SiouxSports.com Forum

Why UND over Fargo U? Here's why...

Hayduke

A senator and a general are in a room. Who is sitting at attention? Which is asking questions and which is answering?

There's your answer about rank John.

Whatever helps you sleep at night....who has more influence...stormin' Norman Schwartzkopf or John Hoeven?

UND has athletes that have the ability to leave school early to play professional sports. You wouldn't understand...

Or that don't have to bother to go to school. Heard Grimaldi on the radio with Bernie Bergrath on Saturday. Bernie said Rocco asked him for directions to the library last year and Grimaldi said he must not have listened, because he still hasn't found it after a couple of years.

Or that don't have to bother to go to school. Heard Grimaldi on the radio with Bernie Bergrath on Saturday. Bernie said Rocco asked him for directions to the library last year and Grimaldi said he must not have listened, because he still hasn't found it after a couple of years.

Not even sure who Bernie Bergrath is. But I'm sure being on the Dean's List and getting an academic all-conference award is just a front for Grimaldi.

Not even sure who Bernie Bergrath is. But I'm sure being on the Dean's List and getting an academic all-conference award is just a front for Grimaldi.

Physically going to the library?

Why? UND has state of the art online services at the Chester Fritz for research. Just login from anywhere, and you're good.

Fargo U will catch up to the 21st century someday.

• Upvote 1

Physically going to the library?

Why? UND has state of the art online services at the Chester Fritz for research. Just login from anywhere, and you're good.

Fargo U will catch up to the 21st century someday.

Funny... I even know where und 's library is...

A pissing match about who can find the library - ??? the number of FU trolls that frequent here is a microcosm of why UND is and will continue to be more influential than FU - they can't stop monitoring us and making sure they respond to every comment so we understand how superior FU is. Once again there is a story about who is #1 and who is #2 and it's in the same order it usually is...buttfootball.

• Upvote 2

A pissing match about who can find the library - ??? the number of FU trolls that frequent here is a microcosm of why UND is and will continue to be more influential than FU - they can't stop monitoring us and making sure they respond to every comment so we understand how superior FU is. Once again there is a story about who is #1 and who is #2 and it's in the same order it usually is...buttfootball.

judging by the timing and content of the article, this sounds exactly like what the Herald did by writing the article. "O no! UND hasn't done a whole lot recently to make the headlines like that school down south. Let's write a story about another media outlet's research story so we can make sure everybody in Grand Forks can feel good about UND again...and we need to sell more newspapers."

judging by the timing and content of the article, this sounds exactly like what the Herald did by writing the article. "O no! UND hasn't done a whole lot recently to make the headlines like that school down south. Let's write a story about another media outlet's research story so we can make sure everybody in Grand Forks can feel good about UND again...and we need to sell more newspapers."

What's the Forum's excuse for running an article on it? Needed to make MSU-Moorhead and Concordia feel better?

It is a sad state of affairs if students at the ac actually need to go to the library to research.

The few from the University of Agriculture and Applied Science that actually do know how to use the "interwebs" seem to find their way here.

The few from the University of Agriculture and Applied Science that actually do know how to use the "internets" seem to show up here.

They show up after a new UND thread is born at BV. They can only bash UND for so long before coming on over here.

Who in the hell buys a newspaper or goes to a library anymore?

Well, I still subscribe to the Grand Forks Heraldo, but I do most of my manuscript searches for work on the computer using Google Scholar and PubMed. I don't know if I remember how to use a card catalog, I think it's been about 20 years since I have used one.

• Upvote 1

I think the study is pointless based on what their criteria was. How many links you have on a Wikipedia page. Plus anyone can go in and add stuff to it at any time. Its the equivalent of saying who is more popular based on how many facebook friends you have.

Its how the U of M is so far ahead of everyone because Bob Dylan went to school there for 1 year.

http://www.payscale....tion-value-2013

Pretty much says it all..

Wait, so the FU rubes are up in arms (apparently quite a bit) about some random methodology that says UND is more influential so you counter it with a different set of findings using another random methodology and that somehow that says it all? The logic behind that is brilliant, though I'm not sure how brilliant quite yet but I'm sure I can find some random formula online somewhere that proves it is.

• Upvote 2

Wait, so the FU rubes are up in arms (apparently quite a bit) about some random methodology that says UND is more influential so you counter it with a different set of findings from using random methodology and that somehow that says it all? The logic behind that is brilliant, though I'm not sure how brilliant quite yet but I'm sure I can find some random formula online somewhere that proves it is.

Post of the Day.

http://www.payscale....tion-value-2013

Pretty much says it all..

YES! Just the fact you dug up this irrelevant drivel to counter that ridiculous Time article just to make you feel better about yourself proves MooU douchebags are insecure whiny little crybabies! Hilarious the replies on your board to that article are nearing 10 PAGES and 100 POSTS!! :lol: :lol: :lol: WOW - talk about thin skin! You guys did get one thing wrong over there though - despite the name of your thread - NDSU fans will ALWAYS be the biggest dicks around! ;)

• Upvote 2