SiouxSports.com Forum

Early departures 2017

cberkas

50 minutes ago, cberkas said:

He may have got lucky and called it but one of those guys cousin said he didn't sign. Unless it's coming for guys like McKenzie I'd put very little into Bucci's inside information. 

Friedman still didn't say it was official, I'd take Friedmans word over Bucci's.

Friedman gave bucci credit.  Bucci also called Iacopelli as well, which just went down.  Bucci's actually pretty locked in.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Friedman gave bucci credit.  Bucci also called Iacopelli as well, which just went down.  Bucci's actually pretty locked in.

Yeah, I'm not sure how anyone can really knock this guy's credentials. Like ESPN or Bucci or not, he's at the pinnacle of sports broadcast. My guess is his sources are pretty darn good. 

So it sounds as though poolman had surgery and is out 4-6 months.  The more I think about it, why wouldn't he come back and play next year?  After next season he'd be 24 (considered a 25 yr old for NHL free agent rules) and bypass his entry level altogether.  I guess the risk would be if he further injured himself.  His other two options would be to sign now with Winnipeg (ELC) or go free agency and sign on 8/15 (ELC).  Interesting options.

bob McKenzie was talking about Poolmans options.

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

So it sounds as though poolman had surgery and is out 4-6 months.  The more I think about it, why wouldn't he come back and play next year?  After next season he'd be 24 (considered a 25 yr old for NHL free agent rules) and bypass his entry level altogether.  I guess the risk would be if he further injured himself.  His other two options would be to sign now with Winnipeg (ELC) or go free agency and sign on 8/15 (ELC).  Interesting options.

bob McKenzie was talking about Poolmans options.

4-6 months???  Man, he must've mangled it.  I'd hate for him to go to NHL camp right out of a rehab stint, and thats what we're talking with that timeline.  Given the free agency rules it certainly makes staying seem like the better option all things considered...

• Upvote 1

So does Winnipeg make a hard push then for Tucker knowing he could become a free agent next year (ala Vesey) and take a chance on a guy with a torn up shoulder?  Or do they say play a your senior year and have the contract waiting outside of the locker room at the XCEL energy center after the championship game of the NCAA frozen four?  

How long are an individuals rights owned by a team again?  I guess that will be a big factor.  

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Or do they say play a your senior year and have the contract waiting outside of the locker room at the XCEL energy center after the championship game of the NCAA frozen four? 

I'd hope they'd give him the night to celebrate the victory and contact him later on the following day.  :)

20 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So does Winnipeg make a hard push then for Tucker knowing he could become a free agent next year (ala Vesey) and take a chance on a guy with a torn up shoulder?  Or do they say play a your senior year and have the contract waiting outside of the locker room at the XCEL energy center after the championship game of the NCAA frozen four?  

How long are an individuals rights owned by a team again?  I guess that will be a big factor.  

Poolman can become a free agent this august and sign an entry level deal with any team that offers.  Or he could come back to UND, hopefully have a huge year and sign a normal deal with any offering team August of 2018.  Yeah,  I'm sure Winnipeg is going full court press right now.

10 hours ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

Good for Boeser. However, I'm already all in on my boy Kawaguchi. Kawasaki and Mismatch are gonna be a force to be reckoned with. 

For real tho, Kawaguchi has an all star name...I'm sold. Minneapolis 2018 here we come, with the Guch and Gersich leading the way!

Can't wait to hear old people try and pronounce those two names. 

• Upvote 1

Watching Jost when he was healthy I thought he looked ready. Like everybody I hoped he would come back for one more year but he gets to play in the NHL right away and with the situation he is in I think it is pretty likely he will stick there and never have to play AHL.