SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

So who gets to tell him, I mean coach Hakstol because he might not be very happy being left out of the loop on this one. :) Forney just needs to play kinda like Miller last year.

The thing is that Forney is more heralded than Miller. So maybe Forney is probably going to be considered a disappointment.

Don't know. Skille was supposed to be very good offensively as well coming in. He has been very good, but not as good as predicted.

Turris will be good, but will he alone make the class great? Who knows.

To be fair, though, I will say UW will finish in the top 10 for WCHA recruiting classes :)

Turris + McDonough is pretty good - I would take both

The thing is that Forney is more heralded than Miller. So maybe Forney is probably going to be considered a disappointment.

Forney had a pretty serious shoulder injury last spring that would have taken a lot of time to heal. We don't know how that might have affected his ability to prepare for this year, or how it may have affected his play this year. Maybe we're seeing some of that.

Forney had a pretty serious shoulder injury last spring that would have taken a lot of time to heal. We don't know how that might have affected his ability to prepare for this year, or how it may have affected his play this year. Maybe we're seeing some of that.

he is not even cracking the line up anymore. So he must be not practicing that well either. Too bad I expected he would have at least somewhat of an impact. I think our best freshman has been Chay Genoway.

So who gets to tell him, I mean coach Hakstol because he might not be very happy being left out of the loop on this one. :) Forney just needs to play kinda like Miller last year.

This is my hope as well, but I have to wonder if he wasn't physically ready, why did we bring him in? At least, in Miller's case, when he did come in we wasn't strait out of high school.

This is my hope as well, but I have to wonder if he wasn't physically ready, why did we bring him in? At least, in Miller's case, when he did come in we wasn't strait out of high school.

You could question whether Vande Velde was ready either but he played a year in the USHL. I expected he would have more of an impact as well. He seems to be playing better but just cannot get on the score sheet. He was an offensive force at Moorhead so his lack of a goal to this point surprises me.

You could question whether Vande Velde was ready either but he played a year in the USHL. I expected he would have more of an impact as well. He seems to be playing better but just cannot get on the score sheet. He was an offensive force at Moorhead so his lack of a goal to this point surprises me.

I think VV is going to be an impact player like a Goren or Genoway (1) next year or the year after.

VV definately has the skills to be a division star.

I think VV is going to be an impact player like a Goren or Genoway (1) next year or the year after.

VV definately has the skills to be a division star.

VV is snake bitten right now, but appears to be a good physical player. I suspect like Goran, he will just continue to get better.

VV is snake bitten right now, but appears to be a good physical player. I suspect like Goran, he will just continue to get better.

VV is a strong skater and I like the way that he hits. I suspect he could still score some goals he has been close a few times.

Zajac's goal against Frazee was awesome, so the grind line could start cashing in.

As I remember, the UND coaching staff was estatic when they signed VV because they got him before anyone else realized his potential. I think he will blossum, maybe not this year, but down the line theline.

Contrary to public belief the WCHA is a junior and senior dominated league for the most part.

Maybe its too much to expect some of these freshman to score 50 goals a season. :)

VV has shown glimsps of greatness. The bad part is he ussually follows it up with taking a penatly.

I think he will be a nice four year player that will start pumping in goals starting right now. :)

Contrary to public belief the WCHA is a junior and senior dominated league for the most part.

Maybe its too much to expect some of these freshman to score 50 goals a season. ???

VV has shown glimsps of greatness. The bad part is he ussually follows it up with taking a penatly.

I think he will be a nice four year player that will start pumping in goals starting right now. ;)

His penalties usually result in his attempts to play a more physical game.

I am wondering, for those who saw VV in Lincoln or at Moorhead how physical he was. If this is a relatively new aspect to his game (even if it started in Lincoln) that could explain why he's taking so many penalties.

And "so many" isn't that many. He's played really well as of late. The scoring will come in time.

Jason Gregoire to Denver...

Edit:

I've stated this before and I will again. Denver has the best 2007 class. Nothing wrong with ours at all, but hats of to Gwoz, he has a great class. Gregoire will be 2007 or 2008, I suspect this decision will be a factor of other pending commitments and how he recovers from his injury, which so far has been great.

This is a bigger recruiting loss than most of you realize. Gregoire is somewhere between Jon Toews and Colin Wilson in ability. He has not been ranked very high by the scouting services at this point in time because of his injury. Once they see some more games they'll realize he may have 1st round potential in the upcoming NHL draft.

This is a bigger recruiting loss than most of you realize. Gregoire is somewhere between Jon Toews and Colin Wilson in ability. He has not been ranked very high by the scouting services at this point in time because of his injury. Once they see some more games they'll realize he may have 1st round potential in the upcoming NHL draft.

oh well, cant get them all, move on. lets hope for nash!!

nash was a 4th round, 99th pick in the last csb rankings...so probably not

That's ok. I think Gregoire is good, but I think he's not a first round pick either. He could be a 2nd round pick, though.

That being said, he could be a "Gretzky special" and go something like 20+ spots ahead of where he should have been picked.