me, this is ideal, because now we should be able to red-shirt both Mollberg and Bartels and give them a year to learn the system, mature, and get stronger. Plus, hopefully Hanson will bring the maturity and leadership you'd expect from a 5th-yr. senior, and, with the receiving corps we have returning, with the running game we have to balance out a potentially good passing attack, things could get fairly interesting next season.

I am extremely happy with what seems like a quality "get" for UND. After looking at his UNC career bio, it looks like he was used in a limited number of situations and didn't really fair that great, not many attempts and yet a couple of picks against lesser competition, such as Georgia Southern. He's stuck behind a to-be junior QB with another to-be sophomore waiting in the wings. His high school credentials look solid, you could even say stellar. I really like his size (6'6" 215 pounds) and the potential maturity he'll bring to the young QBs. At least, with that kind of size, he'll be able have good down field vision and be able to throw over the O-line without bonking the ball off their helmets or allowing the D to get a hand on it. Looks like he has roots in Kansas City and likes playing pick-up basketball on the side. He was a business major at UNC.

The UNC spokesperson says he's graduated from UNC. Given that, I wouldn't be surprised to find out he starts graduate school at UND tomorrow.

Quarterback Braden Hanson has graduated from North Carolina and will transfer to the University of North Dakota for his final year of eligibility, a UNC official confirmed Monday.

I read the kids twitter. There was nothing there that would justify some of the previous posts here. Might not be my style but I am sure more people than Fetch and Dave K don't like style. People have posted some stuff that really stretch the facts. I don't believe anyone really knows what happened. Sometimes kids misunderstand the schools interest in them or thier interst in us ( similar to the Woods kid in Bemidji). This kids Mom had a classy post and was complimentary of our coaches. Lets leave it at that. I understand recruiting is still going well for UND but don't have any other details.

I'm with Ira. I was wondering if he took some posts down because I didn't see anything too objectionable. Good luck to him.

It seems to me that it wasn't his twitter account that got his offer pulled at all (albeit it didn't help). After taking this all in I am thinking that we offered him a bit prematurely; then the UNC transfer came online and he is definitely the obvious choice given our qb situation. We maybe pulled the trigger a bit to soon and I think social media's 24 hour presence gave people a reason to speculate while they (coaches/admin) worked on making the UNC transfer official.

Maybe our new name can be the minutemen :lol:

Anyone know what kind of offense they run at North Carolina?

Braden Hanson:

http://www.tarheelbl...n_braden01.html

Hanson was caught behind Bryn Renner on the UNC depth chart.

Pro style. TJ Yates was there last year and is now leading the Texans in the playoffs.

I'm a huge UNC fan along with being a UND alum so I follow them very closely. He's got some real talent but Yates developed into a really good QB for them and then Renner was too good to not start so he was always stuck in a tough situation. UNC is going to spread with Fedora so there was no point in him hanging around.

It's great that UND now can bring along the two freshman QB's more slowly and let them develop and get acclimated to college football. Just a great pickup for the Sioux. Can't wait for next season now.

• Upvote 2

This is an exciting recruit.. I believe UND is on the brink of being very good. We are playoff ready and I think Braden can put us over the top and into the playoffs. We have a great schedule. The Big Sky is going to be fun. I can't wait.

• Upvote 3

I'm not much of guru when it comes to recruiting on this site, but isn't a bit of a bad sign that we have had two consecutive years of bringing in a trasfer at the QB position?

Everybody loved Bradely last January, now everybody loves Hanson this January....................

I'm not much of guru when it comes to recruiting on this site, but isn't a bit of a bad sign that we have had two consecutive years of bringing in a trasfer at the QB position?

Everybody loved Bradely last January, now everybody loves Hanson this January....................

I think it stems from Bradely being a junior college transfer vs a top 20 quarterback out of high school who is now a very mature graduate of an FBS program, albeit as a backup.

With that said. I don't get excited about HS recruitment highlight videos. Every candidate looks good in those.

I think it stems from Bradely being a junior college transfer vs a top 20 quarterback out of high school who is now a very mature graduate of an FBS program, albeit as a backup.

With that said. I don't get excited about HS recruitment highlight videos. Every candidate looks good in those.

No disrespect to Hanson intended, but is North Carolina a hotbed of football? Top 20 QB in North Carolina doesn't do much for me. I'm sure he has talent, or North Dakota wouldn't have been looking at him.

My concern is that we've had a long line of solid QB's here, that didn't transfer in at the last minute..............

No disrespect to Hanson intended, but is North Carolina a hotbed of football? Top 20 QB in North Carolina doesn't do much for me. I'm sure he has talent, or North Dakota wouldn't have been looking at him.

My concern is that we've had a long line of solid QB's here, that didn't transfer in at the last minute..............

Top 20 in the nation, not state. He played in the Under Armour game after high school. Apples and Oranges with him and Bradley.