SiouxSports.com Forum

Gwoz's antics were the Sioux's fault

dagies

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...Suspension.html

According to the USCHO article he has apologized for not knowing the rules. Seems to me someone who doesn't know the rules should not be whining and complaining to the refs all weekend long; or maybe that does explain his whining.

And yes, I wonder if the NCAA is considering whether the game should be forfeit. Most likely a very long shot, but otherwise what is the penalty for violating the rules?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he claims he didn't fully understand the rule of being ejected. whatever, and I've got some beachfront property in phoenix I can sell you as well.

Way to step up, George! Sounds like he apologizes only for not knowing the ins and outs of the rules that apply when a coach is ejected from game at midway point. Next thing you know, he'll be sorry for not knowing what the meaning of "is" is.

The nature of the infraction is important because I thought I read that the WCHA doesn't have a clear rule that covers communication with the bench after the coach is ejected. So, can the WCHA plead that its own lack of clarity excuses George's violation of the NCAA rule and that if any discipline is to be meted out it's the NCAA and not the conference that is responsible for imposing the discipline? Pass the buck much?

I think everyone should send an email to the WCHA and let them know what you think of Gwoz's actions, and what you think of the WCHA having no backbone, and letting him off with these antics.

Someone posted Shepherd email address over on Lets Go DU blog and got a reply back.

Apparenlty it sounded like the head of officials is a worse speller than me :silly:

According to the USCHO article he has apologized for not knowing the rules. Seems to me someone who doesn't know the rules should not be whining and complaining to the refs all weekend long; or maybe that does explain his whining.

And yes, I wonder if the NCAA is considering whether the game should be forfeit. Most likely a very long shot, but otherwise what is the penalty for violating the rules?

I was always under the impression that he is one the WCHA rules committee.

After thinking about this a little, Gwoz is pure BS. There is no way any coach who has been ejected from a game can think that it is ok to communicate and coach with the team. Either he is truly an idiot, or he chose to violate the rule. I am inclined to think #2, and for that the consequences should be severe. After all, the guy is an author on hockey!

Oh, wouldn't that just be too, too poetic? Unfortunately, I cannot see that happening for the reasons I posted when Sic suggested a forfeit was within the realm of possibility for the delay of game George's stroll caused.

After thinking about this a little, Gwoz is pure BS. There is no way any coach who has been ejected from a game can think that it is ok to communicate and coach with the team. Either he is truly an idiot, or he chose to violate the rule. I am inclined to think #2, and for that the consequences should be severe. After all, the guy is an author on hockey!

He communicated on an headset because he figured he knew it was against the rules to communicate with the team. He figured he'd get away with that.

The WCHA yesterday announced that the matter was closed. I assume they are in a rush to close it again.

He communicated on an headset because he figured he knew it was against the rules to communicate with the team. He figured he'd get away with that.

The WCHA yesterday announced that the matter was closed. I assume they are in a rush to close it again.

You sig line is appropriate: Speed Kills - The WCHA would like to quickly kill this one. This issue though is a little more serious than walking out on the ice. That is subjective. Intentionally disobeying the rules is something else.

in society, ignorance of the law does not excuse anyone from breaking said law. shouldn't the same logic be applied here? mccleod and shep have no sense whatsoever how to run this league, so i would guess nothing will be done. gwoz deserves a couple of games minimum. a forfeit will not happen, and i wouldn't want a cheap point that way anyway. as big of a moron gwoz was saturday, his team earned that point. it will be interesting if the wcha responds to this at all.

in society, ignorance of the law does not excuse anyone from breaking said law. shouldn't the same logic be applied here? mccleod and shep have no sense whatsoever how to run this league, so i would guess nothing will be done. gwoz deserves a couple of games minimum. a forfeit will not happen, and i wouldn't want a cheap point that way anyway. as big of a moron gwoz was saturday, his team earned that point. it will be interesting if the wcha responds to this at all.

they will and once again they will say how they are extremely pleased with how du has handled this situation with such severity(sp). then this will be a closed book issue. My question is will the ncaa step in and say something.

Apparently the FSN lady wasn't impressed with the UND fans.

"Maybe" she's a little sensitive? I'm sorry the reporter was mistreated or intimidated by Sioux fans. But I don't think she should feel singled out. Any college hockey fan who's ever traveled to an away game can top these stories, easy. People behaving badly, it's everywhere. Yes, even in angelic Mad-town.

And what the hell is does this mean: the DU players responded like champs? To what, exactly? Five consecutive DU power plays? Oh, the adversity!! And, if a hostile crowd is such a disadvantage to opposing players why do they all say they feed off the opposing crowd's negativity?

they will and once again they will say how they are extremely pleased with how du has handled this situation with such severity(sp). then this will be a closed book issue. My question is will the ncaa step in and say something.

god I hate it when I'm right sometimes. the WCHA has said they are in full agreement with the 1 game suspension.

wow, did someone get her a tissue? poor reporter lady, she didn't feel all warm and fuzzy :silly: get a different job... massage therapy is all warm and nice :D what exactly did she expect, cookies and hot cocoa with us between periods? that being said, i have interacted with many fans of opposing teams, and the ones who are not obnoxious drunks (gopher fans, cough, cough) are great to talk with and have good natured fun during a hockey game with.

if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen. on a personal note I have absolutely loved the atmosphere at the ralph the past few weekends. it has truly felt like a home ice advantage. now if only we can get all the teams to feel this way.

I told someone that the past two home series the Ralph was getting to be a hostile place for the oppostion to play in and it is fun as hell to be there and watch it. Hey another series and other fan base mad at the Sioux and their fans. All the hate keeps us warm up here.

This happened to me on Roman Augustovitz' Gopher blog on the Star Trib website after the series where I challenged some of the assertions in his blog post, and the charges levied by the email he posted from a reader. Actually, he just never approved the post for some reason.

Another reason to appreciate the coverage and effort we get from Brad Schlossman. I've never seen anyone complain about comments on his blog.

If you read those comments on most stories you would see they are not filtered. Must have been an issue with the submission. If you need an ego trip or another reason to worry about the future of our country, read the comment sections.