SiouxSports.com Forum

Miami @ UND - Hawks vs Hawks to go to the Frozen Faceoff

brianvf

Great to see Kunz starting to have success now...took him a little bit to get up to speed in the NCAA, but now you can def see his progress, even from just earlier this season.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/jackson-kunzs-rising-confidence-showing-on-the-ice

Kunz had a goal and two assists Saturday, his first career three-point game. He has 11 points in his last 13 games. The streak started Jan. 27 against Denver, when Kunz scored in the second period and moved to the top line for the third.

It’s an improvement for the Vancouver Canucks pick, who began this season teetering on the edge of the lineup. He found himself a healthy scratch in some early games.

12 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Great to see Kunz starting to have success now...took him a little bit to get up to speed in the NCAA, but now you can def see his progress, even from just earlier this season.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/jackson-kunzs-rising-confidence-showing-on-the-ice

Love his game...he is a monster standing in front of the opposing goalie...almost doesn't seem fair as the D has a tough time clearing him out.  I didn't think he would be a good fit on that line at first but he has shown that he definitely belongs.  Glad he's taking advantage of his opportunities!

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

@Goon what are your sources telling you the reason Ludvig didn't play this series?

This has to be the best kept secret in modern UND history - and little to no speculation or info on this board.  Very strange.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, BIGSIOUX said:

If he is ill, it’s weird he was in a suit in the locker room.  Picture of berry on twitter shows ludy all smiles in the background 

Maybe he was feeling better on Saturday but still not 100% so they went with Hobie

9 minutes ago, TwamleyShuffle said:

Maybe he was feeling better on Saturday but still not 100% so they went with Hobie

Last time we played him when he was still not 100 percent we lost to Omaha 5-4 in OT. Clearly we decided it was best not to try to do that again. 

1 hour ago, iluvdebbies said:

Screenshot_20240317-110947.png

Thanks for the info - This is a very important issue going into the playoffs - I still have the feeling - based on nothing - that something else is going on here.  

2 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

@Goon what are your sources telling you the reason Ludvig didn't play this series?

Berry was asked in the post-game and wouldn't say. If you look at this picture, Ludvig Persson is in his stall in street clothes. 

I am thinking injury. If he's sick, you don't want him in the locker room? Berry also said that Blake was fighting an illness. Schloss said that Ludy practiced on Friday. 

10 hours ago, Goon said:

Pretty awesome for a guy that grew up loving the Sioux, and thought he would never get a chance to suit up for them....not a bad way to do it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Berry was asked in the post-game and wouldn't say. If you look at this picture, Ludvig Persson is in his stall in street clothes. 

I am thinking injury. If he's sick, you don't want him in the locker room? Berry also said that Blake was fighting an illness. Schloss said that Ludy practiced on Friday. 

Ludvig not playing yesterday was most likely not illness related from what I have gathered.  The whole thing doesn't add up. He's listed as starting on line chart Friday night. Then reported as a late scratch pregame  Friday yet Hobie was told Friday morning he would be playing per his post game interview with TH Friday. Not that it matters. Hobie was terrific. Just that the dots don't connect that he was unable to play both nights because he was sick. His sighting post game last night at Joe Black's doesn't scream illness either. Regardless it's great to have two guys that can play and make an impact moving forward.  

Coach Brad Berry on Ludvig Persson's condition. 

"We're not going to divulge very much information because it's the playoffs," Berry said. "As the week progresses, we'll share more information, but right now, it's undisclosed."

2 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Is it time to let Miami walk away from the conference?  I had this discussion with @Wilbur last night.  I’m now in the “yes” camp.

I am for it, too. When they pay the 1.5 million, they can walk. 

• Upvote 1