SiouxSports.com Forum

Gwoz's antics were the Sioux's fault

dagies

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To quote John McEnroe, "You cannot be serious!!"

In looking to pin the blame on the Sioux and Anderson, the writer overlooks the other, more active constant in his pattern: Gwozdecky himself. Nobody "made" him act the way he acted on these occasions. He's a grown man who ought to take responsibility for his own behavior. Still waiting for the heartfelt apology.

gwoz is something else and these people defending him is even better :D he may have stuck up for his team and made the penalties go their way but he made himself look like a idiot the way he did it. his little smuck grin and little man syndrom is funny as well. not sure if i like him or eaves better :lol: just funny how the inner demons of the ralph caused all of that to happen. must be ghosts in there :silly: hope to meet up with these guys again in the final 5 and show gwoz whats up again like we did taking 3 of 4 points. every message baord i read after friday everyone was saying how denver was hacking and slashing all night as they got frusterated they were getting their azzes anded to them so badly in every way possible. maybe uaa will bully them around as well ;)

gwoz is something else and these people defending him is even better :D he may have stuck up for his team and made the penalties go their way but he made himself look like a idiot the way he did it. his little smuck grin and little man syndrom is funny as well. not sure if i like him or eaves better :lol: just funny how the inner demons of the ralph caused all of that to happen. must be ghosts in there :silly: hope to meet up with these guys again in the final 5 and show gwoz whats up again like we did taking 3 of 4 points. every message baord i read after friday everyone was saying how denver was hacking and slashing all night as they got frusterated they were getting their azzes anded to them so badly in every way possible. maybe uaa will bully them around as well ;)

Denver might be scary to play against come final five time comes around especially if tyler bozak is back.

Denver might be scary to play against come final five time comes around especially if tyler bozak is back.

i agree, with bozak they could make some noise, he is by far their best player. but i think they will live or die by chevrie. if we meet them in the postseason, it will be one hell of a game!! on a side note, if the dasher dancer decides to check the ice during the game again... they are undefeated when he isn't behind the bench :silly:

yes they will and i cant wait, get that bye and go through thema nd hopefully untc for the title , have to beat the best to be the best but maybe by that time we will have the 1 seed as if we do tie with them we have the tiebreaker for the seeding!

first things first

SWEEP SCSU

sorry if this has been posted, per brad

Gwozdecky won't be suspended

Denver coach George Gwozdecky will not be suspended.

The league just issued a statement saying that it was satisfied with the public statement Denver issued earlier in the day, reprimanding the coach for his behavior.

Denver's statement read:

The University of Denver does not condone the actions of head hockey coach George Gwozdecky at the 9:30 mark of the second period during the Pioneers' 2-2 overtime tie against North Dakota on Saturday, Jan. 24 at Ralph Engelstad Arena.

Gwozdecky received a two-minute unsportsmanlike misconduct and 10-minute game misconduct penalty because of his actions.

"We have discussed the incident with George, and he understands that his behavior was unacceptable," DU senior associate director of athletes Ron Grahame said. "George's actions were very much out of character. We respect the integrity of not only the University of Denver, but the Western Collegiate Hockey Association as well."

The WCHA's statement said:

The Western Collegiate Hockey Association today endorsed the serious tone taken by the University of Denver and acknowledgement of an issue of unsportsmanlike conduct involving head coach George Gwozdecky in a game on Jan. 24 against the University of North Dakota.

"The Association is pleased the University of Denver echoes the WCHA's concerns regarding unsportsmanlike conduct," said Bruce M. McLeod, WCHA commissioner. "We appreciate the rapid response the University took in addressing the issue that occurred on January 24 and now consider this matter closed."

so cool, then im totally cool with any coach that goes on the ice now since it wont result in a delay of game or suspension. sweet. hope hak or lucia do this coming this weekend. will make for some entertainment :D or should i say minor league entertainment as chambers refers to :silly:

what bothers me on this is when hak flipped don adam the middle fingar salute UND came down on hak with the 2 games therefor the wcha didnt need to step in and he issued a public apology so it was taken cae of in house. so maybe UND next time anything even remotely close to this happens which im guessing it wont but in case should just say alright, even though we want to do the right thing and suspend someone i think we will pass since the dasher monkey can jump the boards and go loafer skate around the ice for a few minutes and on top not even getting a delay of game penalty.

what bothers me on this is when hak flipped don adam the middle fingar salute UND came down on hak with the 2 games therefor the wcha didnt need to step in and he issued a public apology so it was taken cae of in house. so maybe UND next time anything even remotely close to this happens which im guessing it wont but in case should just say alright, even though we want to do the right thing and suspend someone i think we will pass since the dasher monkey can jump the boards and go loafer skate around the ice for a few minutes and on top not even getting a delay of game penalty.

