SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Iowa @ UND 10/19/24

SiouxFan100

7 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

With UND's inability to play well on the road and not being able to move the ball through the air consistently wouldn't say either of the next 2 games are automatic wins.

Yep, one of those games will be a four quarter game...or nail biter. We are not the same team on the road. Hoping we can channel our strong play from Iowa St. on the road against YSU.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

exactly....if brockstar was used as a change of pace why not jerry?  better thrower and by the looks of it might have same ore better speed than brock...not sure about the wiggle/shiftyish but wth....remember what brock did against shsu (iirc) when we needed a big play?

While I don’t disagree with the idea, I don’t think he quite has what Brock had for running ability.

Take a look at what SDSU is doing with #7. Can keep both QBs on the field at once. 

13 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

While I don’t disagree with the idea, I don’t think he quite has what Brock had for running ability.

Take a look at what SDSU is doing with #7. Can keep both QBs on the field at once. 

Agreed.  Plenty of teams being successful with two QBs.  

A few teams in the polls ahead of UND lost. And UND 2 losses are to a top 10 undefeated FBS Iowa State and #1 NDSU (most likely) 1 loss and undefeated against FCS team. Need to find a way to win these roads games coming up to keep up with this and steal atleast 1 of the 2 home games against the Lower Dakota teams who will most likely be top 5 yet at time of game.

• Upvote 2

I liked the youth at WR yesterday.  

I liked 98 getting reps at DE yesterday.  Has a good motor and made some nice plays in the backfield and retracing on screens.  

Great job by the team and coaches to get out and win a game the way they should.  Need to find a way to get these next two on the road.  

• Upvote 4

Youngstown State is one of the better road wins we've had. I was there two years ago when their team was good (believe they were among first out) and we beat them with a blocked punt for a TD. Outdoors and crowd was nothing that really gave them much of a home field advantage, although it is the largest stadium the conference. Quirky that their claim to fame is their stadium is the tallest in FCS. Tailgating was fun and very friendly but we were warned about not parking in some areas around the field (for security reasons).

19 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Deng Deng played a ton of snaps yesterday. Are they still going to redshirt him? If so, what other 2 games is he going to play in? 

I always thought you play him in the 3 Dakota games and then Northern Iowa. Turned out he got in against Murray and not at NDSU but I think you keep him now until the SD schools come up. Unless something’s going to change with how they use him, seems pointless to pull it but then again this day and age may as well play them while you have them!

9 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

My only complaints are pretty minor

• would have been nice to have a shutout.. blitz didnt get home.. middle was open.. CB was a little behind.
  • would have liked to see Kaminsky in one series sooner.
  • seem to have perfected the 2 yd crossing pattern.

This describes most of our defensive problems this year (and the last several years).

On 10/19/2024 at 12:11 PM, Siouxperman8 said:

good luck and I hope you're feeling better.

I'm on the IL too and will miss the game.   Broke my arm and had surgery Wednesday.  Listed as probable for next home game.

NIU always scares me.  They are usually loaded with athletes.  Question is if they get their sh!t together.

Hope you're both doing better!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I was in the hospital from Friday night through Sunday afternoon. On Saturday, I had a procedure done to put a stent in my left ureteral tube, which is the tube that connects my left kidney to my bladder (my kidney stone is wedged in there). On November 1st, I am having the infernal thing removed. Until this is over, I cannot lift heavy objects (no lifting more than 10-15 pounds) or engage in strenuous physical activity. My pain right now is no more than some mild discomfort and I have pain meds to take as needed. Overall, I am very fortunate that I had the pain I did or I wouldn't even know the stone was there.

God Speed.

• Like 1