SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Was spotted at a Michigan Series. Michigan like UND is looking full for 2007. A pickup of Nash would elevate UND's 2007 class from very good to near the very top in college hockey.

with bishop gone, does that give us another spot if he wants to come in in 07? he would be a hell of a pick up and as you stated nami, boost the recruiting list near the top

anyone know if he has narrowed a list down of schools?

with bishop gone, does that give us another spot if he wants to come in in 07? he would be a hell of a pick up and as you stated nami, boost the recruiting list near the top

anyone know if he has narrowed a list down of schools?

IIRC, UND, Denver, Michigan, and Cornell (I believe that his brother is there playing Lacrosse, which he also plays).

IIRC, UND, Denver, Michigan, and Cornell (I believe that his brother is there playing Lacrosse, which he also plays).

The last I saw it was those four schools plus UNH. His brother Brendan is apparently having a strong season as a freshman defenseman at Cornell.

I haven't done one of these for awhile. Even with the loss of Bishop, UND is full for 2007, assuming everyone that can come, does. Some players (Bruneteau) may wait a year if we landed another elite recruit. Here are a few players the Sioux are / may be interested in. Bold is my guess that they will be a high NHL Draft pick. UND also has the tendency to get a player no one expects like Jonathon Toews.

2007:

Forwards:

Riley Nash

Jason Gregoire

Defense:

Not Likely

Goalie:

Not Likely

2008:

Forwards:

David Toews

Derek Lee

Joe Colborne

Drew LeBlanc

Justin Johnson

Cam Lamoreux

August Aiken

Travis Erstad

Stephan Novotny

Kelly Zajac

Defense:

Brett Kostolansky

Goalie:

Not Likely

Forwards:

See 2008 List

Defense:

Aaron Ness

Ben Hughes

Ben Montgomery

Yes, we have Brad Eidsness verbally committed for 2008. Siouxnami's list seems to have potential recruits other than the ones that we already have so that would be most likely why for goalie it says not likely for 2008.

Edit: AZ sioux beat me to it

I will say it again, though he's not bolded on siouxnami's list, but I'd love to see Stepan Novotny in a Sioux uniform.

For some reason (don't ask me why), players from the part of the woods Novotny is from (He's either from the Czech Republic) seem to have worked out recently. He's been scoring tons as of late and he's got decent size (6'1 190).

I'm not sure where CSS would put him if he was on their list though. Would he be listed under European or North American skaters?

I haven't done one of these for awhile. Even with the loss of Bishop, UND is full for 2007, assuming everyone that can come, does. Some players (Bruneteau) may wait a year if we landed another elite recruit. Here are a few players the Sioux are / may be interested in. Bold is my guess that they will be a high NHL Draft pick. UND also has the tendency to get a player no one expects like Jonathon Toews.

2007:

Forwards:

Riley Nash

Jason Gregoire

Defense:

Not Likely

Goalie:

Not Likely

2008:

Forwards:

David Toews

Derek Lee

Joe Colborne

Drew LeBlanc

Justin Johnson

Cam Lamoreux

August Aiken

Travis Erstad

Stephan Novotny

Kelly Zajac

Defense:

Brett Kostolansky

Goalie:

Not Likely

Forwards:

Aaron Ness

Defense:

Ben Hughes

Ben Montgomery

Where does all these players play? The ones you are listing. I know there is more Bruneteau's at Shattuck.

one of the Bruneteau's is a 8th grader on bantam A and a forward and the other a 9th grader at shattuck on bantam tier 1. f/d man. there numbers are just ok for their respective teams so far. many years to come at shattuck though

2007:

Forwards:

Riley Nash - Salmon Arm BCHL

Jason Gregoire - Lincoln USHL

Defense:

Not Likely

Goalie:

Not Likely

2008:

Forwards:

David Toews - Shattuck-St. Mary's

Derek Lee - Salmon Arm BCHL

Joe Colborne - Camrose AJHL

Drew LeBlanc - Hermantown

Justin Johnson - Eau Claire N WI

Cam Lamoreux - Drumheller AJHL - Uncle I think played at UND???

August Aiken - Salmon Arm BCHL

Travis Erstad - Stevens Point WI

Stephan Novotny - Shattuck-St. Mary's

Kelly Zajac - Salmon Arm BCHL

Defense:

Brett Kostolansky - Shattuck-St. Mary's

Goalie:

Not Likely

Forwards:

See 2008 List

Defense:

Aaron Ness - Roseau Dad played at UND

Ben Hughes - Shattuck-St. Mary's

Ben Montgomery - Shattuck-St. Mary's

Added Schools

I will say it again, though he's not bolded on siouxnami's list, but I'd love to see Stepan Novotny in a Sioux uniform.

For some reason (don't ask me why), players from the part of the woods Novotny is from (He's either from the Czech Republic) seem to have worked out recently. He's been scoring tons as of late and he's got decent size (6'1 190).

I'm not sure where CSS would put him if he was on their list though. Would he be listed under European or North American skaters?

That might work out well, but his numbers haven't been overwhelming at Shattuck. Keep in mind that Duncan would not have been bold, but he is a great college player.

That might work out well, but his numbers haven't been overwhelming at Shattuck. Keep in mind that Duncan would not have been bold, but he is a great college player.

i see sconnie got a great trio from shattuck. should give thme some nice offensive weapons in the next 2 years

http://members.aol.com/cheisenber/Recruit07.htm

off topic, anyone know if blake kessel is d-1 talent?? just saw his name and assuming its phils bro

Duncan scored a ton of goals when he was at Shattuck. I believe he outscored Toews, however, Toews was 15 and Duncan was 17 at the time.

If you want to watch any prospective Shattuck players including Toews, Novotny, and Blood, they're in Grand Forks this weekend. I myself haven't gotten the chance to see Novotny but only have read what is said in the blogs. Another interesting thing to watch from Shattuck would be that line that is all going to Wisconsin which includes Murray's brother.

i see sconnie got a great trio from shattuck. should give thme some nice offensive weapons in the next 2 years

http://members.aol.com/cheisenber/Recruit07.htm

off topic, anyone know if blake kessel is d-1 talent?? just saw his name and assuming its phils bro

Western College Hockey's 2007 Top Recruit blog Has Blake as indeed Phil's brother. He's a defenseman. Here's what Chris had to say:

Blake Kessel-Waterloo(USHL)-Phil's brother. Solid defender with pretty good offensive capabilities. Received interest from Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan, and New Hampshire.

• 2 weeks later...
WDAY news was in Moorhead for the Moorhead-Roseau game tonight and they said that Dave Hakstol and Don Lucia were in attendance.

I heard it got pretty ugly. Lucia told Hakstol to quit whining about the refs and Hakstol called Lucia arrogant.

Does anyone have any details about Gregoire's injury? All that I heard was that is was lower body, but he was out for an awful long time. Good to see him back though, 10 points in the 5 games he's played in this year (not sure if that counted last night's game) that is pretty good.

Is he still on everyone's radar, or will the injury set him back a year? Has he made any visits?