Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum
AZSIOUX

COMMITTED Sioux Recruits

Recommended Posts

The 2019 class is looking killer right now.

Absolutely huge get for Berry and Co with Rizzo, nice work!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Sodbuster said:

Okay......how big a get does everyone think this is?

He's a borderline 1st rounder. Likely 2nd. 

With that said, he's very, very good.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

Definitely a potential blue chip.

ONLY if he gets drafted in the first round?!!! Right?? If he goes 32nd overall just a "good" prospect? ;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sodbuster said:

Okay......how big a get does everyone think this is?

Jost level is where I'd put him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tnt said:

 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=170552

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=196971

For comparison sake, I believe the 2014-2015 season would be Jost’s 16 year old season.

Good comparison. Curious to see what line Jost played on that year. Rizzo was on the third line as a 16 year old this year. Makes sense why his production is a little less than 1 point-per-game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sodbuster said:

Okay......how big a get does everyone think this is?

It’s a very nice get.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tho0505 said:

Good comparison. Curious to see what line Jost played on that year. Rizzo was on the third line as a 16 year old this year. Makes sense why his production is a little less than 1 point-per-game. 

The team jost played on was juiced and was high scoring. The vees team this past year was balanced and played tough D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

The team jost played on was juiced and was high scoring. The vees team this past year was balanced and played tough D.

I wasn't referring to his 100+ point season; I was referring to the season prior when he would have been a similar age and used similarly.  That's what TNT was posting to compare apples to apples. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Massimo Rizzo..."I'm MafiaMan...and I approve of this recruit."  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Great news - nice job staff - watch and see how much he contributes to our program.  Hopefully another Boesser.  Let's keep our roll going.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys act all giddy like blue chippers are all that matter.  I say they need players who will play a full 60 minutes and use crisp short passes. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, burd said:

You guys act all giddy like blue chippers are all that matter.  I say they need players who will play a full 60 minutes and use crisp short passes. 

I don't think we disagree on what we want - just slightly on how to get there.  I think that we can agree that last year's team played the opposite of what you want.  Play for 60 minutes?  From what I saw, we set a modern day record at UND for leads given up, goals given up within a minute of scoring, and missed open nets.  As for short, crisp passes - chipping it off the glass doesn't count.  It sounds like almost everyone wants us to step up the recruiting from certainly the soon to be Junior class that gave us the lack of puck skills we saw up front last year.  Blue Chippers by definition should have skills coming in.  You don't have to look further back than the passing clinic goal against Miami to see short, crisp passes in action.  Touching the puck in that sequence were Boesser and Schmaltz, two Blue Chippers, and Caggula and Stecher who seem to be the kind of player you desire.  I submit that we need a mix of both and the great experiment of getting more grinders and fewer top talent because they might leave early has left us short.  We need both high enders and players who develop into high enders in College.  We need to recruit like we are the top program in the country (which we are).  I loved Rizzo's comments about our program.  Blue Chippers are certainly not all that matters, but they do matter a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Irish said:

I don't think we disagree on what we want - just slightly on how to get there.  I think that we can agree that last year's team played the opposite of what you want.  Play for 60 minutes?  From what I saw, we set a modern day record at UND for leads given up, goals given up within a minute of scoring, and missed open nets.  As for short, crisp passes - chipping it off the glass doesn't count.  It sounds like almost everyone wants us to step up the recruiting from certainly the soon to be Junior class that gave us the lack of puck skills we saw up front last year.  Blue Chippers by definition should have skills coming in.  You don't have to look further back than the passing clinic goal against Miami to see short, crisp passes in action.  Touching the puck in that sequence were Boesser and Schmaltz, two Blue Chippers, and Caggula and Stecher who seem to be the kind of player you desire.  I submit that we need a mix of both and the great experiment of getting more grinders and fewer top talent because they might leave early has left us short.  We need both high enders and players who develop into high enders in College.  We need to recruit like we are the top program in the country (which we are).  I loved Rizzo's comments about our program.  Blue Chippers are certainly not all that matters, but they do matter a lot.

I should have used a smiley. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, burd said:

You guys act all giddy like blue chippers are all that matter.  I say they need players who will play a full 60 minutes and use crisp short passes. 

I want the best players that want to come to UND.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely no offense intended but that’s what blue chips do. 

There’s a lot of guys who go all-out 60 minutes; if they don’t that’s on the coaches and staff. But you can’t coach speed, instinct, past training, or natural athleticism. 

Congrats to the staff on this one, keep em’ coming. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My fault, guys, for not using a smiley, but does anybody really think a person could make such a cliche and overbroad statement as I did above and be doing anything but making fun of us all.  60 full minutes and crisp passes???  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, burd said:

My fault, guys, for not using a smiley, but does anybody really think a person could make such a cliche and overbroad statement as I did above and be doing anything but making fun of us all.  60 full minutes and crisp passes???  

Yes. Weekly.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×