SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Iowa State 8/31/24

SiouxFan100

On 8/21/2024 at 3:22 PM, forksandspoons said:

I believe Iowa State's starting OL will look something like this. Some of the backups are even larger. 

LT - James Neal - R-Jr. 6'6", 330lbs

LG - Jarrod Hufford - R-Sr. 6'5", 320lbs

C - Jim Bonifas - R-Jr. 6'5", 315lbs

RG - Deylin Hasert - R-So. 6'4", 315lbs

RT - Tyler Miller - R-Sr. 6'9", 330lbs

At least we have a big D-line to match up with them!:D

17 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

didn't boise and or nebraska have a HUggggggge o line and if we had a qb that could throw we would have won both of em........

Nebraska sucked. This might be the best FBS team we’ve played by a large margin. Can’t think of one that’s close honestly

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Nebraska sucked. This might be the best FBS team we’ve played by a large margin. Can’t think of one that’s close honestly

#Laythepoints

• Upvote 1

can we pump the breaks on the mighty mighty cyclones....

they lost to ohio (not THE ohio state), kansas,, iowa,  and memphis

none of which are blue bloods southern sytle football

went 7-6

ten years into bubba tenure there is not reason we should be 4 or more td dawgs against iowa state....this is ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I was maybe thinking Utah or Washington but don’t think either of those teams ended up as well as they usually do the years we played them.

25 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Late decision to drive down to Ames for the football game next Saturday.  Does anybody know what section is for UND fans?  Is it way up in Section Z?

This is what the email said from UND a couple weeks back:

We have a limited number of tickets that we are selling in a block so all UND fans can be together. They are located in Section 41, if we fill that, we will move to sections H and J. All tickets are $75 + fees. 

My crew is a party of 13. We got ours earlier this summer. I heard there will be a healthy contingent of UND fans in Ames over Labor Day weekend. 

7 hours ago, Teeder11 said:

This is what the email said from UND a couple weeks back:

We have a limited number of tickets that we are selling in a block so all UND fans can be together. They are located in Section 41, if we fill that, we will move to sections H and J. All tickets are $75 + fees. 

My crew is a party of 13. We got ours earlier this summer. I heard there will be a healthy contingent of UND fans in Ames over Labor Day weekend. 

Thanks. Will get to work on tix

7 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

I was maybe thinking Utah or Washington but don’t think either of those teams ended up as well as they usually do the years we played them.

I thought about them but each had a down year when we played them. Respectable teams but not good for legit P5 teams which ISU could end up being this year based on returning production. Doesn’t mean they’re unbeatable by any means though.

18 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

can we pump the breaks on the mighty mighty cyclones....

they lost to ohio (not THE ohio state), kansas,, iowa,  and memphis

none of which are blue bloods southern sytle football

went 7-6

ten years into bubba tenure there is not reason we should be 4 or more td dawgs against iowa state....this is ridiculous.

In the NIL world it makes no sense to compare a team's record last year to suggest it's the same team this year.

2 hours ago, shep said:

In the NIL world it makes no sense to compare a team's record last year to suggest it's the same team this year.

exactly...these same starters from last year struggled against crappy programs.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

exactly...these same starters from last year struggled against crappy programs.....

MinnDak reminded me that the guys from Ames are mostly returning starters so that blows my theory out of the water.

To support your analysis, this UND team is not as good as last year due to the OL purge and the loss of an experienced QB who moved up in the world.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, shep said:

MinnDak reminded me that the guys from Ames are mostly returning starters so that blows my theory out of the water.

To support your analysis, this UND team is not as good as last year due to the OL purge and the loss of an experienced QB who moved up in the world.

if romfo can run like he can AND throw like we hope he will be a huuuue upgrade at qb.....the o-line...just beat the mf'er in front of you....pretty easy.  hopefully we have some guys that can whoop ass in the trenches.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if simon's first throw against ia state looks like the last kid from nodak to throw a pass at und.....i'm breaking my tv

If I'm thinking of the same play, didn't that pass end up with a TD. A wobbly duck TD

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if romfo can run like he can AND throw like we hope he will be a huuuue upgrade at qb.....the o-line...just beat the mf'er in front of you....pretty easy.  hopefully we have some guys that can whoop ass in the trenches.

Obviously we have a very inexperienced line. All around 300 to 330#. Great opportunity for young guys to step up:

LT: Becher and Thaden both stepping up and have the frame. Thaden is quick being he was a TE.  Might be a bit early to be starting but their time has come. 
LG: Kuntz and Folland, Kuntz certainly has the size and put in the time and now a senior. Hopefully he does well. He was behind Ventrelli and Kilty to learn.  Folland they say is built like a brick house still at 330 lbs after 1.5 years on the team and was at center in spring ball. Apparently he is one guy our defense hates to go against. Sounds tough and mean. 

Center: Buxa and Gorder. Buxa was highly recruited and has good size. Gorder has experience which is great. I wish last years center the best but the snapping issues were a nightmare for Tommy. This position might be an improvement. 
RG: Olson, Cariveau and maybe Gorder. Olson does have an extra year under his belt. Good size and well talked about. He has to be hungry to play. Cariveau good size and young. Gorder you would think will fill in as needed. 
RT: Anderson and Teeter. Anderson has great experience and is following in Ventrelli’s steps of great size and technique and never making a mistake. He has played along young linemen before. Teeter we haven’t heard much, he started in D2 so it’s interesting he is where he’s at. Great back up and hopefully does well. 

Let’s see how fired up they all are and maybe it’s the beginning of something good. It would be fun to see the line develop some knock down power and push the line. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if simon's first throw against ia state looks like the last kid from nodak to throw a pass at und.....i'm breaking my tv

Rugby Rocket? :lol: If that is the one .... wow, was it ugly!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1