SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

It was changed to that name in 1960. That's 53 years ago, not 80. That's their name. North Dakota State University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences.

That's reality. If you don't like it, tough.

Kansas State fans are laughing their butts off over the fans of the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences' fans bragging of their lower tier "10 National Championships". KSU has played at the highest level of college football, well, for over 100 years. The University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences football team will have played their 10th game at that level on Friday. 10 games at that level in over 100 years. Big deal.

That is reality. If you don't like it, tough.

Just want to make sure you stay consistent with your logic Dave, I mean Hayduke. So here's a few updates to UND's football schedule I thought you might want to be aware of.

Valparaiso University...Valparaiso Male and Female College or Northern Indiana Normal School and Business Institute

South Dakota State University...Dakota Agriculture College

Montana State University...Agricultural College of the State of Montana

Idaho State University...Academy of Idaho

Eastern Washington University...Benjamin P. Cheney Academy

Sacramento State University...Sacramento State College

Portland State University...Vanport Extension Center

Northern Arizona University...Northern Arizona Normal School

University of Northern Colorado...Colorado State Normal School

University of California, Davis...Northern Branch of the College of Agriculture

Looks like a nice schedule for UND this year. For Valpo's sake tonight I hope they only bring the boys from their boys and girls school. Though maybe if they brought some girls, UND's players might get distracted and win by 60 instead of 70.

Edit: Actually a pretty interesting page to peruse if you have a few minutes to waste. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_university_and_college_name_changes_in_the_United_States

Just want to make sure you stay consistent with your logic Dave, I mean Hayduke. So here's a few updates to UND's football schedule I thought you might want to be aware of.

Valparaiso University...Valparaiso Male and Female College or Northern Indiana Normal School and Business Institute

South Dakota State University...Dakota Agriculture College

Montana State University...Agricultural College of the State of Montana

Idaho State University...Academy of Idaho

Eastern Washington University...Benjamin P. Cheney Academy

Sacramento State University...Sacramento State College

Portland State University...Vanport Extension Center

Northern Arizona University...Northern Arizona Normal School

University of Northern Colorado...Colorado State Normal School

University of California, Davis...Northern Branch of the College of Agriculture

Looks like a nice schedule for UND this year. For Valpo's sake tonight I hope they only bring the boys from their boys and girls school. Though maybe if they brought some girls, UND's players might get distracted and win by 60 instead of 70.

That's a lot of research for nothing.

Many of those are former names. Maybe they all are, I don't know. Heck, I wouldn't bother looking it up.

The current name (That means now...) is North Dakota State University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences. Which, apparently, is some kind of embarrassment for you.

That's too bad. The criminal activity and support of it by the administration of the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences should be embarrassing. But, with the lack of a moral compass for the fans of the football team of the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences, it's not surprising.

Many of those are former names. Maybe they all are, I don't know. Heck, I wouldn't bother looking it up.

The current name (That means now...) is North Dakota State University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences. Which, apparently, is some kind of embarrassment for you.

That's too bad. The criminal activity and support of it by the administration of the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences should be embarrassing. But, with the lack of a moral compass for the fans of the football team of the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences, it's not surprising.

I will pay you a dollar...heck a hundred dollars for everyone besides you that refers to NDSU as the "North Dakota State University of Agriculte and Applied Sciences" on a regular basis. Just let me know where to mail the check for ZERO dollars to!! :lol:

My guess is your real name isn't actually Hayduke, but that's what everyone on here calls you.

I'm not embarrassed in the least about that name. Agriculture is a necessary and noble profession and in many ways is on the cutting edge of science. I just find it interesting that YOU think people are embarrassed about it so you use it in a way that is disparaging.

Edit: I clicked around for about 5 minutes on this page and didn't find one reference to that name. If the University doesn't refer to itself as that name, why would you?

http://www.ndsu.edu/

I will pay you a dollar...heck a hundred dollars for everyone besides you that refers to NDSU as the "North Dakota State University of Agriculte and Applied Sciences" on a regular basis. Just let me know where to mail the check for ZERO dollars to!! :lol:

So, what you are saying is that you would pay me the value of an education at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences if I would just quit using their official name?

Well, I guess that would be a big fat zero dollar check!

My guess is your real name isn't actually Hayduke, but that's what everyone on here calls you.

I'm not embarrassed in the least about that name. Agriculture is a necessary and noble profession and in many ways is on the cutting edge of science. I just find it interesting that YOU think people are embarrassed about it so you use it in a way that is disparaging.

I'm glad you aren't embarrassed by the name. You shouldn't be. But, that is the name. The University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences.

I didn't make it up.

However, your football players did the following.

1. They swung a penis at a young woman in the mall.

2. They stole from Best Buy.

3. They committed election fraud by faking names on petition drives.

4. They committed assault while drunk in an alley by a bar, beating someone unconscious.

What's worse is that the administration at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences don't seem to care. They care more about tier II championships.

There is no honor in that way of thinking.

