SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Luke Johnson just got in a fight, didn't see if he lost or not but the guy he's fighting is much bigger.

Nice! In a all star game?! Ha that's classic. Johnson, Thompson, Poolman and Ladue are going to be fun to watch.

Are eades and Bowens kid good enough to play at UND? Could be a very local team soon including gothberg and the cities kids.

Wasnt there a grad rapids kid at a game recent?

Johnson held his own....sort of. Was fighting a much bigger dman who had 3 inches on him. Poolman logged at on of ice time and played very well. Johnson did ok, but wasn't on the ice a ton and Voltin was used only sparingly and didn't hear his name much. So, not an outstanding game for any of the recruits (besides maybe Poolman), but no real mistakes so that is good.

Nice! In a all star game?! Ha that's classic. Johnson, Thompson, Poolman and Ladue are going to be fun to watch.

Are eades and Bowens kid good enough to play at UND? Could be a very local team soon including gothberg and the cities kids.

Wasnt there a grad rapids kid at a game recent?

I'm not sure if Eades will be able to play at this level has good size but his footwork needs some improvement. I think Bowen will have a shot to play at the college level as well as maybe Tye Ausmus who is another sophomore at EGF and the brother of Gage Ausmus who is headed to Denver. The kid that I have my eye on at EGF with maybe the most potential is Tanner Tweten who has played very well and is a 6-2 freshman. The kid from Grand Rapids that visited UND recently was Avery Peterson who is kind of long and lanky, I watched him play against Benilde on hockey day and he was pretty impressive and had 2 of his teams goals, may need to work on the skating a little bit but he has great hands and that finishing ability. He reminded me a little bit of Brock Nelson and had some similarities but he's not quite at that level yet.

I haven't seen him play but have heard a lot about him is Jacob Benson of Red River good enough to play at UND?

I'm not sure if Eades will be able to play at this level has good size but his footwork needs some improvement. I think Bowen will have a shot to play at the college level as well as maybe Tye Ausmus who is another sophomore at EGF and the brother of Gage Ausmus who is headed to Denver. The kid that I have my eye on at EGF with maybe the most potential is Tanner Tweten who has played very well and is a 6-2 freshman. The kid from Grand Rapids that visited UND recently was Avery Peterson who is kind of long and lanky, I watched him play against Benilde on hockey day and he was pretty impressive and had 2 of his teams goals, may need to work on the skating a little bit but he has great hands and that finishing ability. He reminded me a little bit of Brock Nelson and had some similarities but he's not quite at that level yet.

I haven't seen him play but have heard a lot about him is Jacob Benson of Red River good enough to play at UND?

No, probably not. You never know though, kids "figure it out" at different times. Doing well in ND high school hockey means nothing when it comes to making the jump to the NCAA ranks. He'll play in the USHL, most likely, to see how he matures.

Recruit Update:

'92

Paul LaDue, D, Lincoln (USHL), 38gp, 10-22-32

'93

Geoff Crisfield, D, Vernon (BCHL), 38gp, 1-1-2

Wade Murphy, F, Penticton (BCHL), 39gp, 18-32-50

Tucker Poolman, D, Omaha (USHL), 39gp, 10-7-17

'94

Adam Tambellini, F, Surrey (BCHL), 41gp, 27-22-49

Luke Johnson, F, Lincoln (USHL), 31gp, 11-15-26

Jack Rowe, F, Cedar Rapids (USHL), 35gp, 10-11-21

'95

Luke Voltin, F, Des Moines (USHL), 40gp, 5-12-17

Charlie Pelnik, D, Fargo (USHL), 10gp, 0-1-1

Keaton Thompson, D, NTDP U18, 36gp, 2-8-10

'96

Nick Schmaltz, F, Green Bay (USHL), 38gp, 11-20-31

Chris Wilkie, F, NTDP U17, 38gp, 12-14-26

Austin Poganski, F, St Cloud Cathedral (MNHS), 17gp, 18-15-33

Shane Gersich, F, Holy Family (MNHS), 16gp, 14-23-37

Ryan Mantha, D, Sioux City (USHL), 31gp, 0-3-3

Rhett Gardner, F, Moose Jaw (SMAAAHL), 27gp, 21-19-40

'97

Christian Evers, D, Omaha Lancers AAA U16, 18gp, 4-12-16

That 1996 group of forward recruits are really special. Hopefully the majority of them make it to campus, as that will be a fun group to watch.

Recruit Update:

'92

'93

'94

'95

'96

'97

That 1996 group of forward recruits are really special. Hopefully the majority of them make it to campus, as that will be a fun group to watch.

Yeah, do you think there would even be room for Ryan Gropp with the verbal of Gardner? Maybe they are covering themselves in case someone caves to Major Junior pressure.

Recruit Update:

'92

'93

'94

'95

'96

'97

Finally someone spells LaDue's name right.

I agree, that group includes probably 4 of the top 6 American forwards for that year. Like you said, if they make it to campus, they could be very special.

I agree, that group includes probably 4 of the top 6 American forwards for that year. Like you said, if they make it to campus, they could be very special.

Was just thinking that they all have to be top 10 USA skaters then you add tambelini, Johnson and Murphy.

Thanks on Pelnik, figured it had to be a injury.

If UND listened to disgruntled fans and fired Hakstol, you can bet there would be blood in the water on some of those recruits because they are so highly rated, giving coaches a plausible reason to contact them, and the recruits a chance to re-open their recruitment depending on their reasons for their verbal. Hopefully all of them continue to develop and can add to the legacy of the program.

Was just thinking that they all have to be top 10 NA skaters then you add tambelini, Johnson and Murphy.

Thanks on Pelnik, figured it had to be a injury.

To say they're all top 10 NA skaters is a stretch. Did you mean American skaters? That's more on target, I'd say. Because NA would include Canada, and I don't think they're all top ten with Canada tossed in.

Something I found interesting was that Wilkie and Gersich have the same birthday, are the same age, but Wilkie is a jr in HS and Gersich is a sophomore. Kind of funny.

Something I found interesting was that Wilkie and Gersich have the same birthday, are the same age, but Wilkie is a jr in HS and Gersich is a sophomore. Kind of funny.

They are July B-Dates, right? Some kids are ready for kindergarten at age 5, some aren't. That's the decision parents have to make when their child has a summer birthday.

They are July B-Dates, right? Some kids are ready for kindergarten at age 5, some aren't. That's the decision parents have to make when their child has a summer birthday.

Yeah, I an aware of that, both my sisters were held back a year from kindergarden, while I was put in right away.

I just thought it was kind of random, that's all.

To say they're all top 10 NA skaters is a stretch. Did you mean American skaters? That's more on target, I'd say. Because NA would include Canada, and I don't think they're all top ten with Canada tossed in.

Yes that was my mistake and fixed it. Thanks. Are holy family or poganskis st cloud cath state tourney worthy teams?? Think those are our only 2 HS recruits right?

Yes that was my mistake and fixed it. Thanks. Are holy family or poganskis st cloud cath state tourney worthy teams?? Think those are our only 2 HS recruits right?

Cathedral could certainly make it out of 5A, but Holy Family would have to run an awfully tough gauntlet to make it to state. Aside from HF, 6AA includes Benilde, Eden Prairie, Minnetonka, Wayzata...