SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

Article on Boisvert:

https://eprinkside.com/2024/02/08/sacha-boisvert-is-an-ascendant-talent-for-the-2024-nhl-draft

Boisvert is going to a great program at North Dakota There is no doubt that they will round out his game, and he’ll have a chance to face top-notch competition. He will be going there as a true freshman, but he’s very mature, and this shouldn’t be a problem.

• Like 1

Comments:

• Boisvert is now 2nd in the USHL in goals scored, with 30.  He's behind only Kaden Shahan, who is listed as committed to UConn on EP, but no commitment listed on his USHL page.
  • Pilgrim is one of the 10 finalists for 2024 MN Mr Hockey award.

Updated stats thru 2/25:

USHL (Forwards)

• Croal (Muskegon) - '03: 42gp - 17g/25a
  • Panzer (Sioux Falls) - '04: 48gp - 14g/14a
  • Slipec (Chicago) - '05: 37gp - 1g/6a
  • Klee (Muskegon) - '05: 46gp - 12g/16a
  • Swanson (Fargo) - '06: 40gp - 19g/35a
  • Boisvert (Muskegon) - '06: 45gp - 30g/21a
  • O'Neill (NTDP U17) - '07: 41gp - 5g/7a

USHL (Defenseman)

• Jubenvill (Dubuque) - '03: 40gp - 7g/8a
  • Strathmann (Youngstown) - '05: 34gp - 6g/24a
  • Emery (NTDP U18) - '06: 42gp - 0g/10a
  • Laurila (NTDP U18) - '06: 42gp - 2g/5a
  • Lindberg (NTDP U17) - '07: 41gp - 1g/5a

USHL (Goalies)

• Heil (Sioux Falls) - '06: 19gp - .850/4.32 (6-10-1)

Other

• Pilgrim - MN HS - '06: 27gp - 29g/31a
  • Zellers - SSM - '06: 47gp - 48g/46a
  • Schultz - MN HS - '06: 27gp - 23g/33a
  • Littler - BCHL - '04: 24gp - 9g/12a
  • Simpson - MN HS - '07: 27gp - 29g/25a
  • McInnis (AJHL/BCHL) - '06: 15gp - 4g/8a
  • Upvote 1

This seems the appropriate thread, after the federal injunction yesterday its practically college program malpractice toward its athletes to not embrace every NIL collective conceivable. Embrace it or become a farm team in short order. This is largely a football issue, luckily our fanbase rules hockey so this should actually helps us

• 2 weeks later...

This may have been discussed already but I saw that Cade Littler is out for the rest of the regular season with an upper body injury. He has a chance to play in the playoffs for Penticton still but unsure. 

I wonder if he comes in next year? I believe he has another year of eligibility left. 

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, siouxczech29 said:

This may have been discussed already but I saw that Cade Littler is out for the rest of the regular season with an upper body injury. He has a chance to play in the playoffs for Penticton still but unsure. 

I wonder if he comes in next year? I believe he has another year of eligibility left. 

Thoughts?

He needs another year, and given his dad is a juniors coach, he won't have anyone in his ear giving bad advice.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

He needs another year, and given his dad is a juniors coach, he won't have anyone in his ear giving bad advice.

Begs the question then, who comes in next year? I think Klee might be ready. He’s a big kid and his USHL scoring has been decent. Just a thought. I always thought he would need another year but his numbers look good. Depends, I suppose, on what the coaching staff need as replacement. 

9 hours ago, siouxczech29 said:

Begs the question then, who comes in next year? I think Klee might be ready. He’s a big kid and his USHL scoring has been decent. Just a thought. I always thought he would need another year but his numbers look good. Depends, I suppose, on what the coaching staff need as replacement. 

Someone like Josh Zary who proved himself at a college level and wants to step it up through the portal. 

9 hours ago, siouxczech29 said:

I would think Littler would be ahead of Klee, unless of course his injury is an issue going forward.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tnt said:

I would think Littler would be ahead of Klee, unless of course his injury is an issue going forward.  

Completely agree. Stats aren’t everything but I don’t see how Klee is even close. His numbers are ok…if he was a dman.

2 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Do we have a general idea of who is coming in next year? Not trying to look too far ahead…

Right now we're looking to lose four forwards (Gaber, Johannes, Ness, and Albrecht), three dmen (Pyke, Britt, and Pehrson), and maybe one goalie (Persson could leave, but still has one year eligibility left) barring any early departures or portal losses.

From current recruits, we'd be looking at bringing in:

• Swanson, Boisvert, Croal and either Klee/Littler or a portal for forwards
  • Jubenvill, Strathmann, and Emery for dmen
  • If Persson leaves, I'm guessing we'd go portal to find a goalie to challenge Hobie for starts until Heil is ready to arrive on campus

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

Right now we're looking to lose four forwards (Gaber, Johannes, Ness, and Albrecht), three dmen (Pyke, Britt, and Pehrson), and maybe one goalie (Persson could leave, but still has one year eligibility left) barring any early departures or portal losses.

From current recruits, we'd be looking at bringing in:

• Swanson, Boisvert, Croal and either Klee/Littler or a portal for forwards
  • Jubenvill, Strathmann, and Emery for dmen
  • If Persson leaves, I'm guessing we'd go portal to find a goalie to challenge Hobie for starts until Heil is ready to arrive on campus

And don't forget about replacing Emerson as well so 5 forwards needed. My thought was 4 of our current recruits (Swanson, Boisvert and Croal for sure) and one of Littler and Panzer would be my guess but maybe Klee is in there as well and then hit the portal for one? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

The legend himself speaks well of UND recruits!

Schultz is gone. I would assume Simpson is too but I recently heard there was some sort of dust up with TC. I believe he’s back now so maybe they worked it all out.

On 3/13/2024 at 7:11 AM, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Zellers going to be a true freshman when he eventually arrives? 

Hopefully Hobie sticks around. Hellsten had a decent year with New Hampshire.

He’s a senior now and the plan is for him to play a full yr of juniors. So no, he won’t be a true frosh. He should go late second to somewhere in the 4th. Taking the slower route which is great tbh.

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Schultz is gone. I would assume Simpson is too but I recently heard there was some sort of dust up with TC. I believe he’s back now so maybe they worked it all out.

Listening to YHH podcast they had Schultz as a sure thing gone and Simpson pretty likely back as well as most if not all of the Shakopee kids.

3 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

What do you mean by he’s “gone?” Like he’s no longer a UND commit?