SiouxSports.com Forum

Miami @ UND - Hawks vs Hawks to go to the Frozen Faceoff

brianvf

5 minutes ago, Goon said:

Coach Brad Berry on Ludvig Persson's condition. 

"We're not going to divulge very much information because it's the playoffs," Berry said. "As the week progresses, we'll share more information, but right now, it's undisclosed."

Fair enough. Just suprised it was initially reported as "an illness".

37 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Ludvig not playing yesterday was most likely not illness related from what I have gathered.  The whole thing doesn't add up. He's listed as starting on line chart Friday night. Then reported as a late scratch pregame  Friday yet Hobie was told Friday morning he would be playing per his post game interview with TH Friday. Not that it matters. Hobie was terrific. Just that the dots don't connect that he was unable to play both nights because he was sick. His sighting post game last night at Joe Black's doesn't scream illness either. Regardless it's great to have two guys that can play and make an impact moving forward.  

Agreed, could be some gamesmanship since Miami had him in practice a long time with much film study on him this year. Maybe a Miami buddy gave him some sorta heads up. They were pretty cheap Friday night. Gotta luv a conspiracy theory during playoffs.:whistling:

18 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Is it time to let Miami walk away from the conference?  I had this discussion with @Wilbur last night.  I’m now in the “yes” camp.

Someone has to finish last, and they are the UAA of the NCHC. 

6-3-1 OOC and 1-21-2 in conference. 

16 minutes ago, Goon said:

I am for it, too. When they pay the 1.5 million, they can walk. 

Isn't it 2 million now?

40 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

Yes.  They can’t hang in the NCHC.  They’re a pairwise killer.  Let them leave without the exit fee. NCHC will be better as an 8 team league with ASU anyway. 
IMG_3854.thumb.png.965e6b0326eb30a71e5cb2b3ee2372be.png

Yes…totally agree with this.  Let them go and welcome ASU.  It’s a win-win for the conference.

2 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Yes…totally agree with this.  Let them go and welcome ASU.  It’s a win-win for the conference.

Regardless of which team brings up the rear in the NCHC, UND fans will not understand how we could lose to the last place team.  How many times have we heard how we could lose to Omaha this year and years past.

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

Regardless of which team brings up the rear in the NCHC, UND fans will not understand how we could lose to the last place team.  How many times have we heard how we could lose to Omaha this year and years past.

Yeah, sometimes we are not very reasonable.;)

Solid weekend of hockey. Thought the guys played with a different sense of urgency which is what you need to see this time of year. Really liked what Hedquist showed and it really is just more of what we have seen from him all year.

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Someone has to finish last, and they are the UAA of the NCHC. 

6-3-1 OOC and 1-21-2 in conference. 

Isn't it 2 million now?

I was originally told 1.5 million, and then I was told between 1.5 and 2 million (IRC, it was from someone at UND, then I read it somewhere online when they were talking about Miami wanting out of the league). I've been told three or four times that 1.5 million is the exit fee. Whatever it is, Miami has no bargaining chips. According to Schloss, it's in excess of $1 million

According to multiple sources, Miami did not make a push to leave the league at the annual meetings in Florida in April. The league's exit fee is one year of operating expenses, which usually is in excess of $1 million.

1 minute ago, Goon said:

I was originally told 1.5 million, and then I was told between 1.5 and 2 million (IRC, it was from someone at UND, then I read it somewhere online when they were talking about Miami wanting out of the league). I've been told three or four times that 1.5 million is the exit fee. Whatever it is, Miami has no bargaining chips. 

If Miami left would Western want to go as well?

3 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

I think they would be a package deal.   And I'm sure their AD's would prefer to be in same conference as Bowling Green.

Nobody is going to want to pay that exit fee though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blackheart said:

If Miami left would Western want to go as well?

The former SID told me of WMU men's hockey and that their school was committed to being in the NCHC. This was after the whispering about Miami being unhappy about the travel costs in the NCHC. 

18 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Hope not. Late bloomer, big guy. His degree is in Finance. Hopefully he likes our Business school.

50 years ago when I was in the building the Business program was highly rated.  Not sure if it is or is not still highly rated.  Anyone from the Business program let us know.

2 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

50 years ago when I was in the building the Business program was highly rated.  Not sure if it is or is not still highly rated.  Anyone from the Business program let us know.

They got a nice new building.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Esoteric said:

B schools are, appropriately, self aggrandizing.  Columbia’s has a sculpture in front that only makes sense when viewed from the air (helicopter).    Not exactly Tom Clifford style.