SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Non-UND FCS Thread

The Sicatoka

2 minutes ago, AJS said:

NDSU definitely looked good. The ultimate question though is Colorado average or awful. Miller’s a great QB though.

CU's D will give up 35+ most games moving forward. Just a dreadful unit.

• Upvote 3

Boy is Colorado not well coached.  Deion's kid with zero clue with the play clock, their cover schemes, and his other kid with late hits and just terrible safety play.

After the PI call you take three knees and maybe punt it with 15 seconds or less. 

That is a mediocre Colorado team that will score a bunch of points, but give up a million points at the same time.  If that game is in Fargo I think NDSU wins it.  

I thought Miller looked pretty good.  Seemed like Landry went a bit Bubba in the 2nd half, but we've all been there. 

• Upvote 4

Does the Cole Payton package work against most teams? The way Miller was playing, I cannot believe they went to Payton at all. Some major take-aways.

• Miller looked the part of an All-American. My question being, is he the offense. They did not run the ball well outside of him. 
  • NDSU won both the Turnover battle (1 INT vs 0), as well as 4th downs (1-1 vs 0-1). Effectively 2 TO's to 0. That INT was incredibly fortunate
  • NDSU was so much better coached. 
  • Colorado at best is a 5-win team. 3 Super-stars, but outside of that. Not a lot to like. 

Then you read this morning that Shaduer was trying to pad stats by getting his buddy a TD late.

Any other team but NDSU you are hoping they connect at the end and make them pay for that stupidity.  Long year for the Buffs.  

55 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Then you read this morning that Shaduer was trying to pad stats by getting his buddy a TD late.

Any other team but NDSU you are hoping they connect at the end and make them pay for that stupidity.  Long year for the Buffs.  

That was a bonehead play

ndsu had a few coaching blunders too but hose happen in a game, just ask Bubba 

On 8/30/2024 at 6:57 AM, siouxweet said:

A 5 point loss on the road to a P5 school is getting spanked?

Colorado will be lucky to win anouther game all season come on bro.  Yea they are a P5 team but this is bottom of the bottom.

• Upvote 2

On 8/30/2024 at 7:39 AM, UND1983 said:

I like the tweets “no moral victories in Bison nation but……”.  They then go on to lay out a moral victory

Well, to be honest, if Bubba and UND played Coach Prime (who I agree is an awful game manager) and his son in Boulder, CO, does UND even keep that thing within 21 points? doubt it. But…. UND would get a paycheck, right? UND football leadership and direction - which includes Bubba and Chaves principally - is embarrassing of late. UND FB 360 and all the other homers love their gaslighting with paychecks when someone brings up UND’s horrendous road record, namely FBS games. 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, AJS said:

Does the Cole Payton package work against most teams? The way Miller was playing, I cannot believe they went to Payton at all. Some major take-aways.

• Miller looked the part of an All-American. My question being, is he the offense. They did not run the ball well outside of him. 
  • NDSU won both the Turnover battle (1 INT vs 0), as well as 4th downs (1-1 vs 0-1). Effectively 2 TO's to 0. That INT was incredibly fortunate
  • NDSU was so much better coached. 
  • Colorado at best is a 5-win team. 3 Super-stars, but outside of that. Not a lot to like. 

Cole Payton package has been average at best. UND stuffed the hell out of it last season in Alerus. Tried motioning out Miller and snapping it to Payton and he dropped the snap if I remember correctly. Good times.

I agree with Colorado. A few very very good players but overall not a good team. Not well coached.

38 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Well, to be honest, if Bubba and UND played Coach Prime (who I agree is an awful game manager) and his son in Boulder, CO, does UND even keep that thing within 21 points? doubt it. But…. UND would get a paycheck, right? UND football leadership and direction - which includes Bubba and Chaves principally - is embarrassing of late. UND FB 360 and all the other homers love their gaslighting with paychecks when someone brings up UND’s horrendous road record, namely FBS games. 

Watched some of this game.  Deion is an absolute moron in-game coach. Gives bubba a run for his money.   Colorado is bad tho.  Take away three players and they don’t win a game.  Defense is horrible and the OL should just quit football.  Sanders was sacked the most last year and will most definitely be again this year. 

• Upvote 3