AGREE he should have gotten a Delay penalty but you nailed it in 2 WORDS why I now love the Gwoz....LOAFER SKATE

YES! He already did the dasher dance...now he to top himself...AND HE DID! Climbing over the boards and doing a FACE to the official...priceless! The fact he did it...with a good stride...in shoes that had NO TRACTION and managaged NOT TO FALL ON HIS OWN ASS? AND make his way BACK to the bench without getting bombed by plastic beer bottles says 2 things to me....

#1 - Sioux fans are becoming more "civilized" :silly: (Just saw Gran Torino so I'm not embarrassed to say..."YOU PUSSIES!!!")

#2 - He has an amazing sense of balance - maybe he should have been a ballet dancer. This is why we should all salute the coach of the Pioneers!!! He didn't shuffle or slide (despite his smooth shoes!) He WALKED LIKE A MAN and that's why I respect the GWOZ! Stupid lithuanian? SURE!! Coordinated and dignified? I also have to say yes....GWOZ rocks and screw you DU dicks who think he embarassed you! He's a stand-up guy - that's something you WANT in a coach!

AGREE he should have gotten a Delay penalty but you nailed it in 2 WORDS why I now love the Gwoz....LOAFER SKATE

YES! He already did the dasher dance...now he to top himself...AND HE DID! Climbing over the boards and doing a FACE to the official...priceless! The fact he did it...with a good stride...in shoes that had NO TRACTION and managaged NOT TO FALL ON HIS OWN ASS? AND make his way BACK to the bench without getting bombed by plastic beer bottles says 2 things to me....

#1 - Sioux fans are becoming more "civilized" :silly: (Just saw Gran Torino so I'm not embarrassed to say..."YOU PUSSIES!!!")

#2 - He has an amazing sense of balance - maybe he should have been a ballet dancer. This is why we should all salute the coach of the Pioneers!!! He didn't shuffle or slide (despite his smooth shoes!) He WALKED LIKE A MAN and that's why I respect the GWOZ! Stupid lithuanian? SURE!! Coordinated and dignified? I also have to say yes....GWOZ rocks and screw you DU dicks who think he embarassed you! He's a stand-up guy - that's something you WANT in a coach!

:D i cant believe he wasnt smoked by a few beer or coke bottles. if that happened i wouldnt have cared one bit. his antics were classic but to not get suspended is a joke. i bet he has special shoes made for traction :lol: next time i hope he slips off that dasher and lands on the ice but then again i bet his soles are made especially for dasher board grip ;) dagwoz knows what hes doing. just wish he would have tossed 20 sticks on the ice or something to cap it off.

ps to sioux fans - next time DU is in town just save a few chuck a pucks just in case our little friend decides to take a stroll mid ice again :D

UND's fault, huh? OK.

Let's look at a few items:

What would most people say heated up this rivalry in recent years ? IMO, it was the hit by Paukovitch on Bina in the WCHA tourny back in 2005. A blatant, flagrant cheap shot. When Gwoz recruited Paukovitch there was no possible way he could have known the type of character he had...nothing in his background that would raise any red flags, right ? While Robbie Bina had to spend over a year out of hockey, Gwoz's response was to suspend him for one game. Sounds like a fair punishment :silly:

Two years ago in Denver, Prpich "nuts" Paukovitch during a faceoff, Gwoz goes crazy, jumps on the dasher and gets kicked out of the game. Should Prpich have done that ? No, but it is hard for me to feel sorry for Paukovitch, what goes around...bit of a payback. Gwoz still needs to control his own actions.

Last year at the Ralph. Fight breaks out at the end of the period. Why ? Major cause was Denvers constant "dumping" of the bench onto the ice at the end of every period in direct violation of the NCAA rules. A few UND players heading toward their own bench passed thru this "dump" and guess what happens. Bumping and pushing escalates while Denver has a 20-5 man advantage. Radke hears the roar and comes back out to help his teammates. Who's at fault here ? I would blame this on Gwoz for allowing his team to dump on the ice after the period and on the officials for allowing it. Notice this past w/e at the end of every period at least one official would race toward the Denver bench to keep them from doing this. My take is that it is not the officials job to prevent a team from committing a penalty. They should have stayed away, then called a minor penalty on Denver if they came off the bench onto the ice...that would quickly fix the problem.

This year in Fridays game, Denver got away with a lot of "stick work" throughout the game. In the third period Testwuide blatently spears Vandevelde along the boards then gives him two hard cross-checks. Scrum breaks out. Looks like UND started another fight :D . Denver's team is getting spanked on the ice and can't handle it so they resort to cheap stuff. Again, who's fault is that...Gwoz, maybe ? His captain is the one doing a large part of the cheap shots. Lead by example.

Saturday night, Gwoz thinks Vandevelde should have been called for a penalty so he goes nuts again. If all coaches went nuts on a missed call or whenever they think the officials have a bad night then games would run 5 hours long. It appears to me that Gwoz can't control himself or his team. The DU admin response is "this was wrong, coach realizes this". Dang that is a harsh response. Not a peep from Gwoz himself. I doubt he is sorry for his actions.

