SiouxSports.com Forum

Gwoz's antics were the Sioux's fault

dagies

He violated the rules by communicating with his team - they should have to forfeit.

I never gave that idea much credence until now. Like Siouxman, I cannot accept that any coach would really think they could communicate with the team once they've been tossed. They don't let players play when they've been tossed, it's just a guess but I wouldn't think they'd let coaches coach.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Sioux fans made fun of a coach that had completely lost his cool. Good thing that all of the other teams fans are always gentlemen (and ladies.).

Not picking on the Gofers here. All teams have stupid fans.

If I remember right these skippys got their season tickets pulled after this incident.

The guy is so stinking drunk he can't clearly say the f' bomb.

if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. on a personal note I have absolutely loved the atmosphere at the ralph the past few weekends. it has truly felt like a home ice advantage. now if only we can get all the teams to feel this way.

The atmosphere has been AWESOME. The new ralph is quickly becoming a dominant home ice advantage, something we have been waiting for since its opening. This poor lady should cover womens basketball or volleyball!

Huh. This must be some really great satirical commentary on something but I don't know what. Who's supposed to be Col. Jessup in this scenario?

pretty funny i thought. i'm guessing the dasher monkey is jessup... "you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall". haha. the cheap $h!t and spearing must be the code red. i wish they could have worked in the monkeys journey back and forth across the ice, it gets funnier every time i watch it :silly:

I think we need to cut Gwoz some slack here. It is clearly obvious when you watch the video that he was choking on something as he placed his hands around his throat twice (I believe in frames 223-225 you can clearly see Hextall's stick contacting Gwoz's throat causing his head to snap back and to the left :silly: ). The lack of oxygen to his brain from this made him unable to find his way to the dressing room and hence he crossed the ice looking for some help. If he can't even find the dressing room without assistance how can we expect him to remember the NCAA rules ? This is NOT George's fault, it has to be the fault of UND !

I think we need to cut Gwoz some slack here. It is clearly obvious when you watch the video that he was choking on something as he placed his hands around his throat twice (I believe in frames 223-225 you can clearly see Hextall's stick contacting Gwoz's throat causing his head to snap back and to the left :silly: ). The lack of oxygen to his brain from this made him unable to find his way to the dressing room and hence he crossed the ice looking for some help. If he can't even find the dressing room without assistance how can we expect him to remember the NCAA rules ? This is NOT George's fault, it has to be the fault of UND !

I agree with most of your argument but he should be used to low oxygen levels levels considering he deals with the altitude in Denver everyday. Overall still UND's fault though.

Wow!! I dare her to wear a Sioux jersey into Wisc or SCSU. Been there done that. If you don't

have thick skin you will never make it past where they take or scan your ticket.

was that person a man or woman who did the intermission for fox rocky? just wondering, yeah have i been out all night celebrating my 28th? sure i have but if they cut her above chest you wouldnt t know the diference, time for bed..............just saying :silly: ill leave it at that

GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

was that person a man or woman who did the intermission for fox rocky? just wondering, yeah have i been out all night celebrating my 28th? sure i have but if they cut her above chest you wouldnt t know the diference, time for bed..............just saying :D ill leave it at that

GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

God you're old :silly: Rizz is the RM FSN's version of Gorg on FSN. Easy on the eyes if you get my drift.

I can hardly wait until next year's games:

To see Gwoz "dasher dance" on the big screen, and maybe to that ABBA song (now in 'Mama Mia')-

"Dancing Queen" playing along with it.

To the Big Screen Gods: Please make my dream come true.

He is such a pompous hippocrit, it would be good for him to be humbled a bit.

To see Gwoz "dasher dance" on the big screen, and maybe to that ABBA song (now in 'Mama Mia')-

It is hard to be humbled when you are narcissist...

Great idea! Mind if I roll with it?

Wow!! I dare her to wear a Sioux jersey into Wisc or SCSU. Been there done that. If you don't

have thick skin you will never make it past where they take or scan your ticket.

Ya, Mankato is rough too, I wore my Sioux Jersey down there this year When VandeVelde scored on a shorty with 7 seconds left Saturday night earlier in the season I was Popping my Jersey (like a gopher homer) and Smacking on the Glass pretty hard...I think I dropped a few "F" bomb's too (Copyright Gopher Fan)

Needless to say a few students followed me to give me there take...

I ran away quicker than Tony Lucia challenged to a fight at the Ralph...

still a joke gwoz only gets a game because he was caught cheating communicating to the du bench and still nothing for the other crap. embarassing for the ncaa and du really. oh well.........hope they tank it from here out on the ice starting vs the all mighty UAA :silly:

So he cheated VS. UND, but UAA will get the benefit of Gwoz being gone for one game? I dont see how this is fair. Should DU get a point for Saturdays game if they cheated?

This is the WCHA and it's referee leadership; common sense doesn't apply.

The atmosphere has been AWESOME. The new ralph is quickly becoming a dominant home ice advantage, something we have been waiting for since its opening. This poor lady should cover womens basketball or volleyball!

I agree that the atmosphere has been great, but I've seen it time and time again. When we don't have a big rival in town and we're not scoring more than a couple goals, the place is asleep.

Even the Saturday DU game was fairly quiet during most of the game, minus the times when Gwoz freaked out.

still a joke gwoz only gets a game because he was caught cheating communicating to the du bench and still nothing for the other crap. embarassing for the ncaa and du really. oh well.........hope they tank it from here out on the ice starting vs the all mighty UAA :silly:

I wonder what would have happened if this was the NHL and Gwoz would have performed his antics like he did on Saturday night?