SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Corban Knight would be a great pick up as he was one of the top Midget AAA players in Western Canada. In fact I recall him being the MVP of the prestigious Mac Midget tournament. He could have gone the Major route but has obviously decided to go the NCAA route.

Are the Sioux looking at anyone on Moorhead, Roseau or Warroad?

They will be in town soon and would like to check out any possible recruits.

Not sure if they are but some guys to watch include Roseau- JR. F Adam Knochemus, SR. D Ryan Weston. Warroad- JR. F Brett Hebel JR. F Brock Nelson.

i almost want to say there was another one as well...but tough to say. he was on the bench with the coaches during warm ups.

Damn. For a young hockey player to be on the Sioux bench before a gopher game looking up at a juiced-up crowd at that rink must be a goose-bumpy experience. Then a game like that. Tough recruitment to match for UMass.

FS92-

I agree that the sig is a bit big...

As for Clarke, he was a big time defensive prospect. A lot of hype behind him, though what for I'm not sure. I guess he was projected or is projected to be a top defensive prospect for the NHL Draft year that he's eligible for.

He committed to UND and joined the Fargo Force. I don't recall if he ever played a single game for the Force, but he bolted for the Q.

Personally, I wasn't all that surprised that he bolted. When he committed there weren't a lot of "experts" that said he'd be going to college route. I wonder if he committed just to ensure that he had a fall back plan if the MJ team that held his rights wasn't who he wanted to play for or didn't offer the package he wanted.

I joined the forum well after the "Garrett Clarke Saga." But, I am just curious to know what everyone in hear had to say about it.

Clarke was in discussions with Lewiston (the team he currently plays for in the Q) before he committed to UND. He then commits to UND, the Fargo Force draft him, and that weekend he was supposed to attend the Fargo Force summer camp and instead showed up at the QMJHL draft. To dramatize it, no one knew he was going to be there and right as Lewiston drafts him he comes walking out of the tunnel at the arena. It was obvious that the only reason he ever committed to UND was to use it as a positioning tool so he could be drafted by the QMJHL team that gave him and his family the best deal. Hakstol and Blais were used.

Clarke was in discussions with Lewiston (the team he currently plays for in the Q) before he committed to UND. He then commits to UND, the Fargo Force draft him, and that weekend he was supposed to attend the Fargo Force summer camp and instead showed up at the QMJHL draft. To dramatize it, no one knew he was going to be there and right as Lewiston drafts him he comes walking out of the tunnel at the arena. It was obvious that the only reason he ever committed to UND was to use it as a positioning tool so he could be drafted by the QMJHL team that gave him and his family the best deal. Hakstol and Blais were used.

Same story, different school basically.

A few players have done that in the past. And Clarke won't be the last either.