SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Guertler, Cammaratta, and Fasching all committing in a short time frame is as good a recruiting run as I've ever seen the Gophers have. But you're exactly right, what matters is how long they stick around and how much they develop.

I think the only person out of those three that you have to worry about leaving early after 1 or 2 years is Fasching.

He did have a few not so nice things to say about Forbort leaving which is wrong in my view u should be wishing him luck and thanking him for what he has done for u in High School of course it sucks kids leave early but that's the way it goes. Totally not a cool move on the coaches part and hold that against UND and not allowing his own son or anyone else on the team to chase they're dream and move to develop is totally wrong.

Guertler, Cammaratta, and Fasching all committing in a short time frame is as good a recruiting run as I've ever seen the Gophers have. But you're exactly right, what matters is how long they stick around and how much they develop.

That's kind of my point. I think people don't remember how great they thought such and such would be. I am certain that people thought Seth Ambroz would be the cream of this years rookie crop. I would bet that people were pretty excited about getting him to commit approximately the same time as Bjugstad and Marshall. What about Kessel, Wheeler and R.J. Anderson? R.J. Anderson had just as much high expectation as Brian Lee did here. Cammaratta is the only one of the three that has distinguished himself as the go-to guy on his team at the USHL level so far. True, Guertler is young, but so is Cammaratta and Luke Johnson. The potential is there from all those players, but they all need to develop at the level they are at to hope to be impact players in college. We have seen a ton of those players like Danny Mattson and Michael Fink that seemed like great recruits but who didn't even end up on the team that recruited them because their development ended in the USHL.

He did have a few not so nice things to say about Forbort leaving which is wrong in my view u should be wishing him luck and thanking him for what he has done for u in High School of course it sucks kids leave early but that's the way it goes. Totally not a cool move on the coaches part and hold that against UND and not allowing his own son or anyone else on the team to chase they're dream and move to develop is totally wrong.

To be fair, he might have been over that shortly after he let his thoughts be known on it. Who knows, maybe he regrets letting his emotions get away from him.

No kidding. Kids are either going to get pushed back, or not happy with playing time because they'll be on the 4th line. Lucia must be expecting some early departures. Considering most of the recruits they've gotten lately are the same age, and pretty much all forwards.

Well Bjugstad is gone after this year for sure. It all comes down to some of the other guys decisions on the team. But it is true that Lucia has A LOT of forward commits that are considered blue chip recruits for the next couple seasons. The guys that i'm excited to see play are the Reilly brothers.

Well Bjugstad is gone after this year for sure. It all comes down to some of the other guys decisions on the team. But it is true that Lucia has A LOT of forward commits that are considered blue chip recruits for the next couple seasons. The guys that i'm excited to see play are the Reilly brothers.

Serious? You're the first Gopher fan I've ever heard list them. Well, the twins at least, heard good things about the younger one.

Serious? You're the first Gopher fan I've ever heard list them. Well, the twins at least, heard good things about the younger one.

They're putting up a ton of points in the BCHL.

That said, put Wilbur and I on a line together in the BCHL and we'd both be averaging over 2pts a game. They forget to play defense up there.

They're putting up a ton of points in the BCHL.

That said, put Wilbur and I on a line together in the BCHL and we'd both be averaging over 2pts a game. They forget to play defense up there.

I understand what you mean here but I think the more intelligent fans realize what the BCHL can mean. Laleggia for example. If you don't know who that is then please refrain from pathetic comment.

I understand what you mean here but I think the more intelligent fans realize what the BCHL can mean. Laleggia for example. If you don't know who that is then please refrain from pathetic comment.

You're giving a lecture to brianvf on intelligence? I laughed out loud.

In general, the teams in the BCHL are weaker than USHL teams. The depth of players and teams in that league is not as good, which allows for better offensive numbers from that league. There are good players that come from that league, because you can find good players in just about any league. But it's a weaker league than the USHL.

