SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I assume NCAA has rules and limits on scholarships. If I win the lottery and offer to Hakstol that I would give a player a private scholarship, would that be a rule violation? Or will it just need to be very covert.

That would be a major NCAA violation unless you are a close relative. Relatives can pay for school and the player would be considered a walk-on.

Is UND recruiting Ryan Norman (SSM)? I have heard a ton on him however I can't find any link verifiyng commitment other than a Goofer website noting he is a recruit (which I am guessing means he's verbally accepted). I didn't know his pops played in GF.

Is UND recruiting Ryan Norman (SSM)? I have heard a ton on him however I can't find any link verifiyng commitment other than a Goofer website noting he is a recruit (which I am guessing means he's verbally accepted). I didn't know his pops played in GF.

He is a Gopher committ so I would say no. I think I read something when he committed that he was a Gopher fan and I don't know if it mentioned if the Sioux were in on him or not.

Correct. Yon visited, but UND has not yet offered. Nice player though.

Yep I asked Schloss about him in the Herald chat and he said Yon has visited a couple times but no offer yet. I kinda wonder if Hak wants to see him against USHL competition before an offer but he is definitely a good player.

Yep I asked Schloss about him in the Herald chat and he said Yon has visited a couple times but no offer yet. I kinda wonder if Hak wants to see him against USHL competition before an offer but he is definitely a good player.

I believe his dad played for the gophers, so I would think that if he impresses in the USHL, they would have the inside track on him, but who knows.

I am bummed about Archibald. Kid turned out into a heck of a player at UNO. He's having a very good season...we could use his goal scoring!

UND did scout him and he had a terrible game with a coach there. I think UNO offered before UND got a second look.