SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

mariucci was "whining" back in the 60s? you cant appreciate a coach trying to build hockey in the US with US players? instead- his legacy to you is he was "whining" about coaches filling up ncaa teams with canadian players??

north dakotans fall over themselves when a local kid has passion for the sioux. same in MN- it just happens more often. if north dakota had enough talent to fill up the siouxs roster with north dakotas- and compete at a very high level- im sure youd take pride in that.. as a north dakotan.

Never could appreciate the guy. Whined for years like a little kid. If the WCHA schools did not go to Canada in those days the Gophers would have had no one to play. Again, Renfrew started it, another hallowed Big 10 first and MacInnis, Bessone, and Armstrong along with UND followed in order to have enough players to have a team. U of M should be grateful to all those schools for playing them.

Sorry about that. My responce was to a responce which was to a statement about LaDue playing for UND. Since his grandfather is a major donor he should get an offer here. Or don't you know who his grandfather is?

I don't know, or care who his grandfather is personally. I do think it's a really off base statement to suggest Paul should, or did, get an offer because of who his grandfather is.

Sorry about that. My responce was to a responce which was to a statement about LaDue playing for UND. Since his grandfather is a major donor he should get an offer here. Or don't you know who his grandfather is?

Uh, to tie a offer to whether or not your relative donates money is an NCAA violation. His offer would be tied to how well he plays, not money.

Uh, to tie a offer to whether or not your relative donates money is an NCAA violation. His offer would be tied to how well he plays, not money.

And, of course, it is contingent on academic eligibility. Something that may get more sunshine in future recruiting efforts, I suspect.

Then how did Morelli get to play here? Or Izzy "Gonna cough up the puck again" Marvin?

Hahahaha.....calling a spade a spade. Jordan Parise was your average USHL goaltender, who just happened to end up at UND. Take nothing away from Jordan, the kid played lights out in the net for UND, and won them some hockey games they probably shouldn't have won (darn near won them a national championship). But I think we all know how/why he ended up in a Sioux uniform. :lol:

Hahahaha.....calling a spade a spade. Jordan Parise was your average USHL goaltender, who just happened to end up at UND. Take nothing away from Jordan, the kid played lights out in the net for UND, and won them some hockey games they probably shouldn't have won (darn near won them a national championship). But I think we all know how/why he ended up in a Sioux uniform. :lol:

He was way better than he was ever expected to be.

Then how did Morelli get to play here? Or Izzy "Gonna cough up the puck again" Marvin?

Morrelli played for the Sioux in the late 50s before the NCAA got stricter about those things. And again, Izzy played for us in the late 1980s before the NCAA got stricter about those things.

And Wilbur, I am slightly confused? Are you trying to say that the Parises paid UND to get Jordan here or that they made Zach's commitment contigent on Jordan being recruited? Either way, not the same situation as making a recruitment contigent on donations.

Morrelli played for the Sioux in the late 50s before the NCAA got stricter about those things. And again, Izzy played for us in the late 1980s before the NCAA got stricter about those things.

And Wilbur, I am slightly confused? Are you trying to say that the Parises paid UND to get Jordan here or that they made Zach's commitment contigent on Jordan being recruited? Either way, not the same situation as making a recruitment contigent on donations.

How short of time have you been a fan? I was talking about his kid who played here.

What were they doing?

Being servicable to solid role players. Just like guys like Ryan Martens, or Tom Benson, or Mike LaMoine, or Mario Lamoureux (some legacies, some not).

UND's team style needs those guys. And if you can get them to come in with little to no scholarship impact, isn't that a good thing?