SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Anyone know who the recruit on the bench during warmups last night was? About the same height as Eades, short brown hair... I've got a picture, but I've got to figure out how to get it on here first :angry:

Perhaps it was a certain Goalie from the Alberta Junior Hockey League. The coaches know they have to address this position.

He sat right up by us with Mertens. It appears to be a goalie recruit Brad Eidsness from the Oktoks Oilers. Maybe the fans aren't the only ones worried about the goaltending.

Brad Eidsness

# GOALIE GP W L T G A PIM SO MP GA GAA SH SA SV%

29 Bradley Eidsness 32 14 8 1 0 1 2 3 1414 64 2.72 701 637 90.87

Did you get to talk to him at all? 5'11 still isn't huge, but taller than Phil, not sure how tall Walski is

EDIT: Same height as Walski

Brad Eidsness

Did you get to talk to him at all? 5'11 still isn't huge, but taller than Phil, not sure how tall Walski is

Yeah, he is the same height as Walski, I think maybe we should try to get some bigger goalies though.

If anyone cares there is a little comment on westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com for Murray committing, it is three articles down. Who knows why he choose Wisconsin, a lot might have had to do with his two linemates Stephan and Montpetit already going there. I wouldn't really consider this a loss because we should have some good forwards coming in for 08.

If anyone cares there is a little comment on westerncollegehockey.blogspot.com for Murray committing, it is three articles down. Who knows why he choose Wisconsin, a lot might have had to do with his two linemates Stephan and Montpetit already going there. I wouldn't really consider this a loss because we should have some good forwards coming in for 08.

I think it's more then likely that he comes in '09...wisconsin is loaded for forwards in '08.

No didn't get the chance. He doesn't have super stellar #'s but I also don't know much about that AJHL. Maybe Sioux Hab-It could help us on that?

The AJHL isn't typically as strong as the BCHL but it still produces some diamonds in the rough. More recent Sioux that come to mind were Roche and Commodore.

Leading goalie stats for the AJHL.

gaa save

Allen York 17 14 2.08 0.914

Keanan Boomer 21 15 2.29 0.905

Kieran Millan 17 12 2.35 0.931

Shannon Szabados 25 17 2.36 0.911

Chad Carder 15 8 2.54 0.906

So it appears that Bradley would be near the top of the league.

It appears that the AJHL isn't much of a defensive league because no one has gaudy defensive numbers.

Brad Eidsness

I think Bradley was the kid sitting in the stands in section 303 on saturday night, couldn't tell for sure because he had on a stocking cap. Also there was some tall lanky kid sitting next to him in a suit as well. Any clue who he might be. I was wondering if he is a shut down defenseman?

I think Bradley was the kid sitting in the stands in section 303 on saturday night, couldn't tell for sure because he had on a stocking cap. Also there was some tall lanky kid sitting next to him in a suit as well. Any clue who he might be. I was wondering if he is a shut down defenseman?

Maybe it wasn't a goalie after all. Did the shorter guy look more like the goalie or the guy in this link:

http://ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/rosters_profile....playerID=203542

Did the lanky guy look like the guy in this link:

http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/rosters_prof...playerID=226771

Maybe it wasn't a goalie after all. Did the shorter guy look more like the goalie or the guy in this link:

http://ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/rosters_profile....playerID=203542

Did the lanky guy look like the guy in this link:

http://www.ajhl.ab.ca/leagues/rosters_prof...playerID=226771

Possible both kids were around 18 all I rember was the shorter kid looked young and was wearing a stocking cap, if was obvious that they were checking out the place. In looking at their numbers we could use some of their offensive help.

Leading goalie stats for the AJHL.

gaa save

Allen York 17 14 2.08 0.914

Keanan Boomer 21 15 2.29 0.905

Kieran Millan 17 12 2.35 0.931

Shannon Szabados 25 17 2.36 0.911

Chad Carder 15 8 2.54 0.906

So it appears that Bradley would be near the top of the league.

It appears that the AJHL isn't much of a defensive league because no one has gaudy defensive numbers.

On behalf of the rest of the WCHA, I'd like to respectfully point out that he has worse stats than a girl.

On behalf of the rest of the WCHA, I'd like to respectfully point out that he has worse stats than a girl.

Yes but then consider that Eidness is younger and has a better GAA and save % than USHL goalies Kangas (minnesota recruit) Hogan (Michigan recruits) and Gundmandson (wiso recruit). And the USHL isn't a scoring league. Although it is up this year because of all the PP's. We'll leave the girl for Bucky.

My Guess would be Forney, since he didn't dress on Saturday. You would think a recruit would be with a current player watching the game. Also, player's that don't dress are always decked out in a suit. I would find it hard to believe that a recruit would be wearing a suit. But that's just me. Just a shot in the dark.

Brad Eidsness was not there on sat. night,not sure who those guys were but Eidsness was sitting up buy the press box on friday.