SiouxSports.com Forum

Facilities Master Plan

The Sicatoka

I think UND would have no problem hosting with only Phase I of the facility complete, Hyslop has enough space and lockers/showers for teams to use if those facilities aren't on site yet. While you are right that an indoor meet doesn't need much seating, I'd guess the BSC has a minimum amount of spectator seating they like to see in a host facility, which judging from the current IPF renderings, UND would have. I just hope that if the project budget gets tight that they don't reduce the size of the building by eliminating the space for seating.

The facility would probably host a number of indoor high school meets as well as college meets. The high school state indoor meets would most likely be held here at least every other year with that facility, which would bring a lot of people to town.

Hyslop did host a number of meets in the past, but it is not even close to 200m. I believe it is something like 160yd around, and it only went under one side of the stands.

Good points.

Makes sense that Hyslop was around 160 m. Just seemed like it was so claustrophobic that it went under both upper stands and around all the supports.

Is there a state high school indoor meet anymore?

Good points.

Makes sense that Hyslop was around 160 m. Just seemed like it was so claustrophobic that it went under both upper stands and around all the supports.

Is there a state high school indoor meet anymore?

I think they still have the unofficial state indoor in Fargo.

I ran in there in the 70's and hated it. I remember collapsing at the end of a race, not sure what the length even was and couldn't catch my breath. It was stifling in there. I liked running in the Crookston shed better than indoors at the Fieldhouse.

I ran there in the 70's too. In the 400 I was chasing a guy and catching him on the parts of the track where you could see us. When we went behind the bleachers he would cut to the infield and shorten the distance he ran and extend his lead again. He beat me to the finish but eventually an official came from behind the bleachers and had him DQ'd.

I ran in there in the 70's and hated it. I remember collapsing at the end of a race, not sure what the length even was and couldn't catch my breath. It was stifling in there. I liked running in the Crookston shed better than indoors at the Fieldhouse.

I hated the air in there. We practiced there in highschool for indoor season and it was terribly stale and dusty in there. My lungs couldn't take it so my senior year I didn't do any indoor practice or meets and just lifted and did Sports Accel on my own instead.

anyone know of an addition/renovation/changes to teh Betty? there are bids out there that some architect firms are looking at and a foundation/bricklaying company is also looking at? i asked to make sure they aren't getting the ipf confused with the betty and both said it is def the betty...?

anyone know of an addition/renovation/changes to teh Betty? there are bids out there that some architect firms are looking at and a foundation/bricklaying company is also looking at? i asked to make sure they aren't getting the ipf confused with the betty and both said it is def the betty...?

This document says there will be a 3000 ft2 addition for basketball/volleyball space. On the north end? That isn't enough space for another basketball court. Maybe it's space for accordion bleachers to be moved out of the way for practice or a better concession area? Just guesses though. It specifically says a slab, so doubt it is office space.

http://www.bismanexc...ion SPEC[1].pdf

This document says there will be a 3000 ft2 addition for basketball/volleyball space. On the north end? That isn't enough space for another basketball court. Maybe it's space for accordion bleachers to be moved out of the way for practice or a better concession area? Just guesses though. It specifically says a slab, so doubt it is office space.

http://www.bismanexc...ion SPEC[1].pdf

Wow, an addition to the Betty already huh? Interesting.

Had never even heard any rumors about this one.

• 5 months later...

The big factor for me not going is kids, and my job. Is there really a lot of students that have both, and cannot attend. I swear if I lived in GF, I could attend all the games but my work schedule 11pm-7:30am doesn't give me much time to sleep, drive up to GF, attend game, drive back to Fargo, and then go to work. In Fargo there are signs everywhere for Bison this and Bison that. On billboards, on businesses, in people's yards. But when I drive up to Grand Forks...where is that? Where are the UND football billboards? Where are the yard signs showing hometown spirit. Marketing is crap compared to NDSU. I hate to compare it but as the only 2 schools in ND with DI sports its true. UND has a big time tv contract but its pretty sad come football time when you can't really feel the UND spirit until the Potato Bowl rolls down DeMers Ave.

Coming soon??

Soon? I need to get one!!

I inquired about those via twitter when they showed the signs at UND day at the ND State fair. @NorthDakotaAthletics replied back and told me they will "announce how I I an get one in the near future." I would think since we are 2 weeks from the first game, we would be seeing those very soon!

I inquired about those via twitter when they showed the signs at UND day at the ND State fair. @NorthDakotaAthletics replied back and told me they will "announce how I I an get one in the near future." I would think since we are 2 weeks from the first game, we would be seeing those very soon!

I saw several boxes of them at Hyslop yesterday when I went in to pick up my tailgating passes. Didn't think to inquire about when and how to get one...

I saw several boxes of them at Hyslop yesterday when I went in to pick up my tailgating passes. Didn't think to inquire about when and how to get one...

If they sell them at the Alerus and/or Sioux shop at the REA I will have to get one when I come up for the Potato Bowl.

If they sell them at the Alerus and/or Sioux shop at the REA I will have to get one when I come up for the Potato Bowl.

I don't see them selling them. Probably give them away at the Football Fanfest (haven't heard any announcements on a date for that yet though) along with being able to pick them up at the Hyslop.

https://twitter.com/dfreund7/status/367968083274522624/photo/1

The yard signs read "North Dakota Proud" with Proud being much larger than North Dakota. Doesn't appear to mention "UNIVERSITY" anywhere but it does have the interlocking ND. Again, they used the same big, ugly block lettering that they've been putting at center ice/court to spell out the words. What marketing genius came up with this for the yard signs? We need a new logo/mascot and soon. Right now, the signs look like they're for people who are proud to live in North Dakota and be Notre Dame fans. I was excited when I heard UND would finally have some yard signs, but now I'm just disappointed..... :sad:

https://twitter.com/...4522624/photo/1

The yard signs read "North Dakota Proud" with Proud being much larger than North Dakota. Doesn't appear to mention "UNIVERSITY" anywhere but it does have the interlocking ND. Again, they used the same big, ugly block lettering that they've been putting at center ice/court to spell out the words. What marketing genius came up with this for the yard signs? We need a new logo/mascot and soon. Right now, the signs look like they're for people who are proud to live in North Dakota and be Notre Dame fans. I was excited when I heard UND would finally have some yard signs, but now I'm just disappointed..... :sad:

Yes, I'm sure you'll be much more satisfied when the teams are known as the "Spirit".