SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Gophers the 2014 Championship Edition

Vegas_Sioux

Nice to see a self proclaimed southern EX gopher fan on here. Welcome to the good side..

No. I'm still a committed fan of my alma mater. I'll break down my universal internet name for you:

South: South

Tex: Texas

Gopher: Gopher

I'm a Minnesota alum who lives in San Antonio...the largest city in South Texas.

All that said, congrats again on a great season.

Nice to see a self proclaimed southern EX gopher fan on here. Welcome to the good side..

It's been a while since I've been here too but thought I'd stop in to point out I don't think there is such a thing as an EX gopher fan. And we'll always have room on our bandwagon for the title game. :D

So is UND using a different charter company than in the past? I know in 2005 I ended up taking the gopher charter out of Minneapolis and UND was using the same company.

Seems to be quite the price difference this year.

UND is charging around $1800 for double occupancy which includes 3 nights hotel, air, ground transport and tix while Minnesota is charging $850 for 2 nights hotel, air, and ground transport but no tix.

So is UND using a different charter company than in the past? I know in 2005 I ended up taking the gopher charter out of Minneapolis and UND was using the same company.

Seems to be quite the price difference this year.

UND is charging around $1800 for double occupancy which includes 3 nights hotel, air, ground transport and tix while Minnesota is charging $850 for 2 nights hotel, air, and ground transport but no tix.

1 night hotel = $150

2 ticket packages at $200 each = $400

Flight from GF instead of Minneapolis = $200 per passenger? (flying commercial this would be typical, but I'd think a chartered flight would have less of a mark-up)

1 night hotel = $150

2 ticket packages at $200 each = $400

Flight from GF instead of Minneapolis = $200 per passenger? (flying commercial this would be typical, but I'd think a chartered flight would have less of a mark-up)

I get that the hotel is $150...divided by 2 so $75

tickets are $200/each person

That leaves $675 difference from flying out of Minneapolis.

Creative charters is who UND and Minnesota used in 2005 and is who Minnesota is using this year. Not sure who UND is using? It may be them as well but the price difference is quite a bit?

I get that the hotel is $150...divided by 2 so $75

tickets are $200/each person

That leaves $675 difference from flying out of Minneapolis.

Creative charters is who UND and Minnesota used in 2005 and is who Minnesota is using this year. Not sure who UND is using? It may be them as well but the price difference is quite a bit?

It's $1,800 per person? That is steep.

Phili hotel for only $150? From what I remember there, that's either a great deal, or a dump in the wrong part of town. Then again, it's been a while, and I wasn't near the arean...

I was just throwing out a number.....

Phili hotel for only $150? From what I remember there, that's either a great deal, or a dump in the wrong part of town. Then again, it's been a while, and I wasn't near the arean...

They have buses for ground transport so they usually book hotels outside of the city. On Expedia, hotels near the arena are around $300 a night while your Hampton Inn's, etc. a little ways out are around $150

No. I'm still a committed fan of my alma mater. I'll break down my universal internet name for you:

I'm a Minnesota alum who lives in San Antonio...the largest city in South Texas.

Everything's bigger in Texas including douche bags

Just kidding. So you're in southern Texas?

Our hotel is 3/4 mile from the arena and we are way under $150/night. Must be in a sketchy area. Oh well. We don't plan to be there that much.

Love this match up.

1979 - Gophers in the Final.

2005 - Sioux in Semis.

2007 - Sioux in Regional Final.

2012 - Gophers in Regional Final.

Lot's of other recent fun playoff matchups.

1990 Gophers in St. Paul.

1995 Gophers in St. Paul.

1997 Sioux in St. Paul Armbrust.

1999 Sioux in Minneapolis.

2002 Gophers - Ballard Jersey pull.

2004 Gophers - Grant P. in WCHA Final.

2007 Gophers - Wheeler in WCHA Final.

2010 Sioux in three games in Grand Forks.

2012 Sioux big comeback to win WCHA.

After seeing your regional games, the Gophers need to get a two goal lead and make your guys play from behind. Not interested in a close late finish because that didn't go so well for UW and Ferris.

Love this match up.

1979 - Gophers in the Final.

2005 - Sioux in Semis.

2007 - Sioux in Regional Final.

2012 - Gophers in Regional Final.

Lot's of other recent fun playoff matchups.

1990 Gophers in St. Paul.

1995 Gophers in St. Paul.

1997 Sioux in St. Paul Armbrust.

1999 Sioux in Minneapolis.

2002 Gophers - Ballard Jersey pull.

2004 Gophers - Grant P. in WCHA Final.

2007 Gophers - Wheeler in WCHA Final.

2010 Sioux in three games in Grand Forks.

2012 Sioux big comeback to win WCHA.

After seeing your regional games, the Gophers need to get a two goal lead and make your guys play from behind. Not interested in a close late finish because that didn't go so well for UW and Ferris.

You forgot 2005 WCHA Tournament and NCAA Tournament loses to the Sioux.

I don't post on GPL much anymore, let alone on here. But...I wanted to pop in and say that...

It's great to be playing you guys again!

Congrats on one heck of a season.

Nice genuine post. Big win last night...I have to admit, I didn't see that blowout coming.

And the 2007 weekend after the Wheeler goal....fine, I'll post it... :lol:

Funny I like the weekend after your 2012 WCHA title better! :)

After that come back in the WCHA playoffs, not many Gophers fans were comfy until Condon scored to make it 5-1 late in the third.

• Upvote 1

You forgot 2005 WCHA Tournament and NCAA Tournament loses to the Sioux.

I think there was another 3rd place game in addition to 2005 that the Sioux probably won as well, but the 2005 Frozen Four game was noted. :)

Lot's of league playoff matchups in the old style WCHA playoffs as well. I'm just too young to remember them all. Those games were huge because with only 4-5 teams making the tourney the losers of that series was likely done.

Our hotel is 3/4 mile from the arena and we are way under $150/night. Must be in a sketchy area. Oh well. We don't plan to be there that much.

What motel are you staying at? I got into the Ramada( about a mile from the arena) for a little over $110 a night(with taxes)3 nights, also used Wyndham Rewards points and got my Sunday night room free. Flight SW Airlines $350 Plus ticket cost. . I fly out of the cities at 5:30 am Thursday and arrive in Philly around 11:00 am.Leave early Monday morning to fly back. I booked my flight last night before the end of the goofer game.