SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Jason Gregoire to Denver...

Edit:

I've stated this before and I will again. Denver has the best 2007 class. Nothing wrong with ours at all, but hats of to Gwoz, he has a great class. Gregoire will be 2007 or 2008, I suspect this decision will be a factor of other pending commitments and how he recovers from his injury, which so far has been great.

This probably belongs or already is in another thread, but Heisenberg has reported that Cichy has left the development team and may or may not be headed for the QMJHL

"Finally, North Dakota recruit Mike Cichy has indeed left the NTDP program. I just emailed Brad Schlossman of the Grand Forks Herald, and he confirmed it, though he wasn't entirely convinced that he was going to the QMJHL. More should be known by the end of the day."

http://westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com/

What does this mean for his future at UND??

This probably belongs or already is in another thread, but Heisenberg has reported that Cichy has left the development team and may or may not be headed for the QMJHL

"Finally, North Dakota recruit Mike Cichy has indeed left the NTDP program. I just emailed Brad Schlossman of the Grand Forks Herald, and he confirmed it, though he wasn't entirely convinced that he was going to the QMJHL. More should be known by the end of the day."

If he goes to the Q (Halifax) he can't play for the Sioux.

Edit:

I've stated this before and I will again. Denver has the best 2007 class. Nothing wrong with ours at all, but hats of to Gwoz, he has a great class. Gregoire will be 2007 or 2008, I suspect this decision will be a factor of other pending commitments and how he recovers from his injury, which so far has been great.

Wisco's 2007 is better.

That sucks. He should be a heck of a player for them. I hate Denver. :)

I also agree that UW's 07 class is very good as well. Turris has a great chance of being the RoTY next season...

Bad news on Cichy as well. Hopefully he doesn't decide to go to the Q. He could be a good player for the Sioux in 08.

One of UND's verbal recruits, Mike Cichy who plays for the NTDP has left the team, it is on westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com. Not sure what he is going to do, but it was rumored earlier he was going to play major juniors, let's hope this isn't the case.

I hope he does not go play major juniors. It would stink to lose this guy. His name is listed on the USA hockey website. But I do not know if that means anything.

Wouldn't he just go back to his prep school what was it flushing acadamey?

Wouldn't he just go back to his prep school what was it flushing acadamey?

If he still wants to play midget majors and start at a school already into the semester. If he still wants to go the college route he could probably sign onto a USHL team pretty easily and he definetly has the ability to play at the Junior A level. Like I said, let's hope this happens.

I also forgot that Tyler Gron, a highly rated foward out of the AJHL committed to Northern Michigan. I've mentioned him before and I don't know if UND was recruiting him or not, but it is a good pickup for Northern Michigan. He was drafted by the WHL and decided to go the college route.

If he still wants to play midget majors and start at a school already into the semester. If he still wants to go the college route he could probably sign onto a USHL team pretty easily and he definetly has the ability to play at the Junior A level. Like I said, let's hope this happens.

Apparently Chris is reporting that Cichy signed with the Boston Jr. Bruins of the EJHL. This is good news but puzzling news.

Why would Cichy leave the NTDP? Why would he go to the EJHL, a league that is well behind the competitive levels of the USHL and BCHL and certainly less than the NTDP?

As for Gregoire, I wonder if it was because UND didn't have an opening for him until at least 2008?

And no offense to whomever it was that says DU has the best class, I think that remains to be seen. Certainly DU has one of the top 3 (UMN and UND are the other two, IMO), but in no way is this the best.

Really, I think "best recruiting class" should be determined at least after their freshman season concludes.

Wisconsin has to been ranked near the top for the recruits with Turris alone.

Don't know. Skille was supposed to be very good offensively as well coming in. He has been very good, but not as good as predicted.

Turris will be good, but will he alone make the class great? Who knows.

To be fair, though, I will say UW will finish in the top 10 for WCHA recruiting classes :)

This is good news and Cichy is still 16/17 so he has at least a year and a half left of play. This opens up to probably one year in Junior A although there is still a possibility of the QMJHL. Chris also reported that Nash has narrowed his options to UND and Denver. Let's hope that with Gregoire commiting to Denver UND can fill the last foward spot for 2007 with Nash. I don't know if UND has recruited Mike Connelly at all, but Chris did report that he dropped Wisconsin and is exploring other programs.

This is good news and Cichy is still 16/17 so he has at least a year and a half left of play. This opens up to probably one year in Junior A although there is still a possibility of the QMJHL. Chris also reported that Nash has narrowed his options to UND and Denver. Let's hope that with Gregoire commiting to Denver UND can fill the last foward spot for 2007 with Nash. I don't know if UND has recruited Mike Connelly at all, but Chris did report that he dropped Wisconsin and is exploring other programs.

I don't know how this whole thing works, but I'd rather get Nash and Toews before I'd think of Connelly.

With Gregoire committing to DU, I think that REALLY helps our chances with Nash. What surprises me is that Nash dropped Cornell from consideration. I thought he'd keep that avenue open longer.

Right off the Boston Junior Bruins wwebsite.....

CICHY BACK WITH BRUINS

Forward leaves NTDP; Reunites with B's

MARLBORO, MA-Former Junior Bruins forward Mike Cichy, a 1990 forward from New Hartford, CT, will be back in a Junior Bruins (EJHL) uniform today at practice and will be in the line-up this weekend as the Bruins travel to Burlington, Vermont for a series with the Glades.

Cichy, who had 122 points a year ago with the Junior Bruins (Empire) team, was with the US-NTDP U17 team since September

Wow that is a lot of points one year....

I agree that with Gregoire signing with DU, that certainly opens the door for Nash to fill the last 07 forward spot.

And then we can get Toews for 08. :)

What last forward spot??? We certainly don't need to fill a spot.

Even assuming we lose Oshie and Toews, we are currently sitting with 15 forwards. IF Nash were to come next year, it would imply that someone else is not coming. Bruneteau would be the most likely candidate, but the decision would come down to who was more ready for 2007, Bruneteau or Nash.

My biggest question is what is going to happen to Forney? Would he be better off in the USHL for a year? I don't know nor do I have any idea, but I don't think that this season is what we had in mind for our only big name recruit this season. Fortunately it looks like we did find a couple of quality players.