SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Do you think Bohl just won the lottery. Are the big boys gunna be calling. After this senior class leaves SU are they just going to reload or take a few steps back? But this year is just starting for them and conference games are always a dogfight. They may loose a few games. And it doesn't hurt Bohls chance of moving up when Joey Harrington says SU is as good a coached team as he has seen.

I am getting a little sick and tired of that whole "North Dakota Pride" crap. Where is all that "North Dakota Pride" from Bisonville when we make headlines in hockey? That's right, there isn't any. All we hear is that it doesn't count because hockey is a niche sport that nobody outside Grand Forks cares about. Sorry, I cannot jump on any bandwagon painted in Green and Gold colors. Look for some "Bring on 'Bama" t-shirts and signs at the home opener at the FFD next week.

I'm certainly no fan of the school in Fargo, but what their football team just did was pretty awesome. They made the defending Big XII champion look severely overmatched. You switch coaching staffs and KSU wins going away. Bohl and his minions had that team prepared, and expecting to win. Snyder and his minions expected the Bison to bow down and roll over. Jensen called it the biggest win in NDSU history. Tough to argue that one.

everyone needs to just calm down about this win against the ksac...last year the the ndac were puffing their chests out about beating colorado state....csu went on to win 4 games against the four of the worst fbs schools in the country last year (colorado 1-11, Hawaii 3-9, UNLV 2-11, and New Mexico 4-9)

i know the ksac is the reigning big 12 champ but reigning also means last YEAR!

everyone needs to just calm down about this win against the ksac...last year the the ndac were puffing their chests out about beating colorado state....csu went on to win 4 games against the four of the worst fbs schools in the country last year (colorado 1-11, Hawaii 3-9, UNLV 2-11, and New Mexico 4-9)

i know the ksac is the reigning big 12 champ but reigning also means last YEAR!

Guess we will have to scrub the good feelings from the Texas Tech thread. Mods?

I'm certainly no fan of the school in Fargo, but what their football team just did was pretty awesome. They made the defending Big XII champion look severely overmatched. You switch coaching staffs and KSU wins going away. Bohl and his minions had that team prepared, and expecting to win. Snyder and his minions expected the Bison to bow down and roll over. Jensen called it the biggest win in NDSU history. Tough to argue that one.

You are right, it is impressive. And FCS teams beating FBS teams is becoming more common all the time. My point is why should we bow down and kiss their butts when they won't even acknowledge that hockey is a real collegiate sport? Could you imagine Alabama fans giving congrats to Auburn for winning the BCS title? Or how about Buckeye fans giving kudos to Michigan for winning the B1G title? This whole trend of Sioux fans jumping on the bandwagons of our rivals when they are better than us is sickening. I saw it with Grand Valley State in the 2000's. Now I am seeing it with FU (never thought I would type that).

I have had to put with NDSU's obnoxious, insufferable fans my whole life and I will never, ever jump on the bandwagon of Moo U. I am old-school when it comes to stuff like this. But if you want to cheer them on, I won't stand in your way.

You are right, it is impressive. And FCS teams beating FBS teams is becoming more common all the time. My point is why should we bow down and kiss their butts when they won't even acknowledge that hockey is a real collegiate sport? Could you imagine Alabama fans giving congrats to Auburn for winning the BCS title? Or how about Buckeye fans giving kudos to Michigan for winning the B1G title? This whole trend of Sioux fans jumping on the bandwagons of our rivals when they are better than us is sickening. I saw it with Grand Valley State in the 2000's. Now I am seeing it with FU (never thought I would type that).

I have had to put with NDSU's obnoxious, insufferable fans my whole life and I will never, ever jump on the bandwagon of Moo U. I am old-school when it comes to stuff like this. But if you want to cheer them on, I won't stand in your way.

I don't see any UND fans jumping on the bandwagon of NDSU right now. But a lot of us recognize the significance of this win for NDSU, FCS and the state of North Dakota. Regardless of how high and mighty NDSU thinks they may be, UND is going to receive some inadvertent positive press from this win. National outlets are going to confuse the two schools, UND will get credit here and there and it may help some recruiting or growth of the fan base. It's not unrealistic to think the average fan may confuse the two schools when the NCAA does.

