SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA tilt: UND vs the Maize and Blue

Oxbow6

4 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

might be time for a new goal song since michigan was mocking our "dance"....

especially after johannes goal dance or it might have been blake...?

Nah the goal song is too iconic 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

One example David Carle does  a great job but doesn’t seem that friendly with the players or anybody for that matter but his teams play well in the post season. 

But do they have a therapy dog?

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

We aren't the only team with a title drought:

UM Go Blow: 26 years

Goofs: 21 years

Bucky: 18 years

Michigan State: 17 years

BU: 15 years

BC: 12 years

Ours is at 8 years.

I am frustrated like everyone else, but we are in the same boat as a lot of other programs.

Hockey isn’t the #1 sport at any of those schools, maybe BU? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jk said:

I mean, they were seven years apart.  It's not like the players experienced it and then forgot.  Only fans got to relive it.  

Right. Didn’t necessarily mean to equate the teams, but yeah from a fan perspective, they were almost identical scenarios in a national tournament.  Just that one puck went in .6 seconds before and one went in .6 seconds after the horn. 

1 hour ago, Stack said:

Have you ever seen a team as snakebit as UND?

So, in this game Ludvig tries to clear the puck and puts it directly on our guy's skate and back into the goal. to tie the game. Third Michigan goal hits not one but two of our guys and flutters over to the Michigan guy all alone on the other side of the net. So we're now down 3-2 and have to chase the game. 

I can think of so many times our hockey team has either hit multiple pipes or the other team scores off our guy. 

For example: 2005 Frozen Four in Columbus against Denver for the Championship. Denver won the game 4-1 with an empty netter. First three Denver goals went off a North Dakota Player either a skate or a body. Two of which were power play goals. North Dakota out shoots Denver 21-1 in the third period and does not score a goal. One of which Fabian puts into their goalie (Maninno's glove that is inside the goal. But because the refs say they couldn't see the puck in his glove they disallowed it.  

Or 2004 Regional in Colorado Springs when Parise was a sophomore. We lose to Denver 1-0 after out shooting Denver  38-9. Only goal Denver scores goes off one of our guys butt. 

Just feels like we are snakebit when it comes to the national tournament. 

Argh!!!

All while our forwards were costing back into the zone instead of hustling to pick up the open guy. That didn’t happen in 2016, we never left a guy open because we didn’t give up!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

All while our forwards were costing back into the zone instead of hustling to pick up the open guy. That didn’t happen in 2016, we never left a guy open because we didn’t give up!

was wondering when someone was going to point out that our cryo chambers and underwater treadmills didn't help out our guys coasting back half assed on that play....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

was wondering when someone was going to point out that our cryo chambers and underwater treadmills didn't help out our guys coasting back half assed on that play....

They were skating like they were on an underwater treadmill in the third.

• Like 2

Back on March 2nd, I thought this was an over the top reaction to winning a conference champion by Berry, especially since he has accomplished this feat multiple times. Also, this is not the standard for UND. Seems even more ridiculous knowing we would finish the season losing 4 out of our next 6 games with the only wins being against Miami who had only won 3 games since the start of November. Our season ended on this night.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

Back on March 2nd, I thought this was an over the top reaction to winning a conference champion by Berry, especially since he has accomplished this feat multiple times. Also, this is not the standard for UND. Seems even more ridiculous knowing we would finish the season losing 4 out of our next 6 games with the only wins being against Miami who had only won 3 games since the start of November. Our season ended on this night.

in his defense with social media (especially amongst cottontops) they do what they are told to do by the social media marketing department.

3 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Please don't drink the B1G Kool-Aid. They were bound to get their act together at some point. But the NCHC is not going away, no matter what some people on here think. And eastern schools like BC, BU and Quinnipiac aren't going away either.

If the B1G made an offer to UND that made it worth our while financially, I would not oppose a move there. But until that day comes, I have no problem staying in the NCHC.

I'm not drinking the B1G kool-aid, that was more a reaction to Goon's post. There were a lot of people that expected the B1G to take over college hockey as soon as they were formed. They haven't but they have gotten better. And will continue to be good, as will BC, BU, etc. I'm very concerned that NIL (especially) and free agency will make it very hard for UND to keep up. The bigger cities and schools have a far bigger pool to draw money from and NIL hasn't really affected hockey much yet. And I don't see another Ralph Engelstad out there. 

6 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I'm not drinking the B1G kool-aid, that was more a reaction to Goon's post. There were a lot of people that expected the B1G to take over college hockey as soon as they were formed. They haven't but they have gotten better. And will continue to be good, as will BC, BU, etc. I'm very concerned that NIL (especially) and free agency will make it very hard for UND to keep up. The bigger cities and schools have a far bigger pool to draw money from and NIL hasn't really affected hockey much yet. And I don't see another Ralph Engelstad out there. 

Wouldn't UND be a likely beneficiary of NIL since it's maybe the only hockey blueblood school with a large fanbase where hockey is king?

13 minutes ago, Prison_Mike said:

Back on March 2nd, I thought this was an over the top reaction to winning a conference champion by Berry

I don’t really see a correlation between the two. You can celebrate conf and tourney championships along the way, with the end goal still being a national title. 
Enjoy the moment and the effort it took to accomplish one goal, but then move on to the next goal. 
Unfortunately this team didn’t achieve the other two goals, but I don’t think it was because of his reaction to accomplishing the first goal. 

If Big 10 were strategic they would offer und and have 8 schools. On any given year they would probably have 4 or more teams in national tourney easy.

NCHC would be dead.

Western and Miami to ccha

The old NCC would probably be formed....UMD, BSU, SCSU, MSU-Mankaota, Augie, Omaha, Denver, and St Thomas? Maybe CC??

ASU indy? (again)

The two Alaskas floating in the wind still (again)?

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

If Big 10 were strategic they would offer und and have 8 schools. On any given year they would probably have 4 or more teams in national tourney easy.

NCHC would be dead.

Western and Miami to ccha

The old NCC would probably be formed....UMD, BSU, SCSU, MSU-Mankaota, Augie, Omaha, Denver, and St Thomas? Maybe CC??

ASU indy? (again)

The two Alaskas floating in the wind still (again)?

Might the B1G prefer to leave UND behind and take over the sport with bona fide power 5 schools? If they want to take over hockey that is.

2 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Berry has a problem, that only Berry can fix. You can talk about culture, expectations, and what it means to be a fighting Sioux. But you still have to show up to the big game, and play your best hockey. 

The big question is will he adapt.  Like football Bubba he appears to be hard baked.  Both culture culture culture guys while collapsing in the playoffs.  The third period was brutal.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Might the B1G prefer to leave UND behind and take over the sport with bona fide power 5 schools? If they want to take over hockey that is.

true...but strategically it kills the nchc and bolsters the big10...double banger

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

true...but strategically it kills the nchc and bolsters the big10...double banger

They can bury the NCHC with NIL if they want. I don't think they wanna hurt the sport. I think they just wanted their schools to play together. Notre Dame going to the B1G for hockey makes much more sense than UND.

4 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

They can bury the NCHC with NIL if they want. I don't think they wanna hurt the sport. I think they just wanted their schools to play together. Notre Dame going to the B1G for hockey makes much more sense than UND.

they got the wrong und in their conference right now.......

5 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

bury or kill.........adding und kills it....not adding und the nchc will continue to do "well"...and send multiple teams to the tourney (and lose)