SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SCSU - saturday

ChadR

Well, as well as they played there are still things to work on.

1) The won 6-2, but only tied in match play. They won the first period, tied the second period, and lost the third period. I think they need to strive to win each period. If you do that, you can't lose.

2) Time to fix the powerplay. Not having Gregoire and Hextall is definitely a downer. Mario finally converted on one at the end. I'm not sure what they can do to fix it, but I'd like to see their conversion rate go up.

3) I couldn't be happier with Dell, but if he can erase that one soft goal over the course of an entire weekend, then I think he'd be a championship-calibre goalie.

First star of the night goes to the coaching staff for having the team wear the black uniforms tonight. Talk about giving a team a psychological edge.....I bet when the boys walked into the locker room they all got smiles and had that feeling of something positive. I think the same could be said for SCSU. When they saw the sioux in black they must have thought.....ohh !@#$....here we go.....

Great Sweep! Sitting in second place in the league now. Lets go get a couple in Mankato, who should be riding high after beating the gophers twice....well at least their goalie beat Minnesota twice, not sure who else they had on the ice but him.

Well, as well as they played there are still things to work on.

1) The won 6-2, but only tied in match play. They won the first period, tied the second period, and lost the third period. I think they need to strive to win each period. If you do that, you can't lose.

2) Time to fix the powerplay. Not having Gregoire and Hextall is definitely a downer. Mario finally converted on one at the end. I'm not sure what they can do to fix it, but I'd like to see their conversion rate go up.

3) I couldn't be happier with Dell, but if he can erase that one soft goal over the course of an entire weekend, then I think he'd be a championship-calibre goalie.

Couldn't agree more, on a separate issue, mind if I steal your avatar for use on another forum?

Looked to me that the St Cloud guy dove into Dell which led to the puck going into the net. At least they got it right last night.

Agree, it seems like they are setting a precedent that if you fall into the goalie and the puck goes in, you will be rewarded. True it didn't cost us the game this time, but again they can't seem to figure out this call because they took away a goal from Minnesota against Mankato for the same type of play. Maybe they will have to create a separate stat goals after goalie contact, because Dell hasn't given the opposition much when he doesn't get run over.

Couldn't agree more, on a separate issue, mind if I steal your avatar for use on another forum?

To be honest, I love sharing artwork, but that is one thing I'd like to keep personal. I had to invidually create each jersey shown just to put it together.

If you'd like something unique, send me a pm.

To be honest, I love sharing artwork, but that is one thing I'd like to keep personal. I had to invidually create each jersey shown just to put it together.

If you'd like something unique, send me a pm.

Completely understand, that's why I asked instead of just right clicked. Nice work!

I agree Dell played well. But against the best of the best (which SCS is not), giving up a single goal can mean a loss. Gotta tighten the cinch.

You want Dell to pitch a shutout every game? That's asking a bit much. ;):)

Great series from the Sioux, awesome to see the stick salute, it's been too long!

Now time to bring the Mavs back down to earth after their sweep of the Gophers.

• Upvote 1

You want Dell to pitch a shutout every game? That's asking a bit much. ;):)

Great series from the Sioux, awesome to see the stick salute, it's been too long!

Now time to bring the Mavs back down to earth after their sweep of the Gophers.

Dell played well this weekend and made a lot of good saves. After the first Dell was left to fend for himself.

Thought Trupp was geat tonight and all weekend for that matter. IMO best player on the ice this weekend.

Mario played another good game...glad to see him net one.

And Davidson's play was more than solid. Good for him to get back into the mix. He sets the 4th line in a way Gleason can't. He is a great fit with Rowney and Mario with the injuries we have.

I threw out the suggestion of Marto at Forward early in the offseason, and the idea wasn't very popular with others on this board. Maybe it's not such a horrible idea after all. I think it will be a nice option to have if injuries were to hit us later in the season, especially around tournament time.