The Denver backers of Saint George are delusional if they think it is UND's fault. Mike Chambers might want to look at things objectively (nah, that would ruin a good story) instead of kissing up to Gwoz.

Notice how there aren't any comments on that article? Not one. Nobody bothered lifting a finger on their keyboard in support or in opposition to that article.

Why would that be?

It's because in Denver, nobody in the media gives a crap about DU hockey. That story is so buried in the Denver Post it's pathetic. They pay more attention to CU Buffs buckets. CSU Rams buckets too. Denver University buckets even seems to get more press. They all suck. Even the women's teams. Horrible. Of course, they have the Avalanche and the Nuggets, but in college spectator sports, there's nothing even close to success as DU hockey on the front range. (spectator sports, not counting skiing, which DU And CU kick butt year in and year out.)

Their hockey team, which is honestly pretty darned good, gets little press. More people attend those games than any of the above college programs mentioned. Yet, they draw under half of what UND draws in REA.

Maybe his little hissy fit has more to do with what he sees at REA and in Grand Forks than it does with watching his team miss out on a penalty chance. Maybe he gets sick to his stomach every time looks over the REA and says to himself, "WTH?, we have a nice arena, but this is a frickin' palace! God, things look bleak if they get our recruits in this joint!!"

Maybe his hissy fit has more to do with getting attention than anything else. Just like a little child. He kind of looks like a spoiled little brat, doesn't he? He should have gotten at least a one game suspension from DU.

oh WHO CARES!! the man WALKED both (short) lengths of a rink in LOAFERS...let me define those for you knuckle dragging idiots! They're smooth bottomed SHOES - we call them "FANCY SHOES" up here - usually you only wear them to weddings, funerals or for BOWLING...

You don't wear them to a hockey game but he did because he has too....and didn't falter once walking the ice! YOU TRY IT !@#!$!!

We can only conclude...

the GWOZ ROCKS!! :silly:

I wonder how many people take him serious. Nobody that watched the game Friday would miss the fact that Denver was a cheap team that night.

Chambers wasn't even in town this weekend, so the only way he could see the action was on tv like the rest of us. But he certainly knows more than the rest of us.

UND's fault, huh? OK.

Let's look at a few items:

What would most people say heated up this rivalry in recent years ? IMO, it was the hit by Paukovitch on Bina in the WCHA tourny back in 2005. A blatant, flagrant cheap shot. When Gwoz recruited Paukovitch there was no possible way he could have known the type of character he had...nothing in his background that would raise any red flags, right ? While Robbie Bina had to spend over a year out of hockey, Gwoz's response was to suspend him for one game. Sounds like a fair punishment :silly:

Two years ago in Denver, Prpich "nuts" Paukovitch during a faceoff, Gwoz goes crazy, jumps on the dasher and gets kicked out of the game. Should Prpich have done that ? No, but it is hard for me to feel sorry for Paukovitch, what goes around...bit of a payback. Gwoz still needs to control his own actions.

Last year at the Ralph. Fight breaks out at the end of the period. Why ? Major cause was Denvers constant "dumping" of the bench onto the ice at the end of every period in direct violation of the NCAA rules. A few UND players heading toward their own bench passed thru this "dump" and guess what happens. Bumping and pushing escalates while Denver has a 20-5 man advantage. Radke hears the roar and comes back out to help his teammates. Who's at fault here ? I would blame this on Gwoz for allowing his team to dump on the ice after the period and on the officials for allowing it. Notice this past w/e at the end of every period at least one official would race toward the Denver bench to keep them from doing this. My take is that it is not the officials job to prevent a team from committing a penalty. They should have stayed away, then called a minor penalty on Denver if they came off the bench onto the ice...that would quickly fix the problem.

This year in Fridays game, Denver got away with a lot of "stick work" throughout the game. In the third period Testwuide blatently spears Vandevelde along the boards then gives him two hard cross-checks. Scrum breaks out. Looks like UND started another fight :D . Denver's team is getting spanked on the ice and can't handle it so they resort to cheap stuff. Again, who's fault is that...Gwoz, maybe ? His captain is the one doing a large part of the cheap shots. Lead by example.

Saturday night, Gwoz thinks Vandevelde should have been called for a penalty so he goes nuts again. If all coaches went nuts on a missed call or whenever they think the officials have a bad night then games would run 5 hours long. It appears to me that Gwoz can't control himself or his team. The DU admin response is "this was wrong, coach realizes this". Dang that is a harsh response. Not a peep from Gwoz himself. I doubt he is sorry for his actions.

The Denver backers of Saint George are delusional if they think it is UND's fault. Mike Chambers might want to look at things objectively (nah, that would ruin a good story) instead of kissing up to Gwoz.

Great synopsis of the events, thanks for doing it.