I cheered my ass of against NDSU tonight but I realize that it's a good win and they did it in impressive fashion. If KState goes on to miss bowl eligibility, we will all question the validity of this win, similar to their previous FBS wins. But until then, it seems like KState should at least be .500 or better.

I don't see any UND fans jumping on the bandwagon of NDSU right now. But a lot of us recognize the significance of this win for NDSU, FCS and the state of North Dakota. Regardless of how high and mighty NDSU thinks they may be, UND is going to receive some inadvertent positive press from this win. National outlets are going to confuse the two schools, UND will get credit here and there and it may help some recruiting or growth of the fan base. It's not unrealistic to think the average fan may confuse the two schools when the NCAA does.

I cheered my ass of against NDSU tonight but I realize that it's a good win and they did it in impressive fashion. If KState goes on to miss bowl eligibility, we will all question the validity of this win, similar to their previous FBS wins. But until then, it seems like KState should at least be .500 or better.

I guess I don't see how this benefits anyone but NDSU. The Bison are giant-killers, UND is "that other school in North Dakota". With our crappy transition and the continuing fallout from it, we have a tough road ahead of us to get back to prominence. Tonight's result in Kansas only makes that job tougher, not easier.

I guess I don't see how this benefits anyone but NDSU. The Bison are giant-killers, UND is "that other school in North Dakota". With our crappy transition and the continuing fallout from it, we have a tough road ahead of us to get back to prominence. Tonight's result in Kansas only makes that job tougher, not easier.

Why does it make it tougher? Why does everything UND do have to be compared to NDSU? Why can't UND just focus on building out of the transition. Improving the football team doesn't become a whole lot harder after NDSU beat KState. NDSU is the back-to-back national champions of FCS. Beating KState doesn't suddenly make them any better than the teams of the past two years. UND has done a pretty good job of recruiting the past few years against all of that success of NDSU.

Stop comparing UND football to NDSU. Are you going to be on here exclaiming UND's success if the football team does better than NDSU's 3-8 season in their second year of the transition? I doubt it. NDSU in 2013 is not in the same situation as UND in 2013. Stop comparing and start looking for improvement within the program regardless of the success of any school 70, 200 or 1,000 miles away.

No one is jumping on the bandwagon. Take the game for what it is. Take a Valium.
  • Upvote 1

Hey Duke how was the crow you had for breakfast this morning? ???

I for one am a Sioux hockey fan. It is only when peoe like the Duke play the tier 2 fb card do I use the niche sport thing for hockey.

I'm eating it. :lol:

That was a good win for the Ag School. Now...keep the pants zipped up, hands off the merchandise, avoid petition drives, and for God's sake don't get drunk and beat somebody up in an alley!

Why does it make it tougher? Why does everything UND do have to be compared to NDSU? Why can't UND just focus on building out of the transition. Improving the football team doesn't become a whole lot harder after NDSU beat KState. NDSU is the back-to-back national champions of FCS. Beating KState doesn't suddenly make them any better than the teams of the past two years. UND has done a pretty good job of recruiting the past few years against all of that success of NDSU.

Stop comparing UND football to NDSU. Are you going to be on here exclaiming UND's success if the football team does better than NDSU's 3-8 season in their second year of the transition? I doubt it. NDSU in 2013 is not in the same situation as UND in 2013. Stop comparing and start looking for improvement within the program regardless of the success of any school 70, 200 or 1,000 miles away.

It makes it tougher because NDSU is in our geographical and media backyard. It makes it tougher because NDSU looks much better to potential recruits than UND. And yes, UND and NDSU will be compared to each other in every sport that they both sponsor because that is the way it's always been. The rivalry is not dead, merely dormant. At some point in the future, we will play them again in football and in all other sports (even if we aren't in the same conference). And I suppose you will complain about people comparing both schools to each other like you are now. That won't stop it from happening, so you better just get used to it.