From the current North Dakota Century Code, also known as the law of North Dakota,:

CHAPTER 15-12 STATE UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE AND APPLIED SCIENCE

15-12-01. Location and name.

The North Dakota state university of agriculture and applied science must be located in the city of Fargo in the county of Cass. Wherever the term agricultural college appears in this code, it means the North Dakota state university of agriculture and applied science.

Hayduke is correct and being technically accurate. It is like calling someone Robert if that is their proper name, even if they prefer to be called Bob. Get over it.

And if you doubt me, check http://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t15c12.pdf?20130829115507.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad you aren't embarrassed by the name. You shouldn't be. But, that is the name. The University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences.

I didn't make it up.

However, your football players did the following.

1. They swung a penis at a young woman in the mall.

2. They stole from Best Buy.

3. They committed election fraud by faking names on petition drives.

4. They committed assault while drunk in an alley by a bar, beating someone unconscious.

What's worse is that the administration at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences don't seem to care. They care more about tier II championships.

There is no honor in that way of thinking.

Your rhetoric and talking points are dull and have been completely played out. Get a new trick.

From the current North Dakota Century Code, also known as the law of North Dakota,:

Hayduke is correct and being technically accurate. It is like calling someone Robert if that is their proper name, even if they prefer to be called Bob. Get over it.

And if you doubt me, check http://www.legis.nd....?20130829115507.

I don't doubt it, never have, but I've also never cared in the slightest. Just find it odd that he is being so disingenuous about using the name. Out of one side of his mouth, he uses that name as to somehow disparage the University, while out of the other side saying "why would you be embarrassed, it's a great name". His logic doesn't hold up, as usual.

Your rhetoric and talking points are dull and have been completely played out. Get a new trick.

I see.

You prefer to sweep these crimes "under the rug".

Congratulations! You may have passed the first test in becoming and administrator at the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences! :lol:

I don't doubt it, never have, but I've also never cared in the slightest. Just find it odd that he is being so disingenuous about using the name. Out of one side of his mouth, he uses that name as to somehow disparage the University, while out of the other side saying "why would you be embarrassed, it's a great name". His logic doesn't hold up, as usual.

And yet his use of the proper name for the school seems to bother a lot of people.

Okay, let's address this issue.

1. You don't like your school being called by its proper name, "The University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences".

2. You don't like that I say there is nothing wrong with the name, "The University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences.".

Then, my only conclusion is that you have issues with the name of the school, "The University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences".

What you should have issues with, is how the administration of the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences ignores the criminal activity of the football players. There seems to be a broken moral compass with the fans of the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences football team.

And yet his use of the proper name for the school seems to bother a lot of people.

Its the manner in which he is using it. If someone uses my first and middle name in a mocking tone and then when I get botherd claims "But thats your name, why would you be mad?" The problem is in their use of it. If my mother uses my first and middle name, I am not going to be mad because of the context in which she is using it.

Its the manner in which he is using it. If someone uses my first and middle name in a mocking tone and then when I get botherd claims "But thats your name, why would you be mad?" The problem is in their use of it. If my mother uses my first and middle name, I am not going to be mad because of the context in which she is using it.

No.

Apparently, what the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences lacks is a mother that will actually discipline their wayward children. Instead, they raise kids with no moral compass.

I am willing to bet that most, if not all, fans of the agricultural college did not know the full name of the school. That is why they have been annoyed by Hayduke. They thought he made up a nickname, like Cow College or Moo U. And not 1 of them thought to check it out.

No.

Apparently, what the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences lacks is a mother that will actually discipline their wayward children. Instead, they raise kids with no moral compass.

If their is ten kids in a family, and 9 of them are responsible and 1 of them gets knocked up, or gets a girl pregnant, are you going to look down on the whole family?

I am willing to bet that most, if not all, fans of the agricultural college did not know the full name of the school. That is why they have been annoyed by Hayduke. They thought he made up a nickname, like Cow College or Moo U. And not 1 of them thought to check it out.

Big sign has the crest in the union. We walk by it every day. Annoyed by the usage of it rather than the name itself. Don't know how many times that will be said but everyone is entitled to their own thought process.

You're bothered by the way he uses it? That is hilarious coming from someone that participates on Bisonville where UND is referred to by numerous made up names that are meant as insults. You're bothered by his use of the proper name of the school? Try growing up a little bit.

If their is ten kids in a family, and 9 of them are responsible and 1 of them gets knocked up, or gets a girl pregnant, are you going to look down on the whole family?

Are you seriously comparing the swinging of a penis at a young girl in a mall, theft of items at Best Buy, committing fraud by faking signatures on petition for a ballot initiative and the beating of a man in an alley to an accidental pregnancy?

Is there no doubt now that the moral compass of the football fan of the University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences is broken?

That's pretty frickin' warped...

To be fair...there are other universities that have "University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences" as part of their official name. I suggest that to avoid confusion one should use "THE University of Agriculture and Applied Sciences" when referring to FU. I believe they have earned the distinction.

Carry on.

• Upvote 3

I like those names. :D