SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Frozen Four

Dustin

Didn’t watch the game, was it one of those games where the stats were irrelevant, or was BC just more opportunistic?  Or did Michigan just start to press when they fell behind?

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I was just more making an observation of BC. Not sure anyone from our regional could’ve beaten BC last night.

Unless BC didn't come out for the first 10 minutes of the 3rd - then anything can happen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tnt said:

Didn’t watch the game, was it one of those games where the stats were irrelevant, or was BC just more opportunistic?  Or did Michigan just start to press when they fell behind?

Michigan came out like a house on fire the first minute of the game and then BOOM! BC gets the puck and storms down the ice for a two on one and a goal a minute and 20 seconds into the game. They are so explosive.

6 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Michigan came out like a house on fire the first minute of the game and then BOOM! BC gets the puck and storms down the ice for a two on one and a goal a minute and 20 seconds into the game. They are so explosive.

The wrap around goal looked like it was in slow motion . You could see it coming from a distance and it was destined to go in. BC is the best team in the tournament. I hope Denver can make a game of it tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, Sweethockey said:

The wrap around goal looked like it was in slow motion . You could see it coming from a distance and it was destined to go in. BC is the best team in the tournament. I hope Denver can make a game of it tomorrow.

BC will have to play better. They aren’t going to get many of those high flying opportunities. Denver probably hanging 10 tomorrow.

30 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Michigan was very much in that game until goal number four. 

That's how I saw it also, MI was down 3-0 in the 3rd & they were still flying around the ice. A lot of tenacity & pride in those guys and they played a full 60. No doubt a reflection of their coach, in part. Even though they lost, they left everything on the ice. That's all you can ask for as a coach & a fan. Despite them being one of the Axis of Evils, they did their school proud.

19 minutes ago, .357 said:

That's how I saw it also, MI was down 3-0 in the 3rd & they were still flying around the ice. A lot of tenacity & pride in those guys and they played a full 60. No doubt a reflection of their coach, in part. Even though they lost, they left everything on the ice. That's all you can ask for as a coach & a fan. Despite them being one of the Axis of Evils, they did their school proud.

Agreed.  Michigan kept the pace and intensity up until it was over at 4.   They were impressive, despite losing 4-0.  

• Like 1

d

15 hours ago, petey23 said:

image.png.0e80e56bfda7a71ad8160356da38ff0a.png

Wow a MEME?  You really know how to put me in my place;-) 

I'm serious - think about it?  Since 2000 - UND has won 1 Natty...ONE...despite having the greatest college hockey facility under the sun (true!)  It was built so we could attract the greatest athletes to our storied program (true)  We have had the finest UND pedigree coaches working - they just haven't been able to close the deal - why is that?   Why doesn't anyone have the balls to ask?   I guess you can just go and find another funny meme and plan to lose again next year.  You seem to be used to it now.

Look at the players Hak had?   Toews, Oshie, Duncan  et al and couldn't win ONCE in his tenure at UND?   WHY?   What was missing?   Seems like he freaked out the team when they got to the FF - 4 Straight and no wins?  Wished him well when he moved on to NHL and I still root for him there but for "whatever reason" he couldn't get it done.  Seriously ask yourself why? 

MOVE FORWARD - Berry comes in and wins in his first year with Hak's recruits - beginners luck?   Maybe BUT GREAT!  We got one and it was nice.   After that...?  Another SLEW of TOP SHELF recruits that could never close the deal!   Yes Covid f*cked us and all that but again - Berry is going on a decade since with nothing but great excitement with the teams he's cobbled and total disappointment in the post season.   At least Hak got us to the FF where we got another week or two of optimism before our hopes were quashed like a stale Pall-Mall.

All of this still begs the question - WHY?   It's not the athletes - they show up.  It's not the facility.  There is nothing even close anywhere else in college hockey.  So what is it?   It's easy to blame the coaching staff but these are UND GUYS 100% - okay - I'm not blaming them.    They're doing their job (within limits) so what else could it possibly be???

I think I know but I'll throw it out there to you guys?   What do you think it is?  Memes are alright for simpletons to reply but this is a serious question?   Otherwise just keep banging your heads against the wall and it may take UND another 20 years to win a Natty?   To me - that is unacceptable!

• Like 1

Well as much as it pains me to say this. I hope our coaches are watching and learning from 33 year old Coach David Carle on how you make adjustments and play to win. Not once has DU played the defensive shell game that seems to haunt us time and again. With that said DU is going to have their hands full today. I fully expect by the end of the day BC will have #6

• Upvote 2

DU playing well.  I don’t want to be a downer, but it feels like UND is miles away from being in a position to play in the title game.  
Three whole wins in NCAAs to get a shot at the title?  Seems like such a huge hill for them to climb.  C’mon Berry, staff, and team, prove me wrong next year!

11 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

DU playing well.  I don’t want to be a downer, but it feels like UND is miles away from being in a position to play in the title game.  
Three whole wins in NCAAs to get a shot at the title?  Seems like such a huge hill for them to climb.  C’mon Berry, staff, and team, prove me wrong next year!

Both these teams are a step above where UND is. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, burd said:

Both these teams are a step above where UND is. 

Agree.  

Yes, program apologists, we know how UND did against DU this season.  Late season success and the ability to win four high stakes games in a row are the question mark with this program. 

• Upvote 2