SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

His kid? You were talking about two different people....Morelli - which could refer to two people....Reggie or Matthew (who played for us at the late 80s - earlier 90s) and Izzy Marvin who is David Marvin. Unless you are trying to refer to Lee Marvin, who is David's nephew and son of Jon and Lori. Which person would you like me to refer to?

And how would how long I have been a fan have to do with anything...its called looking it up. For your information, I have been a UND fan since I was a child and I have been a huge hockey fan since I started at UND as a freshman, which was 7 years ago.

Has Matt's kid played here? No. That means it would have to be Reg's kid that played here though he was not good enough. There is only one Izzy Marvin so what is so hard to figure out? Are you still a freshman?

Almost in heaven, ur kind of a dbag. With all of your insider info and hockey knowledge, you must have ur finger on the pulse of this program. U must have been instrumental in the boys having a huge weekend. We are all so grateful (sarcasm laid on thick).

You nailed it...dbag all the way! :)

Almost in heaven, ur kind of a dbag. With all of your insider info and hockey knowledge, you must have ur finger on the pulse of this program. U must have been instrumental in the boys having a huge weekend. We are all so grateful (sarcasm laid on thick).

Talk about a !@#!$!. I am not the one here pretending to know everything, I'll leave that up to all the arm chair coaches here. I pointed out some facts and you get your panties in a knot. Who has the real problem? With people, like many of the posters here, I am embarassed to having once been a fan. I am !@#!$! because I have, and know, some people connected to the program directly and most of you never have seems to make people jealous that they have never known their idols. That is what is said. This forum is to talk about Sioux hockey. It was pointed out that UND does not recruit based on lineage and I asked how two guys would have ever played here without it. So I am the bad guy? You people really need to get a life.

Yep, their called legacy recruits. And unfortunately, recruiting is an inexact science. Not everyone ends up being Zach Parise. Some guys are not destined to be superstars. That's life champ.

Now you got anymore big insider info for us? You must already have line charts for Friday in Alaska, right bud?

Talk about a !@#!$!. I am not the one here pretending to know everything, I'll leave that up to all the arm chair coaches here. I pointed out some facts and you get your panties in a knot. Who has the real problem? With people, like many of the posters here, I am embarassed to having once been a fan. I am !@#!$! because I have, and know, some people connected to the program directly and most of you never have seems to make people jealous that they have never known their idols. That is what is said. This forum is to talk about Sioux hockey. It was pointed out that UND does not recruit based on lineage and I asked how two guys would have ever played here without it. So I am the bad guy? You people really need to get a life.

The phrase "having once been a fan" to me suggests you have an axe to grind. Perhaps you know somebody who has an axe to grind because they didn't get enough playing time or something when either of those guys was here. Also, just because you say it is fact, does not make it so. If you indeed have an axe to grind, then your perspective could be quite skewed.

The phrase "having once been a fan" to me suggests you have an axe to grind. Perhaps you know somebody who has an axe to grind because they didn't get enough playing time or something when either of those guys was here. Also, just because you say it is fact, does not make it so. If you indeed have an axe to grind, then your perspective could be quite skewed.

Just do not care anymore. No axe to grind and I wish them nothing but the best. Prefer to look at things from an impartial view instead of a tainted one.

Yep, their called legacy recruits. And unfortunately, recruiting is an inexact science. Not everyone ends up being Zach Parise. Some guys are not destined to be superstars. That's life champ.

Now you got anymore big insider info for us? You must already have line charts for Friday in Alaska, right bud?

I thought you guys were the experts on lines?

Nothing I posted was not common knowledge. A lot of people, and I mean a lot, could have said the same thing on who was related to who and who came here because of their name. Since at the time Morelli and Marvin played here everyone made comments on why they were here. So nothing new there.

There is only one Izzy Marvin so what is so hard to figure out? Are you still a freshman?

You nailed it...dbag all the way! :)

Please keep it about the Sioux recruits and avoid attacking other posters.

Man, you are so advanced because you've heard the old adage "it's not what you know, but who you know that matters".

Congrats! Welcome to being over 9 years old.

Hey jimdahl what about this? Does this poster get a reprimand?

One last try at a general reminder -- everyone stop with the off-topic attacking each other and complaining about other posters (reports can be submitted with the report button and moderation can be discussed in the admin forum) and keep it about recruits.

http://www.yorkregion.com/sports/local/article/1252674--caggiula-commits-to-north-dakota

These days, the 17-year-old Stouffville Spirit forward is glad he learned of the hockey alternative after verbally accepting a full scholarship offer from the University of North Dakota. He intends to sign on the dotted line when the official spring signing period arrives in April.

“It’s awesome,” Caggiula said Monday. “Back when I played minor midget it was all about the OHL and I was excited about it.

“But I got exposed to some NCAA schools after some of my friends took that route and they informed me about it. I liked the lifestyle and figured I would give it a try.”

Visiting the Grand Forks, N.D., school last weekend, Caggiula met with members of the hockey club and their coaching staff.

It was there when Caggiula was given the offer to accept the scholarship package, which can begin next fall or the year after.

One last try at a general reminder -- everyone stop with the off-topic attacking each other and complaining about other posters (reports can be submitted with the report button and moderation can be discussed in the admin forum) and keep it about recruits.

I think you have a few here that are here with the sole intention of riling people up and serve this forum no purpose.

Looks like a good recruit maybe it will open up the door for more recruits up his way and yes leave the jersey pop in Canada.

Come on, the jersey popping is cool. When I am at work and send out a good e-mail I run around my cubicle popping my sweater vest. :D

Kidding of course, I am firm believer in "Sioux (players & fans) don't jersey pop".

• 2 weeks later...

Any Minnesota High School players that are on UND's radar? Its weird that none of our committed players are current HS players.

The reason none of our committed players are Mn High School recruits is that all the eligible upper classman are leaving school. I think their is something like 18 hs seniors playing their hockey in the ushl, dev. team in Ann Arbor, or Canadian Junior Leagues ( ex. Mario Lucia, BCHL). From what I understand their is only like 3 seniors in the state committed to D1 schools still playing hs hockey. This is considered a weak senior class from all accounts. It sounds like the next great class is this years soph., Class of 2013. Especially in the metro where some of the powerhouse programs are relying heavily on underclassman to lead the way.

The reason none of our committed players are Mn High School recruits is that all the eligible upper classman are leaving school. I think their is something like 18 hs seniors playing their hockey in the ushl, dev. team in Ann Arbor, or Canadian Junior Leagues ( ex. Mario Lucia, BCHL). From what I understand their is only like 3 seniors in the state committed to D1 schools still playing hs hockey. This is considered a weak senior class from all accounts. It sounds like the next great class is this years soph., Class of 2013. Especially in the metro where some of the powerhouse programs are relying heavily on underclassman to lead the way.

name some of those sophs we could be looking @