SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Just noticed the October 29, 2022 home game against Dixie State is no longer on the schedule (Dixie State is now playing @ Tarleton that day). This is a some what recent development as I looked not too long ago and it was on there. Seems like potentially a pretty big issue. Currently only 10 games on the schedule, no home non-conference games. The mid-season non-conference game probably throws a bigger wrench into it as well. 

That's definitely a change within the last couple weeks. But depending on how they handle it, it could be a positive. If they can find a game on 10/15 instead, they aren't dealing with thousands of people in Vegas for the Hall of Fame game. 

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

That's definitely a change within the last couple weeks. But depending on how they handle it, it could be a positive. If they can find a game on 10/15 instead, they aren't dealing with thousands of people in Vegas for the Hall of Fame game. 

That is a good point. At least you do have two dates to work with, but this could really change the complexion of next years schedule. How many FCS schools would really fall into the "buy game" category that Dixie State was in? Could we see another FBS game, where the Hawks collect a paycheck? A home and home where UND gets the front end. 

3 hours ago, AJS said:

Just noticed the October 29, 2022 home game against Dixie State is no longer on the schedule (Dixie State is now playing @ Tarleton that day). This is a some what recent development as I looked not too long ago and it was on there. Seems like potentially a pretty big issue. Currently only 10 games on the schedule, no home non-conference games. The mid-season non-conference game probably throws a bigger wrench into it as well. 

2024 game @ Dixie also cancelled.  Looking like they backed out if they already have a replacement game.  

1 hour ago, AJS said:

That is a good point. At least you do have two dates to work with, but this could really change the complexion of next years schedule. How many FCS schools would really fall into the "buy game" category that Dixie State was in? Could we see another FBS game, where the Hawks collect a paycheck? A home and home where UND gets the front end. 

It was scheduled as a home/home.
Dixie State still shows UND traveling down there 11/9/24 while UND shows that date as open, though I would assume its off since it was home/home.
2024 is also a 12 game year, which I hope UND takes full advantage of.
But overall, not sure what is going on with that.

Preference would obviously be to find either a "buy" game or front end of a home/home on 10/15.
Alternative would be to collect a paycheck to go somewhere on 10/15 or 10/29 but 4 home games next year isn't ideal either. Though as I mentioned, a not insignificant portion of the fan base would have missed the 10/29 game as scheduled (or if a new one was scheduled in its place).

1 minute ago, jdub27 said:

It was scheduled as a home/home.
They still show UND traveling down there 11/9/24 while UND shows that date as open.
Not sure what is going on with that.
Preference would obviously be to find either a "buy" game or front end of a home/home on 10/15.
Alternative would be to collect a paycheck to go somewhere on 10/15 or 10/29 but 4 home games next year isn't ideal either. Though as I mentioned, a not insignificant portion of the fan base would have missed the 10/29 game as scheduled (or if a new one was scheduled in its place).

https://fightinghawks.com/sports/football/schedule/2024

11/9 game shows open now.

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

How the hell are they going to find a team next year with an open date on October 17th or October 29th?!!!  Right in the middle of everyone else's conference schedule!

Start here: https://fbschedules.com/future-college-football-schedules/ 

With all the conference motion, there'll surely be some wonky schedules out there.

6 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

How the hell are they going to find a team next year with an open date on October 17th or October 29th?!!!  Right in the middle of everyone else's conference schedule!

I'm with you, this seems really problematic. 

Is there a maximum number of games you can play? Using the link above is @The Sicatoka post, just a quick look at FBS Independent schools, New Mexico State has both Oct. 8th and Oct. 15th open. They do currently have 11 games, but 1st game is Saturday Aug. 27th.

Seems like the best option, try to get whatever $ you can to go down there and play.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

As long as it isn't SD Mines.

Hey, hey Mines grad here....  Mines had recently transitioned from NAIA to DII.  The program is still improving and growing -  7-4 right now in the RMAC this year.  Now, if you wanted to see bad you should have seen the Rockers during late 80's and early 90's - very BAD to really just plain sad.  I think they might have won 3 or 4 games in a 4 year period.

• 4 months later...