SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

You know what I completely forgot for the last 2 weeks that I have been back on here? I frorgot to mention that at the end of the AHL regular season last year I went to a Texas Stars vs. Houston Aeros game in Austin and was lucky enough to see Tony Hrkac play. I cant remember any details, and I do have pictures, but of course I have no way of putting them up here from my personal computer, since we cant connect our personal computers to the network. But, I thought it was awesome to see him play. I didnt even realize before I got to the game that he was playing. So that was a welcome surprise.

You know what I completely forgot for the last 2 weeks that I have been back on here? I frorgot to mention that at the end of the AHL regular season last year I went to a Texas Stars vs. Houston Aeros game in Austin and was lucky enough to see Tony Hrkac play. I cant remember any details, and I do have pictures, but of course I have no way of putting them up here from my personal computer, since we cant connect our personal computers to the network. But, I thought it was awesome to see him play. I didnt even realize before I got to the game that he was playing. So that was a welcome surprise.

Yeah. The last 2 years he has signed on at the end of the year for the playoff push for Houston.

Last year in the Calder Cup playoffs, I got to check out Rylan Kaip with the Chicago Wolves (against the Milwaukee Admirals). I got to sit right by the Chicago bench that also featured Peter Mannino (who got pulled in the 1st period) and Chris Chelios (the traitor). It was pretty entertaining. The AHL is a good league with a nice, but small, die-hard fan base.

I would LOVE to see Tony Hrkac play, but I want to get down to Concordia College where he coaches to see a game of theirs (which is about 45 minutes away from me).

Osh and the Blues beat Toews and the Hawks tonight in St Louis. Osh had 2 SOG and 2 assists for the Blues, while Toews had 3 SOG and 1 assist for the Hawks. Osh was +1 on the night, and Toews was a -2.

Hale and Lee with the Sens beat out Stafford and the Sabres in Buffalo. Neither of the 3 had any points or penalties in the game, although Hale did have a SOG and Stafford had 4 SOG. Lee was a -1 on the night, Hale was a 0, and Stafford came out of the night as a 0 also.

Last year in the Calder Cup playoffs, I got to check out Rylan Kaip with the Chicago Wolves (against the Milwaukee Admirals). I got to sit right by the Chicago bench that also featured Peter Mannino (who got pulled in the 1st period) and Chris Chelios (the traitor). It was pretty entertaining. The AHL is a good league with a nice, but small, die-hard fan base.

I would LOVE to see Tony Hrkac play, but I want to get down to Concordia College where he coaches to see a game of theirs (which is about 45 minutes away from me).

Where is Concordia located? Surely it is not the one in Moorehead MN. Went to UND when tony was playing, met himat the Antique bar and called him herzac, (I was inebriated) after that he would laught at the sight of me. Not the ideal UND memory but a memory none the less.

:silly:

Where is Concordia located? Surely it is not the one in Moorehead MN. Went to UND when tony was playing, met himat the Antique bar and called him herzac, (I was inebriated) after that he would laught at the sight of me. Not the ideal UND memory but a memory none the less.

:silly:

Concordia, WI. He drinks paint thinner now. ;)

And don't feel bad, I accidentally called Matt Jones "Zach"...they look an awful lot alike though.

Toews with a goal and an assist tonight so far in a 2-2 game still going on. Stafford also tallied a goal in a win and Parise also got New Jersey's only goal in a loss (to Stafford). Oshie assisted on a game-winning OT goal.

Good night for former Sioux, not so good for current Sioux.

Concordia, WI. He drinks paint thinner now. ;)

And don't feel bad, I accidentally called Matt Jones "Zach"...they look an awful lot alike though.

mmmm paint thinner, like nyquil with snap.

seen David Hale in an AHL game last week, got a penalty for checking from behind. really nailed a guy right in the numbers.. up with the big team now,

Nashville Predators defenseman Cody Franson and St. Louis Blues forward T.J. Oshie will be among the guests on NHL Live! on Tuesday, scheduled from noon-2 p.m. on NHL Network and NHL.com and broadcast on XM Radio.

Franson's play has helped the Preds get off to a tremendous 5-0-3 start. He scored during Nashville's 4-3 win at Tampa Bay on Sunday night.

Oshie, 23, has 8 points (1 goal, 7 assists) in the Blues' first seven games. St. Louis is also off to a solid start at 4-1-2.

Also slated to appear with hosts Don La Greca and E.J. Hradek are USA Today's Kevin Allen and Versus analyst Brian Engblom.

NHL Live! is broadcast from the NHL Store Powered By Reebok in Manhattan.

i did a update on former players. i am missing some teams for a few and maybe have a few wrong. if anyone in the know with some of these players could take a quick look and post which ones need to be changed or dropped please let me know. thanks!

if any of the coaches are wrong that would be great as well.

my former player page

i did a update on former players. i am missing some teams for a few and maybe have a few wrong. if anyone in the know with some of these players could take a quick look and post which ones need to be changed or dropped please let me know. thanks!

my former player page

IIRC here are a few things I noticed:

I believe Karl Goehring is working with UND as a Volunteer Assistant now?

Also, Steve Johnson is the Assistant Coach at SCSU.

Good grief.. Prpich is slowly touring Europe and Asia. I think next he should try the KHL, then the Czech Leagues, DEL, Danish Leagues and then end his career touring Scandinavia... Start in Finland, then Sweden then finally Norway. :D

my former player page

Kyle Radke is playing hockey in south Texas.

my former player page

Rick Wilson is now an assistant with the Wild. http://wild.nhl.com/...ge.htm?id=63924

Steve Johnson is now at St. Cloud State.

Former Sioux Jason Herter is Fargo Force head coach.