SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Field

AZSIOUX

It's really nice to see LaPoint getting positive press. He still makes me nervous in the corners and along the Defensive endboards, but he's starting to look more like the player who was contributing so much offense in Green Bay.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know how close we were to getting a number one seed?

Maine winning in overtime rather than losing to BC.

I'm sure there were other games along the line that mattered. During the season I heard that giving up our two goal lead against Miami and ending up a tie cost us as well.

We have to remember the PWR doesn't care when something happened. It's all the same.

Maine winning in overtime rather than losing to BC.

I'm sure there were other games along the line that mattered. During the season I heard that giving up our two goal lead against Miami and ending up a tie cost us as well.

We have to remember the PWR doesn't care when something happened. It's all the same.

Either way, we'd probably end up having to go through BC to get to the frozen four anyways. I think things worked out just fine. They have speed, im not worried with our toughness. The last 5 weeks or so I am amazed how tough and aggressive the Sioux have been, and its translating to goals and big hits.

does each regiona have 2 sets of officials? also is a wcha ref allowed to ref a wcha game or do they always go with neutral conference refs for all ncaa games? thanks

or do they mix match conference refs to make the pairings?

does each regiona have 2 sets of officials? also is a wcha ref allowed to ref a wcha game or do they always go with neutral conference refs for all ncaa games? thanks

or do they mix match conference refs to make the pairings?

I believe they pick the best refs from each conference (paired together as a crew) and place them all over but they aren't allowed to do their conferences games. Therefore, for the UND-Yale game we could get refs from CCHA, Hockey East, CHA or AHA. They might just send out CHA and AHA refs since they would be able to do any of the games in this region since there is one team from each of the other conferences but I don't know how much they use refs from these two conferences in the NCAA tourney.

lmao :D, Wow. No way will they get those kind of plays against the Sioux. I thought maybe Yale was a fast team but looking at those highlights. Nothing special.

People forget that UND is the thired ranked team defensively in the nation. Yale plays in a weak conference. Yes I know that Cornell is a good defensive team but they should have been swept by the Sioux, the Sioux were all over them the whole weekend. Yale is down a top player to injury. They lost to a very weak Brown team in the ECAC playoffs. The ECAC is the weakest of the big four leagues. Losing to Yale is unacceptable in my opinion. I always laugh when I hear that some player from the AHA is leading the NCAA in scoring, he wouldn't be if he was playing in the WCHA.

They like the elaborate celebrations, don't they.

No doubt. You would think that being as "smart" as they are, they would realize how ridiculous they look.

In both of Little's goals (tying and GWG), he slides on the ice so many times he appears to be trying to help the zamboni driver out. They're acting like they just won the national title instead of a late Feb game against Clarkson. :D

Hopefully Eidsness and the d-corps can limit those celebrations as much as possible on Saturday. :D

3 seconds in and i cant stand yale, go sioux!!

without their star player or not the sioux will stop yales season! go sioux

I see your point.

Got to take 'em seriously tho...let Holy Cross be our lesson there. Prepare for battle, know thy enemy. BC fans will be there cheering on Yale, you can bet your life on that.

But I'm sure the Sioux coaches and players are not looking past this game at all.

Bring 'em on!

GO SIOUX!!!