SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND FCS Thread

geaux_sioux

3 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Iowa St yes. They're trash. NDSU beat Iowa last season so it's not totally inconceivable. 

Not a chance in my book.  Iowa and Iowa State must have been carried away when they offered him or there are off-field issues and he is no longer a take.  Happens alot.

20 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

You really think a kid chose NDSU over Iowa or Iowa State and committed in June before his senior year?

Even some over on BV are asking what the deal was. Grades? Issues? Obviously they are happy about the commitment, and I would be too. We'll see what happens.

45 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

You really think a kid chose NDSU over Iowa or Iowa State and committed in June before his senior year?

39 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Iowa St yes. They're trash. NDSU beat Iowa last season so it's not totally inconceivable. 

There is no way Iowa had an offer to a kid and he picked NDSU over Iowa.  Sorry.  Iowa is not losing recruits to NDSU.  Not happening.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

There is no way Iowa had an offer to a kid and he picked NDSU over Iowa.  Sorry.  Iowa is not losing recruits to NDSU.  Not happening.

Unless the kid was a farmer and was impressed by the road sign just west of the Fargodome coming in from off the interstate. 

2232-2.jpg

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Careful now. There are Bison fans who really believe they are a Big 12 caliber program and are capable of beating out established FBS schools for recruits. You might burst their bubble! :p

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Careful now. There are Bison fans who really believe they are a Big 12 caliber program and are capable of beating out established FBS schools for recruits. You might burst their bubble! :p

I also agree it is unlikely that a kid would choose NDSU over Iowa, but Easton Stick chose NDSU over Rutgers so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.(conceding that Iowa and Rutgers aren't the same thing)

1 hour ago, Bison06 said:

I also agree it is unlikely that a kid would choose NDSU over Iowa, but Easton Stick chose NDSU over Rutgers so it's not completely out of the realm of possibility.(conceding that Iowa and Rutgers aren't the same thing)

A big, key difference: Easton Stick is from Omaha. Rutgers is in New Jersey and garbage. If Stick had turned down the in-state P5 school (Nebraska), I'd consider it a lot more comparable.

Regardless, appears to be a talented kid. Obviously no one here knows why Iowa and ISU apparently cooled on him, but whatever it might have been looks like it could be NDSU's gain.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

A big, key difference: Easton Stick is from Omaha. Rutgers is in New Jersey and garbage. If Stick had turned down the in-state P5 school (Nebraska), I'd consider it a lot more comparable.

Regardless, appears to be a talented kid. Obviously no one here knows why Iowa and ISU apparently cooled on him, but whatever it might have been looks like it could be NDSU's gain.

Or they know something NDSU doesn't.  And if that's the case, it might be NDSU's loss!!

(Of course this is purely based on non biased opinion and not that I want NDSU football to fail all the time at everything).

• 4 weeks later...

North Dakota State Picked to Win Seventh Straight Valley Football Title

http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/sports/North-Dakota-State-Picked-to-Win-Seventh-Straight-Valley-Football-Title-436514743.html

NDSU narrowly edges out SDSU as favorite to win the MVFC.

2017 Missouri Valley Football Conference Preseason Poll
Team (First-Place Votes) Points

1. North Dakota State (21) 380
2. South Dakota State (19) 379
3. Youngstown State 290
4. Northern Iowa 255
5. Illinois State 246
6. Western Illinois 188
7. South Dakota 182
8. Southern Illinois 132
9. Missouri State 81
10. Indiana State 67

9 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

North Dakota State Picked to Win Seventh Straight Valley Football Title

http://www.valleynewslive.com/content/sports/North-Dakota-State-Picked-to-Win-Seventh-Straight-Valley-Football-Title-436514743.html

NDSU narrowly edges out SDSU as favorite to win the MVFC.

2017 Missouri Valley Football Conference Preseason Poll
Team (First-Place Votes) Points

1. North Dakota State (21) 380
2. South Dakota State (19) 379
3. Youngstown State 290
4. Northern Iowa 255
5. Illinois State 246
6. Western Illinois 188
7. South Dakota 182
8. Southern Illinois 132
9. Missouri State 81
10. Indiana State 67

Early polls give too much credit on years past achievements. SDSU has a good team and just as good a chance.

11 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Early polls give too much credit on years past achievements. SDSU has a good team and just as good a chance.

USD to low.  I have them pegged at 4th 

sdsu

ndsu

ill st

usd 

Youngstown 

n Iowa 

w Ill 

misery 

ind st. 

• 2 weeks later...