SiouxSports.com Forum

Gwoz's antics were the Sioux's fault

dagies

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the wonderful oppurtunity to have a photo-interview opportunity with Dave Hakstol today....here's how it went.

Big A: Coach, the Gwozdecky incident has been a controversy since it happened on Saturday night. What are your thoughts on it?

Hak:

Hakstolbird.jpg

The interview immiediately ended.

I had the wonderful oppurtunity to have a photo-interview opportunity with Dave Hakstol today....here's how it went.

Big A: Coach, the Gwozdecky incident has been a controversy since it happened on Saturday night. What are your thoughts on it?

Hak:

Hakstolbird.jpg

The interview immiediately ended.

That's obviously an altered photo or video frame. Hakstol would never do that. Plus, if he really did do that I'd think that we'd have heard about it by now from other fanbases, hockey writers, blogs, etc. :D

Just because the Pios have 10 fans that cheer only when they score a goal, that know nothing about the game and for some reason think its figure skating. They are all just like Gwoz. We are so sorry that you didnt feel welcome at a rivals home game, next time we will hand out teddy bears again to make you feel more at home! :D

My favorite quote from that article:

Said senior captain J.P. Testwuide: "We dealt with a lot of challenges that will help us down the stretch. The crowd and the testiness of those games was a good experience, and absolutely, we feel great about how we came out of it."

You feel great about taking one point from a team behind you in the standings?

Good message coming from your team captain. :D

My favorite quote from that article:

You feel great about taking one point from a team behind you in the standings?

Good message coming from your team captain. :D

Then following it up by losing to a door mat team like UAA.

I can remember us Fighting Sioux Fans getting under the skin of Herb Brooks when he came up here with his goofer teams in the late 70's.

It was great then and it is great now to see the crowd into it once again.

The opposing press used to say that not only was it difficult to play against the Fighting Sioux team themselves; but they also had to contend with the 6,000 rabid fans in the old Ralph. Now we can have +11,600 rabid fans at each game.

By the way "fans" is short for "fanactics".

Let's keep it up and Let's Go SIOUX!!!!

Just because the Pios have 10 fans that cheer only when they score a goal, that know nothing about the game and for some reason think its figure skating. They are all just like Gwoz. We are so sorry that you didnt feel welcome at a rivals home game, next time we will hand out teddy bears again to make you feel more at home! :D

Hey...don't sell their fans short; there are actually 11 of them.

"DU Hockey - We talk the talk but we're actually pussies."

Hey...don't sell their fans short; there are actually 11 of them.

"DU Hockey - We talk the talk but we're actually pussies."

:D:D thats classic....... sioux motto

if you start it , WE WILL FINISH IT, biztachesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• 5 months later...

Compare and Contrast:

Denver's Gwozdecky goes nuts, gets ejected, the walks on the surface and delays the game, and then goes to the press box to stay in contact (by wire) with his team during the game after ejection: One game, by the team.

Baltimore's Dave Trembley gets ejected, leaves, and then tells Luke Scott "get me a couple" runs: Two games, and fined, by the league.

It just confirms what I knew already about WCHA 'leadership'.

Compare and Contrast:

Denver's Gwozdecky goes nuts, gets ejected, the walks on the surface and delays the game, and then goes to the press box to stay in contact (by wire) with his team during the game after ejection: One game, by the team.

Baltimore's Dave Trembley gets ejected, leaves, and then tells Luke Scott "get me a couple" runs: Two games, and fined, by the league.

It just confirms what I knew already about WCHA 'leadership'.

And the key point you mentioned is "by the team." Did it matter though that it was only one game? They won the game without him the next weekend by four goals, then lost the game in Gwoz's return in OT....to UAA nonetheless. Heck, maybe he shouldn't have been suspended at all and the WCHA knew more than we did.

This may have already been posted, but I didn't see it....Uncouth college coach deserved harsher punishment

I know that is an old post but that was the first time I had read that article. This part really stood out.

The WCHA still has the edge on the AHL in one department, though. It has decided this season that raising its playing standards was important and to that end has begun employing two referees in each game. The result, though just our observation, is that one of the last bastions of hooking and interference (college hockey) has come up to speed with the NHL and other top development leagues and that most of the garbage behind the play has been eliminated.

I know that is an old post but that was the first time I had read that article. This part really stood out.

That assumes an awful lot.

Truth be told, yes, that's true... assuming both officials are:

A. Competent

B. Working together

All too often we faced one or even both officials having questionable competence and many more times where officials didn't work together.

It's almost like the comedic schtick that has both guys pointing at each other saying "I thought you were going to call it." "No, I thought you were." Or "You didn't call it so I didn't call it."

Yes, a 2 official system does decrease obstruction. But again, it also assumes that the head office wants a consistent crack down on that. The WCHA is notorious for simply stopping the consistent calling of whatever crackdown they say they are going to crack down on approximately half way through the season and claiming that the drop off is due to the league simply being so good they don't commit those penalties anymore.

Sicatoka -- This thread is worn out. Expecting accountability out of the WCHA front office is like expecting George W. Bush to win a Nobel Prize in Astrophysics. It's just not going to happen... at least not with this leadership.