And as for the admonition to "stop comparing and start looking for improvement within the program", you implied in another thread that football is "just fine" coming close to having a winning season in 2012. The fact is that the defense gave up bunches of yards last year against all the good teams on the schedule and the jury is still out on this year (beating up Valpo doesn't prove much). Potato Bowl will tell us a lot about this team and how much they have improved. I certainly didn't expect national titles right out of the gate, but I was hoping to not give up 600+ yards in games and get blown out on the road by 40-50 points more than once last year. If wanting at least a competitive product on the field is "asking too much, too soon", then God help us in the future, because we'll need it. And yes, our young kids look like good athletes, but we won't know if they will get the job done until they actually beat good teams on the field on Saturdays. And again, next week's Potato Bowl will tell us a lot about where we are and where we need to go.

I like to call things as I see them and I like to speak from the heart. And if that deviates from the "ducky and bunny" thinking that is common on this forum, then so be it. Agree or disagree as you wish, but I don't think being honest about where I think we are and where I think we are going makes me a bad fan. My 2 cents, nothing more.

It makes it tougher because NDSU is in our geographical and media backyard. It makes it tougher because NDSU looks much better to potential recruits than UND. And yes, UND and NDSU will be compared to each other in every sport that they both sponsor because that is the way it's always been. The rivalry is not dead, merely dormant. At some point in the future, we will play them again in football and in all other sports (even if we aren't in the same conference). And I suppose you will complain about people comparing both schools to each other like you are now. That won't stop it from happening, so you better just get used to it.

And as for the admonition to "stop comparing and start looking for improvement within the program", you implied in another thread that football is "just fine" coming close to having a winning season in 2012. The fact is that the defense gave up bunches of yards last year against all the good teams on the schedule and the jury is still out on this year (beating up Valpo doesn't prove much). Potato Bowl will tell us a lot about this team and how much they have improved. I certainly didn't expect national titles right out of the gate, but I was hoping to not give up 600+ yards in games and get blown out on the road by 40-50 points more than once last year. If wanting at least a competitive product on the field is "asking too much, too soon", then God help us in the future, because we'll need it. And yes, our young kids look like good athletes, but we won't know if they will get the job done until they actually beat good teams on the field on Saturdays. And again, next week's Potato Bowl will tell us a lot about where we are and where we need to go.

I like to call things as I see them and I like to speak from the heart. And if that deviates from the "ducky and bunny" thinking that is common on this forum, then so be it. Agree or disagree as you wish, but I don't think being honest about where I think we are and where I think we are going makes me a bad fan. My 2 cents, nothing more.

How far apart are Duke and North Carolina, Louisville and Kentucky - there are plenty of quality schools that are within the same area. No ducks and bunnies here but also not going out on the ledge either.

How far apart are Duke and North Carolina, Louisville and Kentucky - there are plenty of quality schools that are within the same area. No ducks and bunnies here but also not going out on the ledge either.

That is correct. And you can bet that Duke compares itself to North Carolina and vise versa. Same with Louisville and Kentucky. Same with Arizona and Arizona State. And the same with UND and NDSU. And as long as both schools have athletics at the same level of competition, those comparisons will continue to be made.

I'm eating it. :lol:

That was a good win for the Ag School. Now...keep the pants zipped up, hands off the merchandise, avoid petition drives, and for God's sake don't get drunk and beat somebody up in an alley!

And you keep your shoes on, the needles out of your arms, and try to keep the rookies out of the hospital during hazing events will you please. Thanks!

And you keep your shoes on, the needles out of your arms, and try to keep the rookies out of the hospital during hazing events will you please. Thanks!

Thanks for your interest in UND sports - time to check the Fargo Police blotter.
  • Upvote 1

Yup..congrats to the Ag School team.

Pass these out to the boys! (like they need them...with the administration backing the up anyway...)

ebac092dd1cbbe108d3c7412fb720075.jpg

Kinda extreme to charge that kid with attempted murder. It sure as heck was wrong to knock out the cop.....but it isn't attempted murder. Good grief!

Hi Coach Bohl.

Were you there? Tell us how you can read a short newspaper article and pass judgement that's better than the Ward County Attorney. Or is it simply clear that "these young men have suffered enough".

Good grief indeed.

It's Ward County, heart of the Bakken. The DAs out there need to protect the cops.

How can they do that? Send a clear message: touch a cop, face the maximum possible charge.

The DA has now given himself a lot of negotiating room also.

It sounds really harsh, but it's the right tactic from the DA's office.

Signed,

Jack McCoy