SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

He's on the same team as Keaton Thompson, so he has another couple years of high school unless he accelerates.

Thompson is a late '95 who was a freshman at DLHS last season. Voltin is a high school junior this year who is projected to come to UND in 2013, with Thompson coming in 2014 unless, like you said he, he accelerates his education.

Voltin just tweeted he's not going to the WHL and looking to play in the USHL and come to UND following that stint.

I was just getting set to post the same thing about Voltin's tweet, but you beat me to it! Regardless, it's good news as the two Lukes headline what looks to be a very solid 2013 class.

Not to sure what Welch ended up doing. He got kicked out of the U for academics after his sophomore season and after that he went to Hastings Community College to try raise his grades and never came back. I never heard if he went to MJ or not.

Looks as though Welch has had a somewhat good hockey career: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=49

Via GF Herald article about new recruit Chris Wilkie

The 1996-born forward who currently plays for the Omaha Lancers U16 team is projected to come to Grand Forks in 2014.

ā€œI visited there over Thanksgiving,ā€ Wilkie said. ā€œAfter seeing everything thatā€™s there, I loved it right away. The coaches are great, the facilities are great. . . it was a pretty easy decision for me.ā€

Wilkie is a skilled forward who leads his team with 46 goals, 69 assists and 115 points in 45 games. He also had interest from Minnesota, Minnesota-Duluth, Michigan, Nebraska-Omaha and Penn State.

College hockey is better suited for my game so I can develop every year,ā€ Wilkie said. ā€œI think UND is one of the best, if not the best, college in the country to play hockey at.ā€

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/226964/group/Sports/

Via GF Herald article about new recruit Chris Wilkie

http://www.grandfork...4/group/Sports/

My favorite part of this article is when his dad, who is also his coach, says that he thinks college is better suited for his game as it will let him develop his strength. His dad played for 5 years in the WHL before the NHL. Chris is listed at 5'11 now. His dad is over 6'3. In 2.5 more years we could have a really good player on our hands, as well as a potentially high NHL draft pick.

Lets put it this way. He is a kid and kids screw up. So before we start acting all holier than thou we should just move on. He was kicked off the team and he paid a price enough said.

True, but there are some things that might make me refrain from using the term "first class" in my description of him. Saying that, I know Siouxnami said that kind of tongue in cheek.

Looks to me we may have a similar situation next year to what Blais has this year with three great goaltenders. That is if we keep Dell. I am starting to get pretty excited about next year already. I know we have a long way to go yet this year, just fun thinking ahead a bit.

Looks to me we may have a similar situation next year to what Blais has this year with three great goaltenders. That is if we keep Dell. I am starting to get pretty excited about next year already. I know we have a long way to go yet this year, just fun thinking ahead a bit.

Could have a mass exodus with Kristo, Knight, Nelson, and MacWilliam, or could have guys with the attitude that everything with injuries went bad this year so it would be nice to see how things would go with a full squad. Most likely one or two leave, but one can hope.

very high chance kristo is gone... i say a slim chance the other three leave early. who knows, maybe they all decide they have some redemption from this injury ravaged year and all come back... who thought at the end of the previous season that oshie, toews and chorney would all come back?

I agree I think if anyone goes it would be Kristo. I would love if he stayed but I would bet the big club will be pushing him to sign. In general I think at the end of this season we will see a lot of players leave the WCHA. You would think UND will probably have Kristo and perhaps a couple more. I am pretty sure UMN will have Fugstad and maybe Rau moving on. I can see the Swartz boys in CC leaving and it sounds like JT Brown from UMD is probably gone after this season as well. WCHA could lose some good players but this is how it goes and with those players leaving we will see who steps up to fill the void.

I agree I think if anyone goes it would be Kristo. I would love if he stayed but I would bet the big club will be pushing him to sign. In general I think at the end of this season we will see a lot of players leave the WCHA. You would think UND will probably have Kristo and perhaps a couple more. I am pretty sure UMN will have Fugstad and maybe Rau moving on. I can see the Swartz boys in CC leaving and it sounds like JT Brown from UMD is probably gone after this season as well. WCHA could lose some good players but this is how it goes and with those players leaving we will see who steps up to fill the void.

Bjugstad is gone for sure, he's NHL ready now. Rau will be at least a three year guy.