SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Field

AZSIOUX

Anyone hearing any rumblings about a suspension coming down from the league office? I just had someone comment that they are hearing something along those lines. I don't recall any Sioux incident at all, except for maybe the hit on Lasch but that wasn't even a penalty at the time.

Didn't Blood get a boarding penalty on Saturday that may have looked like a CFB? I don't recall if the SCSU player turned into the boards just prior to the hit, thus the boarding call; but from where I was sitting I seem to remember anticipating a CFB at the time.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Blood get a boarding penalty on Saturday that may have looked like a CFB? I don't recall if the SCSU player turned into the boards just prior to the hit, thus the boarding call; but from where I was sitting I seem to remember anticipating a CFB at the time.

What I am hearing is coming from the SCSU camp and deals with the Malone hit on Lasch. You are right about the Blood penalty. I had forgot about that, but in my mind that was more a cross-checking type hit than a CFB.

What I am hearing is coming from the SCSU camp and deals with the Malone hit on Lasch. You are right about the Blood penalty. I had forgot about that, but in my mind that was more a cross-checking type hit than a CFB.

If there was going to be a suspension, wouldn't they have done it before now? It's 2 days before the game!

If there was going to be a suspension, wouldn't they have done it before now? It's 2 days before the game!

Exactly we found out much earlier on Frattin.

Malone's hit was dead solid clean. Even Doug Woog agreed.

The Clownies have got to the stupidest bunch of people that follow college hockey ever.

Two years ago when Chay was out for several weeks after being check from behind by that Duluth player, he came back for the Frozen Four.

He wasn't ready for the game at that level after a month off.

I hope he comes back next year.

Chay actually came back way before the Frozen Four that year. We played St Cloud the final weekend and I believe he sat out that series and was back for the first round playoffs against Tech. He played in the Final Five and Regionals and was named to the all-tourney team at regionals. I don't think you can say he wasn't ready to play. He probably was still feeling some affects, but he was ready to play... just didn't have a good game at the Frozen Four. It happens.

Chay actually came back way before the Frozen Four that year. We played St Cloud the final weekend and I believe he sat out that series and was back for the first round playoffs against Tech. He played in the Final Five and Regionals and was named to the all-tourney team at regionals. I don't think you can say he wasn't ready to play. He probably was still feeling some affects, but he was ready to play... just didn't have a good game at the Frozen Four. It happens.

You mean my memory isn't perfect?

I went back to the box scores on College Hockey Stats: You were right of course. Chay was back for the first round of the WCHA playoffs at home, but seems to have missed the St Cloud game the week before.

Sorry for the faulty memory.

I doubt it the hit that Whistler posted on the blog was legal and clean. Brad Malone says "Hi to Ryan Lasch"

Two years ago when Chay was out for several weeks after being check from behind by that Duluth player, he came back for the Frozen Four.

He wasn't ready for the game at that level after a month off.

I hope he comes back next year.

I believe when Chay came back he was wearing a cast on one hand which is what caused any problems he had. I don't think the problems he had were because of the time off. This year being off 4-5 months may be a reason for concern if he does come back.