SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Kinda extreme to charge that kid with attempted murder. It sure as heck was wrong to knock out the cop.....but it isn't attempted murder. Good grief!

This is not extreme in my opinion. If you punch out a cop, you should be charged to the full extent of the law. It's unacceptable to punch out or assault an officer of the law, it’s considered a felony.

It's Ward County, heart of the Bakken. The DAs out there need to protect the cops.

How can they do that? Send a clear message: touch a cop, face the maximum possible charge.

The DA has now given himself a lot of negotiating room also.

It sounds really harsh, but it's the right tactic from the DA's office.

Signed,

Jack McCoy

Did Jack McCoy ever win a case?

It's Ward County, heart of the Bakken. The DAs out there need to protect the cops.

How can they do that? Send a clear message: touch a cop, face the maximum possible charge.

The DA has now given himself a lot of negotiating room also.

It sounds really harsh, but it's the right tactic from the DA's office.

Signed,

Jack McCoy

The Ward County State's Attorney is actually a woman....but I get your point.

To that, punching a cop can be attempted murder. If you hit them with enough force or hit their head in the the concrete sidewalk...what else are you trying to do? give them a little headache? Unless you were there, you have no idea how hard the cop was hit or what he was hit into. The decision would have been made looking at the evidence and police report. It had to have been fairly serious since the charges came that quickly.

The saddest part is....this is probably one of the smaller things that happen to the cops out here on a daily basis.

The Ward County State's Attorney is actually a woman....but I get your point.

To that, punching a cop can be attempted murder. If you hit them with enough force or hit their head in the the concrete sidewalk...what else are you trying to do? give them a little headache? Unless you were there, you have no idea how hard the cop was hit or what he was hit into. The decision would have been made looking at the evidence and police report. It had to have been fairly serious since the charges came that quickly.

The saddest part is....this is probably one of the smaller things that happen to the cops out here on a daily basis.

Based on this criteria, almost any bar fight could be construed as being attempted murder. But I agree with you. We don't know the details of why they are pressing the charges they are pressing. I doubt the DA is going to overreach and embarrass herself in the process. They all want judgeships down the road.

I heard the MSU players have contacted NDSU's Athletic Dept. for legal help. :whistling:

I heard they contacted Faison so they could "really get out in front of this thing", they held a press conference full of strong language, and in the end convinced us all that strong armed discimpline would follow . . . although they couldn't share any specifics at this time. I just had really good confidence from the tough facial expressions throughout the press conference that they were completely out in front of this thing, although i have no idea what they are actually doing.

I heard they were so far out in front of this thing, that the players were actually suspended before the incident occurred. Minot AD gave full credit to Faison for his input on this move.

Don't ever criticize Faison for strong and proper reaction to a bad situation. What's that? Get out in front of it, because then you can set the message (aka "spin") as best you can.

That is something some folks at NDSU would do well to understand and start to practice. It's better and easier than reacting to the next "find" by a cub reporter looking in the City of Fargo/Cass County/State of ND law enforcement blotters.

Don't ever criticize Faison for strong and proper reaction to a bad situation. What's that? Get out in front of it, because then you can set the message (aka "spin") as best you can.

That is something some folks at NDSU would do well to understand and start to practice. It's better and easier than reacting to the next "find" by a cub reporter looking in the City of Fargo/Cass County/State of ND law enforcement blotters.

I think NDSU has a better way of doing things than Faison does. Go out and win a big game and then people talk about the game rather than the less than perfect conduct of the players.

Anyone know why this is still a thread?

The butthurt.

I think NDSU has a better way of doing things than Faison does. Go out and win a big game and then people talk about the game rather than the less than perfect conduct of the players.

A great example of the integrity learned at North Dakota State University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences. Don't actually take care of problems, just try to distract people so they don't notice.
  • Upvote 1

The butthurt.

You should know that I am filing all the smart remarks and cheap shots you guys are throwing at us right now in my memory for future reference. When the worm turns (and it will), I will use all this stuff against you and your team. And I will not be nice about it. Just remember two things before you hit that Post button: What goes around comes around and bad karma is tough to live with.

A great example of the integrity learned at North Dakota State University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences. Don't actually take care of problems, just try to distract people so they don't notice.

Well, you know. People from the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences ARE easily distracted...

• Upvote 2

Congrats on the win- to those players who deserve the congrats...

I really respect the player pool represented by QB Nelson- his after game interview Tebow moment was a surprise.

Not all the team are hardened criminals, and I was not able to stop myself thinking so...

When no one tries to separate the "bad guys", it just seems they all are bad.

That is just not so.

So- Good on you, the decent players on the team.

Too bad we associate you with the criminals allowed to play with you.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/naias-grand-view-upsets-drake-145944349--ncaaf.html

Not to take anything away from the Bison win on Friday but Drake losing to NAIA Grand View just shows that anyone can win on any given day.

Kinda like Northern Iowa (from the mighty MVFC) losing to a DII UND team. The first Dakota team to beat them in their dome.

Ah, now why would you have to go and bring that up.... don't we get enough of that from our FU friends....you're supposed to be one of the good guys.

It's all apart of my healing process. Kind of like how some people make jokes at funerals to get them through!! Guess I am at that stage now!!

• Upvote 1