SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

19 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

If thats the case I will be making the trip up for UNI and NDSU that year!

Edit: It appears that we do not play UNI in 20 or 21. That's odd.

Yup, not sure how the rotation works.  We miss out on Indiana State and UNI the first two years?  Seems a bit of an odd rotation.

The MVFC has been on two year rotations for odd team scheduling since USD was added.  I imagine ISU Sycamores and UNI will be added in 2022.

Still a nice schedule in 2021 with USD and SDSU road games.  Should be able to see the team play 6 conference games that year.

17 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Alrighty.  Circle your calendars.  Oct 2nd, 2021.  Bison return to the Alerus Center for the first time in 18 years!!!  Might be Homecoming as well.  One of the most anticipated football games at the Alerus in years!!

Yup! Part of the reason I bought season tickets this year is so I have my spot saved for games like this. I have always gone to a game or two at the Al each year but tickets have been easy to come by in the past. I'm hoping schedules like this combined with a winning team will make this a hot ticket.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Alrighty.  Circle your calendars.  Oct 2nd, 2021.  Bison return to the Alerus Center for the first time in 18 years!!!  Might be Homecoming as well.  One of the most anticipated football games at the Alerus in years!!

Fargo Forum Headline:

Bison dodges Grand Forks by moving to the Sun Belt. :wink:

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

Would be interesting if the price of season tickets goes up that year.  The demand for tickets for that one game will be insane.

I was recently wondering about that because of that one game demand. Would they do a special one game pre sale for champions club members like they did for the Vegas game?

1 minute ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Season tickets gonna get a pretty good bump I predict after fans see these future schedules.  Having the Dakota schools back on the scheduleis refreshing to see!!

No doubt!  While there were some good things about being in the Big Sky, playing all of the Dakota schools every year and other teams in the region is going to be nice.  Between what hopefully should be a better more exciting offense, an improved team, and schedules like this.....our attendance should definitely be increasing from what it was.   Still gotta get those wins though to continually get butts in the seats! 

2 minutes ago, Dagger said:

so what is the determination  Are SDSU, USD, NDSU and UNI going to be on our schedule every year in the future?  I thought that is what I had heard originally?  I think those schools presently play each other every year.

Let's hope so, because even if we just go toe-to-toe with UNI.....that will likely get us in the playoffs by itself!  :D

5 minutes ago, Dagger said:

so what is the determination  Are SDSU, USD, NDSU and UNI going to be on our schedule every year in the future?  I thought that is what I had heard originally?  I think those schools presently play each other every year.

The Dakota schools will all play each other every year.  That is a gaurantee.  they have said that.  Helps with travel costs.  The other schools will rotate (including UNI as seen in the schedule).  

5 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

No doubt!  While there were some good things about being in the Big Sky, playing all of the Dakota schools every year and other teams in the region is going to be nice.  Between what hopefully should be a better more exciting offense, an improved team, and schedules like this.....our attendance should definitely be increasing from what it was.   Still gotta get those wins though to continually get butts in the seats! 

The upcoming schedules are also great with most of the non conf games being against big sky teams.  Fans will actually know who they are!  Don't forget we have a home and home lined up with Montana down the road as well.  Attendance is going to be great starting int 2020.  

24 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

The upcoming schedules are also great with most of the non conf games being against big sky teams.  Fans will actually know who they are!  Don't forget we have a home and home lined up with Montana down the road as well.  Attendance is going to be great starting int 2020.  

vs Montana in 2024

@ Montana in 2025

40 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

This is me being selfish here but I would love to see a home and home with Northern Colorado!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, UNDColorado said:

This is me being selfish here but I would love to see a home and home with Northern Colorado!

