SiouxSports.com Forum

Bengals vs Hawks Sept 14, 2024

Nodak78

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

no clue what is going on here......off by how many yards?

dont think it was tipped considering the trajectory of the football off his hands is "off....alot"

Screenshot 2024-09-14 9.56.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-14 9.56.04 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-14 9.55.47 PM.png

Your bitching on a great win.  Take breath and step back we are on the move.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Yes, he missed some easy throws. We get it. Still had more passing yards than any game last season and on 65.7%. Personally, I think he can correct some things and make those throws he missed. You seem to want him to fail for whatever reason. 

haha....yeah want him to fail.....

you must be new to und football for the last 20 some years....

if it ain't the defense....it's the offense....no offense....have a defense....special teams have sucked since the guy left for Bismark and kostitch took over....(seen improvements this year tho....a little).....

I do think we could do some fun stuff this year with a vertical passing game to go with the intermediate and the rb's and wr's and the online is geling....

the defense is playing as a team and looking like defense of old under bubba (d2 bubba)....Craig o is a mean sob...linebackers looking good so far.......

the most important position in football is the QB and after 3 games we don't have one......just imo but if he keeps winning he'll keep the other qb's on the bench I guess

37 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

haha....yeah want him to fail.....

you must be new to und football for the last 20 some years....

if it ain't the defense....it's the offense....no offense....have a defense....special teams have sucked since the guy left for Bismark and kostitch took over....(seen improvements this year tho....a little).....

I do think we could do some fun stuff this year with a vertical passing game to go with the intermediate and the rb's and wr's and the online is geling....

the defense is playing as a team and looking like defense of old under bubba (d2 bubba)....Craig o is a mean sob...linebackers looking good so far.......

the most important position in football is the QB and after 3 games we don't have one......just imo but if he keeps winning he'll keep the other qb's on the bench I guess

Simon is a very good QB.  We have the best OC in the MVFC.  Relax OC has this Jerry is going to love playing for him.

48 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

jerry.....

Serious questions... do you think this O line would give Jerry the pass protection he needs to do what you want? They have been good at run blocking, but even with Romfo (who can run well) when that pocket collapsed, it happened fast. Do Jerry have the ability and the mentality to escape fast AND make something happen? I have no doubt that with time he has the stronger (and maybe the more accurate) arm, but is the level of maturity and smarts there? Whatever the answer, he needs to at least get some game reps over the next two weeks (assuming we are in control of both games late.

50 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

My thoughts:

- I said this week that teams like SDSU and NDSU would not be contemplating if we should win this game, but that it should be a blow out. If we want to be in that conversation, that is what we need to achieve. Mission accomplished (this week, at least)! Still need to keep it rolling, but this is exactly how you should win against Idaho St, after upsetting the #4 team in the country.

- No! Romfo is not the most amazing QB to ever play the game. Some of those throws were absolutely horrific. That being said, he still won a blowout game, and his numbers were better than we are used to seeing at UND. ISU was going to shut down the run, which they did for quite a while forcing UND to throw, and it worked. Again, Romfo is not going to be Arch Manning but he did what was needed and certainly improved over the past two weeks; more improvement still needed!

@SIOUXFAN97 I get your frustrating with wanting a gunslinger and hoping that is Jerry, but your efforts to point out every one of Simon's shortcomings completely ignore many of the positives that have happened. Great at running, has improved week over week. 2-1 with a loss to Iowa St. Upset the Grizz. Dominated Idaho St. ..... I'm not saying he is the answer, but what are you going to say when Jerry gets in and rifles three INTs? Not saying that is going to happen, and I'm pulling for Jerry as much as the next guy.

I will say, I thought it was ridiculous to not get Jerry in for the full fourth quarter to get some meaningful reps. I understand that if you think Simon is your guy, you need to get him reps as well, as he is still new to leading the college offense, but the opportunity was there to build depth through experience, and as we have seen over the years, UND coaches did not take it. Should be some opportunities over the next two week, so hopefully there is some consideration of this.

- We have a embarrassment of riches at RB right now. Z, Smith, Seidel all look great. Throw Hunt into the mix, as he has certainly made the most of his opportunities both last year and this year. I think you have to find a way to get him on the field as well. Excited to see what Brunell can bring to the group.

- Bo is Bo!

- Love the defensive pressure! Happy to see Hembry get that INT.

- Rucker is a machine and is only going to get better.

- I was a little frustrated that we went pass heavy, especially in the second half, but as UNDFootball360 pointed out, they were stacking the box and making it tough to go up the middle. That being said, I thought some of the situational calls were questionable. You can still run up the middle on 3rd and 4 on their half of the field. Get 2 or 3 ... you always have Q to help convert, and we know that is reliable.

- Interesting comments questioning why Q isn't our running QB. He is big and slow. Great for a short yardage conversion but isn't going to be a Romfo or Cam Miller type player. He knows his roll, owns it, and does what is asked of him. If there are questions around how we are using him, I'd ask why we don't throw it to him a bit more.

- Amazed by some of the complaints on here after we followed up a huge upset, with a dominant win. A win where we left no doubt, but still showed room for improvement. This team has plenty to cleanup, meaning even with the upset and the blowout this week, we aren't even close to our ceiling.

- I'm not even close to crowning these guys champions, but they definitely show potential and are intriguing. Is our ranking warranted ... maybe? Too soon to tell. Let's take care of business the next two weeks and head into Fargo with momentum. Defend last year's win and take advantage of a team that, to be honest, got pretty lucky late today. That would have been a huge upset against the Bison, and something they are not used to seeing.

Fun season! LFG!

IMO, the defense carried the team today.  They gave the offense a short field twice and scored 7 points.  I was really concerned about the OLB position coming into the season.  But, they have really stepped it up.  They are fun to watch play right now. 

• Upvote 2

Good win. Took care of business. 
Defense is playing with some serious fire most of the game. There seems to be  competition amongst themselves and the intensity is very high. Way more pressure at the line the last two games than all of last year. The takeaways including pick 6 and two strip sacks are game changing plays. I do not like to see letting off the pressure and definitely some complacency that let to Idaho State scores but overall good. 50, 23, 27, 90, maybe a few more I missed and all the linebackers were really rolling. Average opponent at best but still a great win.