If you understand what I mean with my joking comment, then why call it "pathetic"?

Of course I know who Laleggia is...I've watched all the DU games that have been televised on FSN and have seen that he is a special player. But everyone knew that prior to him arriving at DU.

That said, any "intelligent" fan would also realize that the BCHL has NEVER been known as a defensive league. Gifted offensive players always put up huge point totals in that league...some of them pan out in college hockey, others not so much.

Doesn't mean there isn't a bunch of really good players in the BCHL, just that it isn't as lock down on defense as the USHL. Ryan Reilly is a perfect example. Last year he had 5 goals 9 assists in 42 games, so far this year he has 21 goals 22 assists in 35 games. True, he is a year older, but I think part of the difference is the league.

You're giving a lecture to brianvf on intelligence? I laughed out loud.

In general, the teams in the BCHL are weaker than USHL teams. The depth of players and teams in that league is not as good, which allows for better offensive numbers from that league. There are good players that come from that league, because you can find good players in just about any league. But it's a weaker league than the USHL.

Agree. However, Connor Reilly has a point more than Mario Lucia, and there isn't much debate on how good of a prospect he is. Ryan Reilly won't see a lot of ice time at Minnesota, but Connor and Mike are pretty talented players IMO.

Agree. However, Connor Reilly has a point more than Mario Lucia, and there isn't much debate on how good of a prospect he is. Ryan Reilly won't see a lot of ice time at Minnesota, but Connor and Mike are pretty talented players IMO.

Yes, I knew one of the twins was better than the other, just didn't want to mix it up out loud on the internet and get ripped on lol. Mike's the gem of the three though. Lucia needs to put on some weight. He's skinny. That's why I laughed at a comment on USCHO that said he won't go to college and will make the MN Wild out of camp next year.

Maybe this has been discussed at length, but alas, I've been negligent of this board for a while:

There has to be some rumor of of McMillan's older brother coming to UND but after reading the article USCHO put out about why he left SCSU... I'm thinking him coming to UND would be hypocritical.

Mitch (IIRC that's his name) wants ice time. He's not going to get that guarantee from any top tier WCHA team. He won't get it from any HEA team either. If he wants guaranteed ice time, then the best options would be:

1. Cellar dwellars like MSUM or BGSU

2. AHA

3. Division III

4. Club Hockey

He won't get that guarantee at UND and he may not play any more than he did at SCSU.

Maybe this has been discussed at length, but alas, I've been negligent of this board for a while:

There has to be some rumor of of McMillan's older brother coming to UND but after reading the article USCHO put out about why he left SCSU... I'm thinking him coming to UND would be hypocritical.

Mitch (IIRC that's his name) wants ice time. He's not going to get that guarantee from any top tier WCHA team. He won't get it from any HEA team either. If he wants guaranteed ice time, then the best options would be:

1. Cellar dwellars like MSUM or BGSU

2. AHA

3. Division III

4. Club Hockey

He won't get that guarantee at UND and he may not play any more than he did at SCSU.

I don't understand why people assume Mitch would be coming here. In fact, I'd prefer he didn't. If he can't get playing time at SCSU, he's not going to get any at UND, or a lot of other schools in our league. He clearly wasn't willing to work harder to get ice time at SCSU, and that just spells bad work ethic, and that's not going to fly here.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand why people assume Mitch would be coming here. In fact, I'd prefer he didn't. If he can't get playing time at SCSU, he's not going to get any at UND, or a lot of other schools in our league. He clearly wasn't willing to work harder to get ice time at SCSU, and that just spells bad work ethic, and that's not going to fly here.

I agree.

I think Conner will be one and done if even attends Minnesota. Ripping up the BCHL right now

I think Conner will be one and done if even attends Minnesota. Ripping up the BCHL right now

Not a chance. Ripping up the BCHL is nothing to go straight to the NHL about. Kid's not even drafted. Look at past kids on the Sioux that have ripped up the BCHL. Most were in college at least 3 years.