SiouxSports.com Forum

Griz vs UND Sept 7

Nodak78

I have to be honest. This time last week I was convinced we would lose by three scores to Montana. Now if we can run the ball like we did against ISU and clean a few things up I think we have a real shot. Should be an awesome tailgate and atmosphere!

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, ND1 said:

close to a sell out expected...6pm start, home opener, live bands in the tailgate parking lot before, fireworks show afterwards.  The Al will be rocking!

Whether it stays rocking depends on what happens on the field. This is a great opportunity to get people excited about the program.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Not a crazy amount of tickets left on Ticketmaster. With a decent walk-up crowd, it could sell out. 

there is a TON of tickets left...you have to remember that the majority of the tickets on the home side of the field are season ticket holders, and of those, a lot choose not to attend..not sure why.

4 minutes ago, 1972 said:

there is a TON of tickets left...you have to remember that the majority of the tickets on the home side of the field are season ticket holders, and of those, a lot choose not to attend..not sure why.

Not sure I'm following. I understand that we don't know if a season ticket holder will actually show up or not, but those tickets are sold. Taking out the student section, what I'm most interested in is how many seats are being held that will eventually be released (opponent tickets for example). 

Sell a few hundred this week and a few hundred walk-ups and it should be pretty full. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 1972 said:

a lot less than there typically are left. season ticket holders are more likely to attend a the first home game of the year and more likely to attend a game vs Montana instead of someone like Drake...  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, AJS said:

I understand that we don't know if a season ticket holder will actually show up or not, but those tickets are sold.

tix sold vs butts in seats is a big difference..and unfortunatly, UND hasnt figured out how to make that work better.

On 9/2/2024 at 9:30 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

Big opportunity. Need to win the line of scrimmage, capitalize in the red zone when on offense, and win the turnover battle. Certainly possible for UND to pull out the win given their history in the Alerus. 

Could really set the tone for the season.

We would have all like to see a W in Ames, but it was better than I expected given the departures we had (players and coaches). It certainly wasn't an embarrassing loss like we saw against Utah, Washington and a few others. First play of the game was just plain luck to make that catch in solid double coverages; which set them up for the quick score. Would have been nice to have a TD on that long 2nd Q drive. I wish we had kept running up the gut instead of passing in the red zone; could have made it close enough to go for it on 4th. Then the missed pass to Nate D. was disappointing. A few mistakes and place were the turning point in this game. 

Next week will tell us more, but could be an interesting season. Nice to see UND sustain some drives when they had the ball rather than the quick 3 and outs.