SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Forbort is the real deal and we're lucky to be getting him at UND.

he sure is and i would also throw danny mattson in that category as well - 6gp 7-13=20 for mattson early on. he is gona be a playmaker for the sioux. great news on forbort making that team

I'm not sure who was recruiting Cichy. To me, he looks like another VV. Ok offensively, but not flashy.

I know we beat out MJ to sign him. He also has a pretty well rounded game.

I'm not sure he's necessarily a blue chipper, but he'll be plenty good for the Sioux.

I think Kristo was the highly sought after recruit.

I seem to recall it being a pretty big deal that we landed Cichy. I don't remember what other schools were after him, but I do know that his major junior team really wanted him and kept after him even after he signed. I am not sure I would agree with the VV comparison. I would put him more in the Gregoire category. Well rounded, but with the ability to score goals. Look at his stats this year, even on a very poor team. He out performed Kristo at the junior tournament earlier this year as well. I think those two will have a very short transition into WCHA hockey and should have great freshmen years.

If where they are from is any indicator at all on future commitments, then I'd guess Nick Shore is choosing between CC and DU.

I'd love to land Etem, though.

Anyone know anything about Tinordi or Balisy? For some reason Balisy's name rings a bell. MJ perhaps? I dunno.

I wonder if Tinordi is related to former NHL player Mark Tinordi?

Anyone know anything about Michael Parks? According to Chris Heisenberg's recruit page he has committed to the Sioux.

I'd never heard of him, but I found this in the USHR.com archives (June 25, 2008 Midweek Update from Select 16's):

Michael Parks (#14 White/St. Louis Blues AAA) has been a revelation. He simply drives through traffic to the net