SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

1 hour ago, SiouxSherm94 said:

Need to consider the fact that he was also being approached/pressured by the Blackhawks to leave early, meaning he was at their prospect and development camps training during the summer when he wasn't here in Grand Forks. Even then, unless we're talking a Tate Maris, Matt Hrynkiw or Nick Mattson type, our guys aren't going to overload themselves during the summer. Three classes max over the three summer sessions seems reasonable but above and beyond that...whooooa buddy.

are you kidding me with this response? every player that is drafted and every player that has a shot (who wasn't drafted) at the NHL goes to those things every year, they mean nothing.

If he takes 15 credits a semester (which is not unreasonable for a SA) thats 30 credits a year and in 3 years he has 90. now if he averages 3 classes a summer thats 9 credits or possible 12, depending on how you look at it. its not unreasonable to think he graduated in 3 years.

• Upvote 1

On 12/1/2016 at 10:56 AM, siouxkid12 said:

Why? The NHL is going away from the big enforcer type D-man. The new NHL wants puck moving/shooting and strong skating D-men. The days of the big physical d-man are over.

Watching him win battles against much bigger individuals is what I was referring to.  Guys that have 40 pounds on him, and three or four inches. 

On 12/1/2016 at 10:56 AM, siouxkid12 said:

Why? The NHL is going away from the big enforcer type D-man. The new NHL wants puck moving/shooting and strong skating D-men. The days of the big physical d-man are over.

It's moving that way, but it's not over.  And big men (who can skate) are always valued, including at D.  Reach means a lot.   Stecher is on the small side of D men in the NHL

Let's see ... the 2016-2017 UND in the NHL "shinny team" (must have appeared in 1 NHL game this season):

Toews Oshie Stafford
Parise Zajac Nelson
VandeVelde Grimaldi Schmaltz
Caggiula 

Greene Forbort
Simpson Chorney
Stetcher 

Dell
McIntyre

Feel free to update as needed. 

18 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Let's see ... the 2016-2017 UND in the NHL "shinny team" (must have appeared in 1 NHL game this season):

Toews Oshie Stafford
Parise Zajac Nelson
Caggiula 

Greene Forbort
Simpson Chorney
Stetcher 

Dell
McIntyre

Has Simpson skated in a NHL game yet? I know he was recalled, but I think he's been a healthy scratch. (Not to get to technical but they're your rules!) :) 

6 minutes ago, JTSchro said:

Has Simpson skated in a NHL game yet? I know he was recalled, but I think he's been a healthy scratch. (Not to get to technical but they're your rules!) :) 

The Schloss says he's a go for tonight so I'm giving benefit of doubt; but, yes, definitely, keep me and all of us honest on the rules. :)

Dillon Simpson to make NHL debut tonight vs. Dave Hakstol's Philadelphia Flyers http://bit.ly/2ha8qW6

56 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Toews Oshie Stafford
Parise Zajac Nelson
Caggiula 

Greene Forbort
Simpson Chorney
Stetcher 

Dell
McIntyre

Vande can pop back to D...Until Ladue or Jordan Schmaltz gets a call up....

1 hour ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Who else could make a debut this year?

J. Schmaltz ...........yes

Ladue............yes

Kristo.........

Luke Johnson......

Mark MacMillan.......

Keaton Thompson....

Boeser....I heard a rumor somewhere

Anyone know what Porter's status is? I couldn't find him on any rosters. Could he be picked up or is he done now?

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Toews Oshie Stafford
Parise Zajac Nelson
Caggiula 

Greene Forbort
Simpson Chorney
Stetcher 

Dell
McIntyre

If these are your lines, I think I'd move Caggiula and Stetcher up.  I believe Caggiula is skating on the top line with Connor McDavid now. 

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Toews Oshie Stafford
Parise Zajac Nelson
Caggiula 

Greene Forbort
Simpson Chorney
Stetcher 

Dell
McIntyre

Shuffle the lines a bit and we could have 2 Captains on the ice at all times.