SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

1 hour ago, jk said:

I know no one is saying this, but, hmmm, bringing in the next Boeser and Blake would be ok. 

Expectations should be tempered, but yes. Perron himself had some growing pains in his freshman season. Hit a lot of pipes, but the college game is a different animal.

• Upvote 1

Article on Mac Swanson.  Can't wait to see what he can do at UND!

https://www.inforum.com/sports/fargo-force-star-mac-swanson-talks-breaking-records-impressing-und-fans-and-silencing-doubters?fbclid=IwAR1FvKcUqgkW80vczc0qT6BoKBiniS5E03yip-QUBvZhzmk_XGwJVGqipDc

"(The fans) say 'when are you going to UND? I can't wait to watch you play in Grand Forks.' It's really cool," Swanson said. "Around town you see North Dakota sweatshirts all the time and hats and stuff like that, so it's especially cool just to be so close to Grand Forks."

He says his size has been a topic of conversation, leading up to June's NHL draft, but teams are still interested.

"I've heard really good things, but we'll see what happens in the next couple months if talks pick up or not," Swanson said.

I wonder if a team will pick him in the later rounds of the draft.

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

Article on Mac Swanson.  Can't wait to see what he can do at UND!

https://www.inforum.com/sports/fargo-force-star-mac-swanson-talks-breaking-records-impressing-und-fans-and-silencing-doubters?fbclid=IwAR1FvKcUqgkW80vczc0qT6BoKBiniS5E03yip-QUBvZhzmk_XGwJVGqipDc

I wonder if a team will pick him in the later rounds of the draft.

Wasn’t much of an article, but he’s hyped. That’s good news.

UND has at least seven commits still playing in the the various USHL playoff series:

1. Mac Swanson (Fargo Force)
  2. Cooper Simpson (Tri-City)
  3. Sacha Boisvert (Muskegon)
  4. Cody Croal, and David Klee (Muskegon)
  5. David Klee (Muskegon)
  6. Jayden Jubenville (Dubuque)
  7. Andrew Strathmann (Youngstown)

5 hours ago, Kevin G said:

UND has at least seven commits still playing in the the various USHL playoff series:

1. Mac Swanson (Fargo Force)
  2. Cooper Simpson (Tri-City)
  3. Sacha Boisvert (Muskegon)
  4. Cody Croal, and David Klee (Muskegon)
  5. David Klee (Muskegon)
  6. Jayden Jubenville (Dubuque)
  7. Andrew Strathmann (Youngstown)

Going to watch Mac and the Force tonight.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not the first time I've seen him play this season this kid is something. Vision and passing skills are top notch. He's a legit top 6 and top PP unit guy as soon as he steps foot in the Ralph. 

Any thoughts on Cooper Simpson?

46 minutes ago, tnt said:

Any thoughts on Cooper Simpson?

Tri-City shelters him a little bit in my opinion. Plays on their second line right now, but I don’t think they gave him a single shift in the third period in tonight’s game. Didn’t think he did anything to warrant that. 

5 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Tri-City shelters him a little bit in my opinion. Plays on their second line right now, but I don’t think they gave him a single shift in the third period in tonight’s game. Didn’t think he did anything to warrant that. 

Agree. Was a non factor. His first couple shifts were decent but after that wasn't noticeable at all.

11 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Not the first time I've seen him play this season this kid is something. Vision and passing skills are top notch. He's a legit top 6 and top PP unit guy as soon as he steps foot in the Ralph. 

I was at the game also and I couldn’t agree more. I forgot all about Simpson so wasn’t paying much attention to him 

Nice to see him having a great postseason thus far.  Same with Swanson:

UND incoming freshman defenseman Jayden Jubenvill is off to the Clark Cup Finals with the Dubuque Fighting Saints.

Dubuque finished a sweep of Muskegon on Thursday night in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Jubenvill has been red hot for Dubuque, scoring three goals and five points in seven games. He's tied as the leading defenseman scorer in the Clark Cup Playoffs.

Dubuque is still waiting on its opponent. Sioux City leads Fargo 2-1 in a best-of-five series. Game 4 is scheduled for Friday night in Sioux City. If Fargo wins, a decisive Game 5 will be held Sunday in Fargo.

• Upvote 1