I'd take that.  UNC was the only football away game that I've been to and it was great.  Amazing weather, cheap and easy to get to, and we could stay in Denver.  Probably an easier trip than the drive up to Grand Forks, actually.  Plus I hear there is this guy that hosts an awesome tailgate... gotta go back for that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

I'm in Grand Junction, so UNC, SUU, and Weber will be roughly equidistant. Agree with the statements above to the effect that UNC/Nottingham is a fun game day experience. I enjoy traveling to the away games more than going to home games.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, TBR said:

I'm in Grand Junction, so UNC, SUU, and Weber will be roughly equidistant. Agree with the statements above to the effect that UNC/Nottingham is a fun game day experience. I enjoy traveling to the away games more than going to home games.

I hear ya, going to away games is a fun experience. I also enjoy going up to Grand Forks for games since airfare from Denver is really cheap. 

Here is the schedule thru 2026.  Games against the the Dakota schools for 2023-2026 are not official, but the MVFC has protected those opponents so I just continued the home and away pattern for games against NDSU, USD, and SDSU to show where we play them those years.

2019   2020   2021   2022
vs Drake   vs Valparaiso   @Idaho St   @ Nebraska
@NDSU   @ Kansas St.   @ Utah St   OPEN
vs San Houston St.   @Youngstown St.   OPEN   @ Northern Arizona
@Eastern Washington   vs South Dakota St.   vs North Dakota St.   @ Southern Illinois
vs UC Davis   vs Missouri St.   @ South Dakota   vs Missouri St
@Idaho St.   @Western Illinois   @ Southern Illinois   @ Youngstown St
@Cal Poly   @ Portland St.   vs Western Illinois   vs Northern Iowa
vs Montana St   vs South Dakota   @ Missouri St.   vs South Dakota St
@Weber St.   @ Illinois St.   vs Youngstown St.   @ Indiana St.
vs N. Colorado   @North Dakota St.   vs Illinois St.   vs South Dakota
vs Southern Utah   vs Southern Illinois   @ South Dakota St.   @ North Dakota St

2023   2024   2025   2026
vs Northern Arizona   @ Iowa St   @ Missouri   @ Nebraska
@ Washington   vs Montana   vs Portland St.   @ North Dakota St
vs North Dakota St.   vs Idaho St   @ Montana   vs South Dakota St
@ South Dakota St.   @ North Dakota St.   vs North Dakota St.   vs South Dakota
@ South Dakota   vs South Dakota St.   @ South Dakota St.    
    vs South Dakota   @ South Dakota    
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Here is the schedule thru 2026.  Games against the the Dakota schools for 2023-2026 are not official, but the MVFC has protected those opponents so I just continued the home and away pattern for games against NDSU, USD, and SDSU to show where we play them those years.

2019   2020   2021   2022
vs Drake   vs Valparaiso   @Idaho St   @ Nebraska
@NDSU   @ Kansas St.   @ Utah St   OPEN
vs San Houston St.   @Youngstown St.   OPEN   @ Northern Arizona
@Eastern Washington   vs South Dakota St.   vs North Dakota St.   @ Southern Illinois
vs UC Davis   vs Missouri St.   @ South Dakota   vs Missouri St
@Idaho St.   @Western Illinois   @ Southern Illinois   @ Youngstown St
@Cal Poly   @ Portland St.   vs Western Illinois   vs Northern Iowa
vs Montana St   vs South Dakota   @ Missouri St.   vs South Dakota St
@Weber St.   @ Illinois St.   vs Youngstown St.   @ Indiana St.
vs N. Colorado   @North Dakota St.   vs Illinois St.   vs South Dakota
vs Southern Utah   vs Southern Illinois   @ South Dakota St.   @ North Dakota St

2023   2024   2025   2026
vs Northern Arizona   @ Iowa St   @ Missouri   @ Nebraska
@ Washington   vs Montana   vs Portland St.   @ North Dakota St
vs North Dakota St.   vs Idaho St   @ Montana   vs South Dakota St
@ South Dakota St.   @ North Dakota St.   vs North Dakota St.   vs South Dakota
@ South Dakota   vs South Dakota St.   @ South Dakota St.    
    vs South Dakota   @ South Dakota    

I think the ACC will be the only P5 conference we will not face since Missouri covers the SEC.

15 hours ago, TBR said:

When it doesn't smell like dogshit.  Is that plant still open?