SiouxSports.com Forum

Soooooo time to move on..... NAU game this week

geaux_sioux

UND has shown no ability to stop the run or generate a consistent running game so far this season. You do the math on this one...

And the Griz come to the Al the following week...they might only have to throw the ball 8 times if the D effort isn't any better vs. UNA. From what I saw the Griz do to the Yotes in week 1, UND is in big big trouble.

Not a ton of excitement about this one...rightfully so. The team just needs to go out and win. Not just compete and make it close, but win. Someone has to step up on D and get MAD like everyone has been saying on here.

At this point, I'm thinking a 10-14 point NAU win. Never would have predicted that after the SDSU or Sac State game.

Not a ton of excitement about this one...rightfully so. The team just needs to go out and win. Not just compete and make it close, but win. Someone has to step up on D and get MAD like everyone has been saying on here.

At this point, I'm thinking a 10-14 point NAU win. Never would have predicted that after the SDSU or Sac State game.

How about starting with the head coach...team's take on the personality of the one leading them.

Absolutey no buzz about this game in forks so far. Hasnt been mentioned at the office or the watering whole yet

It's because people like you are over reacting and acting like the team sucks all of a sudden. They were an exciting team going into the Poly game. Last time I checked they're the same team, they just had two bad games. Hopefully they go New York Giants on everyone to shut them up.

• Upvote 4

I may not be the biggest UND FB fan in the world but I am up there. If the team isn't going to try, isn't going to show emotion or care - why should I?

And to be honest, even if they go out and upset Northern Arizona, there will still be a fundamental flaw with the overall makeup of this team. Sadly, it shows how good they could be if they laid it all on the line and played emotional football as a team.

It's because people like you are over reacting and acting like the team sucks all of a sudden. They were an exciting team going into the Poly game. Last time I checked they're the same team, they just had two bad games. Hopefully they go New York Giants on everyone to shut them up.

Sorry, but they don't have the mental capacity or the balls to do that. The first sign of adversity they had this year they completely folded vs. Poly and EWU, back to back.

I hope your right but its not happening.

Absolutey no buzz about this game in forks so far. Hasnt been mentioned at the office or the watering whole yet

Although I'm disappointed with the performance the football team has displayed the last few weeks just as much as the next guy, I'm not going to give up on them. I'm not going to get into how I feel about the team on this post but rather post about the "buzz" comment. You may be right, but it is still Homecoming and I've heard from quite a few people who are planning on going. In fact, I'm part of a group that is hosting the "Grand Forks Volleyball" group tailgate party on Saturday. We are expecting between 20-30 people to come out and tailgate and go to the football game. Hoping for a good crowd, good weather...and hopefully some good football from the home team!

Having said all that, I would expect around 9,000-9,500 for this game.

Sorry, but they don't have the mental capacity or the balls to do that. The first sign of adversity they had this year they completely folded vs. Poly and EWU, back to back.

I hope your right but its not happening.

But Portland State had the lead three separate times early in the game against them and they didn't fold against San Diego State after getting down a few scores early.

No doubt about it though, the defense needs someone to step up and be a leader.

I may not be the biggest UND FB fan in the world but I am up there. If the team isn't going to try, isn't going to show emotion or care - why should I?

And to be honest, even if they go out and upset Northern Arizona, there will still be a fundamental flaw with the overall makeup of this team. Sadly, it shows how good they could be if they laid it all on the line and played emotional football as a team.

Wow, I read this, and it really summarizes where I am right now. I will still care, and show up on saturday, I hope the team does the same.

For what it's worth--and perhaps at this late date it isn't even relevant. But I remember the horrific Minnesota Gopher elevens of the 1957-59 era. In 1956, the Gophers lost 7-0 to Iowa, a loss which cost the Gophers a trip to Pasadena. The 1957 started out with a bang but conditions quickly deteriorated as the team lost four of its last five games. The 1958 season was more of the same. In 1959, the Gophes actually finished last in the Big Ten. However, in 1960, the team rebounded, tying Iowa for the Big Ten Conference co-championship and then finishing No. 1 in the nation at a time when the regular season--not the bowl games--determined the national champion. Gopher coach at the time, Murray Warmath,was hounded during the 1959 season. But the team had gone from worst to first. Oh, by the way, Warmath was named national coach of the year in 1960. Perhaps we need a little patience. San Diego State and Portland State were good outings. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.